• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Again, the people who feel compelled to point out that they don’t like the NBA in a thread about the NBA are the thin-skinned ones. Why not just stay out of the thread?
Seems to me that anybody recruiting agreement from others, seeking to devalue or destroy a contrary view, or flexing with a mic drop closing sentence that hopes to engineer a final disposition either way is simultaneously losing sight and overreaching on the matter.

I'm not bragging or criticizing or apologizing that these past 3 games might be the only three NBA games this season that I've watched half or more. I watched peak Auerbach-era mega-dominant Celtics as a kid with my dad. It's how I first learned the game, and how it set me up for going to Storrs to see Toby Kimball 60 years ago. And now I'm reactivated.

I'm txting with my college best friend who lives in Needham, and follows the league & Celtics pretty solidly. He knows I spend my time here and that I've just had a pretty joyous time watching NC5 and that I keep on it 12 months a year, whereas he overlaps baseball, football, and basketball in his own year round rotation.

There's no competitive urge to establish whether 1975's Golden State sweep of the Bullets (with a soundtrack of Dead shows on reel-to-reel or cassettes) invalidates, exceeds, or lags what's on display now. We shared that joy together in a haze of bong hits.

I'd like to see a great game tonight, and a worthwhile series starting on Thursday.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Butler was hunting—and destroying—White earlier in the series. Nice recovery for him.
Butler wasnt hunting White. White was allowing Butler too much space, trying to take away the drive. Butler was getting too deep. White has been much more physical as series has gone on.

Reaction Score
I should add that Jimmy Butler's 3 free throws were earned on a foul that came AFTER he double dribbled 2 times. How many times can you grab the ball with two hands and dribble it again? ZERO. Yet he did it 2x. No wonder Horford was out of sorts.
FWIW the NBA's Last Two Minute Report said Butler didn't double dribble.

In its Last Two Minute report of Saturday’s Game 6, the NBA determined that everything was called correctly on the play that Jimmy Butler was fouled by Al Horford when he attempted a shot in the game’s final seconds.

The report confirmed that Butler was fouled by Horford when he went up for a shot behind the 3-point line, which the Celtics unsuccessfully challenged. It also confirmed that refs were right to not call a double dribble on Butler as he picked up the ball after losing in the moments prior to getting fouled.

“Butler (MIA) fumbles the ball out of his control when he ends his dribble, then recovers it and legally attempts a field goal,” the league wrote in its review on Butler’s possible double dribble.

Reaction Score
FWIW the NBA's Last Two Minute Report said Butler didn't double dribble.

In its Last Two Minute report of Saturday’s Game 6, the NBA determined that everything was called correctly on the play that Jimmy Butler was fouled by Al Horford when he attempted a shot in the game’s final seconds.

The report confirmed that Butler was fouled by Horford when he went up for a shot behind the 3-point line, which the Celtics unsuccessfully challenged. It also confirmed that refs were right to not call a double dribble on Butler as he picked up the ball after losing in the moments prior to getting fouled.

“Butler (MIA) fumbles the ball out of his control when he ends his dribble, then recovers it and legally attempts a field goal,” the league wrote in its review on Butler’s possible double dribble.

Yes, I know. Under the twitter discussion you even had college refs saying yes it was a double dribble. So... this is a matter of some dispute. I will only say that the NBA is always curious when reviewing things. Even as a Celtics fan I find the 3.0 to 2.8 second thing spurious. I mean, they claim the foul on Butler happened earlier than the foul at 2.8. But if that's the case, then Butler shouldn't have been shooting 3 free throws. It would have been a foul on the floor.

While I do agree they missed 2 calls against Boston, I consider it NBA PR attempts to take controversy away from the final sequence. Otherwise they'd never go on about missed calls against Boston. I mean, a lane violation? Really?

Reaction Score
Yes, I know. Under the twitter discussion you even had college refs saying yes it was a double dribble. So... this is a matter of some dispute. I will only say that the NBA is always curious when reviewing things. Even as a Celtics fan I find the 3.0 to 2.8 second thing spurious. I mean, they claim the foul on Butler happened earlier than the foul at 2.8. But if that's the case, then Butler shouldn't have been shooting 3 free throws. It would have been a foul on the floor.

While I do agree they missed 2 calls against Boston, I consider it NBA PR attempts to take controversy away from the final sequence. Otherwise they'd never go on about missed calls against Boston. I mean, a lane violation? Really?
No, it's not even remotely controversial. That is not a double dribble, never has been a double dribble, and never will be a double dribble

Reaction Score
Seems to me that anybody recruiting agreement from others, seeking to devalue or destroy a contrary view, or flexing with a mic drop closing sentence that hopes to engineer a final disposition either way is simultaneously losing sight and overreaching on the matter.

I'm not bragging or criticizing or apologizing that these past 3 games might be the only three NBA games this season that I've watched half or more. I watched peak Auerbach-era mega-dominant Celtics as a kid with my dad. It's how I first learned the game, and how it set me up for going to Storrs to see Toby Kimball 60 years ago. And now I'm reactivated.

I'm txting with my college best friend who lives in Needham, and follows the league & Celtics pretty solidly. He knows I spend my time here and that I've just had a pretty joyous time watching NC5 and that I keep on it 12 months a year, whereas he overlaps baseball, football, and basketball in his own year round rotation.

There's no competitive urge to establish whether 1975's Golden State sweep of the Bullets (with a soundtrack of Dead shows on reel-to-reel or cassettes) invalidates, exceeds, or lags what's on display now. We shared that joy together in a haze of bong hits.

I'd like to see a great game tonight, and a worthwhile series starting on Thursday.
I never watch the regular season but I'll tune into the playoffs, and these playoffs have been great. Today we get history in the making.

Reaction Score
I never watch the regular season but I'll tune into the playoffs, and these playoffs have been great. Today we get history in the making.
My NBA watching is similar to yours. I have really enjoyed the playoffs this year (both NHL and NBA). I was watching game 6 at a Buffalo Wild Wings here in central Florida. Good mix of Celtic's fans and Miami fans. Great bar atmosphere to watch a game especially on the last second game winner.

Reminds me of watching Celtics vs Lakers on Memorial Day at The National on Block Island in the 80s.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
77% of public money on Mia tonight. Line has already moved a point to Mia +7.5.

Had a championship future on the Cs before the playoffs at +370. Really hoping they pull it out tonight but not confident they can matchup with jokic if they do.

Reaction Score
I should add that Jimmy Butler's 3 free throws were earned on a foul that came AFTER he double dribbled 2 times. How many times can you grab the ball with two hands and dribble it again? ZERO. Yet he did it 2x. No wonder Horford was out of sorts.
Learn the rules.

Reaction Score
77% of public money on Mia tonight. Line has already moved a point to Mia +7.5.

Had a championship future on the Cs before the playoffs at +370. Really hoping they pull it out tonight but not confident they can matchup with jokic if they do.
FB_IMG_1685392310122.jpg

Reaction Score
Learn the rules.

Learn the rules
No, it's not even remotely controversial. That is not a double dribble, never has been a double dribble, and never will be a double dribble

yea right

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Learn the rules

yea right

I could be wrong but I believe he was referring to the rules on what the challenge can cover.

Reaction Score

Learn the rules

yea right

Looks more like a double dribble every time I see it.

I don't think he fumbled it. I don't think that ball knocked anything. Instead, he picked up his dribble, then dribbled again once and gathered.

Reaction Score
100% agree. NBA regular season games are like watching paint dry, but playoffs have been good.

Reaction Score
What a week. Someone went from mocking another poster for saying the Celtics might come back to making preemptive excuses for a potential Heat loss in about 6 days. Wild stuff.
I certainly never mocked another poster for saying the Celtics might come back and I'm certainly not making preemptive excuses. Killer post though, keep it up!

Reaction Score
Spoelstra went small with Adebayo out no Zeller or Love. Tatum’s ankle will get shot up at the half.

Reaction Score
It’s 11 pt deficit so certainly not out of reach even though it feels like it’s 25. Celtics need strong 3rd and Heat a bad 3rd quarter.

Reaction Score
How do you defend that Caleb Martin shot at the end of the 3rd quarter? He traveled 2 times to even get to the spot where he could hit the fadeaway.

What are we watching here folks? This is absolutely ridiculous

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom