NBA Off-Season Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only issue is that GSW likely isn't breaking up over the next four years. Maybe they'll lose Draymond. But I think LeBron is fine with it; winning clearly isn't a top priority anymore and that's fine.

Depends how much they are going to want to pay into the tax. Draymond and Klay Thompson are going to be looking for more money for sure and everyone eventually reaches the point of no return when it comes to signing cap friendly deals.

Reaction Score
The idea that winning isn't a top priority for Lebron anymore is hilarious. He just signed with the best franchise in the sport who is loaded with really good young wings and they are pretty much guaranteed to get Kawhi next year and a very good chance they get another top free agent.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Where did you read this?

Either CBS or ESPN. Don't remember which. The writer was using it to make an argument that he may stay in Cleveland. Given the weekend's events, I think it is a lot less likely that he considers going into politics from Los Angeles.

Reaction Score
So last year the Lakers finished 35 and 47 and 11th in the West.
How many Wins does LeBron give you? Let's be conservative here. You know, in a "Make the Lakers Great Again" way. 12 Wins? Would you buy 13 wins?
If so, the Lakers are tied for 4th. If LeBron adds 15 wins, then the Lakers are 3rd behind the Ws and the Rockets. Point is, there is a huge glut after you get past the Ws and the Rockets.

Regular season basketball in the West just got a lot more interesting.
If they can add Kawhi, I'd put my money on the Lakers to win it all.

Reaction Score
Rondo to the Lakers. That makes LBJ, Lonzo, Lance Stephenson, and Rondo all on the same team. I'm telling you, that is a DISASTROUS locker room

The Rondo signing is REALLY weird.

He and Ball are like the same player. Why? Why not add shooting instead?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Who knows. You’d imagine they’re just getting ready to ship Ball, who was a really bad pick to begin with. The headaches aren’t worth the talent

Reaction Score
Who knows. You’d imagine they’re just getting ready to ship Ball, who was a really bad pick to begin with. The headaches aren’t worth the talent

I hate Lonzo as much as anyone and he really has no shooting ability, but he’s not really a bad pick. He just happened to be in the same draft class as 4 guys who have exceeded expectations. He’s still the 4th or 5th best player in that draft class.

Lonzo is very bad in half court offense. He is a positive at pretty much every thing else (transition, defense, rebounding). But man, the dude is extremely bad at putting the ball into the hoop.

Reaction Score

Sure seems like Lonzo will be gonzo. Since they are adding a bunch of people who can't shoot, letting them know I'm available.

Guessing they are adding people to make some sort of deal.

Reaction Score
The Lakers signings make little sense tactically but I do wonder if there has been a conscious decision to sign role players that won't cower in the moment. There is no Rodney Hood in this group.

Reaction Score
The Warriors whole starting five now has the potential to be the starters for the West All-Stars. What a joke.

I just got that alert on my phone. Holy ____. Did not see that coming.

Reaction Score
Perfect! The most easily hated dude in the league goes to the most easily hated team in the league.
If Khawi goes to the Lakers, the NBA is just getting stupid.
Not sure what to do about it, but what, exactly, is the incentive of fans of the teams outside of the top few to even go to games?
For people more tuned in to the NBA than me, isn't 5 mill severely underpaying this guy?

Reaction Score
What is the solution? Hard cap? I am still going to watch random weekday league pass games but this can't be good for the league, right?

Joe Lacob is now light years ahead of the rest of the league. Sickening.

Reaction Score
Perfect! The most easily hated dude in the league goes to the most easily hated team in the league.
If Kwahi goes to the Lakers, the NBA is just getting stupid.
Not sure what to do about it, but what, exactly, is the incentive of fans of the teams outside of the top few to even go to games?
For people more tuned in to the NBA than me, isn't 5 mill severely underpaying this guy?
It's only underpaying him by about 20-30 million.

Reaction Score
If Kwahi goes to the Lakers, the NBA is just getting stupid.

He could have gotten a 1 yr max, I think, but teams are hesitant to add years. Now he hopes to show he is fully healthy and sign a long term max with some non Warrior team. He is probably sacrificing 20 million over 1 year to play with the Warriors

Reaction Score
So has Golden State beaten the system?

That is, they have become the place where uber-rich guys can go to take a pay cut in exchange for winning a championship?
Durant was first.
Boogie is next.
Does Westbrook stop in when his contract expires?

Reaction Score
My only hope is that boogie's awful attitude ruins the locker room for GSW.

What is the point of watching the NBA now? We all know who is winning already.

So frustrating as a Celtics fan. Top 2-3 coach in the league, good young talent drafted, bringing in some stars. Favorite in the east and STILL the finals is all but guaranteed to be a 4-0 blowout for GSW.

Reaction Score
My only hope is that boogie's awful attitude ruins the locker room for GSW.

And the thing is this isn't some moribund outfit like Sacramento where he's going to steamroll everyone he disagrees with. They've got the locker room to keep him in check. And if it doesn't work out they're only out $5M. Really a kick in the ___ for the rest of the league.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
What is the solution? Hard cap? I am still going to watch random weekday league pass games but this can't be good for the league, right?

Joe Lacob is now light years ahead of the rest of the league. Sickening.

Going back to the old sign and trade rules instead of the laughably short sighted changed that were made is a step in the right direction.

This doesn’t happen with stuff like that available.

Reaction Score
@tomhaberstroh: The Warriors are literally an All-NBA starting lineup from 2015-16
PG: Stephen Curry (1st team)
SG: Klay Thompson (3rd)
SF: Kevin Durant (2nd)
PF: Draymond Green (2nd)
C: DeMarcus Cousins (2nd)
Shared via TweetCaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors