• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The turning point was Marcus Smart's flop defending with 1:18 left in the 2nd. Embiid fell over him and got a 3 point play, but you could tell when Embiid got up that he wasn't right. Embiid has sucked since. He is moving slowly and has no explosiveness.

I hate when defenders fall to the ground trying to draw a charge. There is no rulebook in the world that requires a defender to fall to the ground to get a charge, yet most referees will not give an offensive foul call unless the defender flops backward. It is a stupid and dangerous practice.

Bump. Celtics fans still like defenders flopping?

Reaction Score
How do you defend that Caleb Martin shot at the end of the 3rd quarter? He traveled 2 times to even get to the spot where he could hit the fadeaway.

What are we watching here folks? This is absolutely ridiculous
There’s no traveling in the NBA.

Reaction Score
I mean, they called a ridiculous carry on tatum last game at the top of the key, so I've seen it called
Exactly so just have consistency, we’ll not sure it matters as the Heat are up 21.

Reaction Score
Growing up a Knicks fan, it gave me great pleasure watching the Celtics lose this Game 7!

GO NUGGETS!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I missed your quoted post the first time. Thanks for reminding us how great you are. With efforts like this, you may singlehandedly transform the definition and reputation of re-gifting. I hope you'll do more of this in the upcoming series.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Lol Joe Mazulla on why they lost.

“We shot 21% from three”

Reporter: Do you think you rely on the three point shot too much?

Joe: “No”

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just laid it in C’s plus 4 right now. Thanks dove.
I put some money on the Heat before the game to win the title +1400. So now I win a few bucks or Jokic gets a ring. Win-win.

Reaction Score
Lol Joe Mazulla on why they lost.

“We shot 21% from three”

Reporter: Do you think you rely on the three point shot too much?

Joe: “No”
They beat the Heat last game while being outshot like 21-45% or whatever, so he's not wrong. but today Tatum getting hurt meant they weren't getting to the FT line to make up for it. They were equal opportunity bad tonight though: they also missed a bunch of layups and Jaylen Brown committed his 6 losing the ball while dribbling turnovers.

Reaction Score
They beat the Heat last game while being outshot like 21-45% or whatever, so he's not wrong. but today Tatum getting hurt meant they weren't getting to the FT line to make up for it. They were equal opportunity bad tonight though: they also missed a bunch of layups and Jaylen Brown committed his 6 losing the ball while dribbling turnovers.
Agreed. Missed way too many layups in 1st quarter

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I think if their offense was actually based on getting more good shots in general this series doesn’t go 7 games. They had the talent to win it.

Tatum has completely cut the mid range shot out of his game. I’m not sure if it’s because of Joe’s coaching but if it is that’s malpractice.

I just can’t ever get with a coach saying they lost a game because they struggled to make the hardest shot in basketball. It’s a terrible gameplan to have. I cringe when they mic him up and he says things like “keep shooting more threes” as his in game adjustment. That takes no coaching ability to do.

Reaction Score
I think if their offense was actually based on getting more good shots in general this series doesn’t go 7 games. They had the talent to win it.

Tatum has completely cut the mid range shot out of his game. I’m not sure if it’s because of Joe’s coaching but if it is that’s malpractice.

I just can’t ever get with a coach saying they lost a game because they struggled to make the hardest shot in basketball. It’s a terrible gameplan to have. I cringe when they mic him up and he says things like “keep shooting more threes” as his in game adjustment. That takes no coaching ability to do.
They aren’t even good threes. Always contested. They just play selfish, sloppy basketball. Better team won.

Reaction Score
I hope they can Mazulla. C's have the talent to win it all. They just need an experienced coach with a good scheme. A veteran PG would also help. Volume 3s for an average at best 3-point shooting team is not a good scheme. They also lost their defensive identity along with their toughness this season. It's clear the team lost confidence and trust in the coach's strategies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They aren't flops when you get hammered by a shoulder. The game is absurd in how much it lets offensive players get away with. There are multiple offensive fouls every possession. Also multiple uncalled bumps and reach ins by defenders.

This game was a catastrophe. Brown was beyond awful in every phase except rebounding. Go Denver.

Reaction Score
I hope they can Mazulla. C's have the talent to win it all. They just need an experienced coach with a good scheme. A veteran PG would also help. Volume 3s for an average at best 3-point shooting team is not a good scheme. They also lost their defensive identity along with their toughness this season. It's clear the team lost confidence and trust in the coach's strategies.
So Tatum and Brown are above criticism, they lost the last 3 years with 3 different Head Coach’s.

Reaction Score
They aren't flops when you get hammered by a shoulder. The game is absurd in how much it lets offensive players get away with. There are multiple offensive fouls every possession. Also multiple uncalled bumps and reach ins by defenders.

This game was a catastrophe. Brown was beyond awful in every phase except rebounding. Go Denver.
Nelson is actually right about Smart flopping it’s a bad omen and so is defending it and it’s karma that the Celtics got eliminated. You can’t blame the game and the series on the refs, Celtics got outplayed and out coached.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom