NBA Off-Season Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I get that the Lakers are the Lakers, and they have young talent plus room for two max players. But where did this burning desire to play in LA come from? I don't remember LeBron ever expressing a want to play there in the past. I also don't get why he would want to play with 20 and 21 year olds.

I've enjoyed the NBA without the Lakers. I don't want them to go away forever, but LeBron finishing his prime/career there would feel so corny and beneath him. Philly is so obvious - Simmons and Embiid aren't vets, but they're a lot further along than LA's pieces - that it seems like it would have been reported by now if it was going to happen.
Heard Bron actually texted KD about joining up in LA, which would be the only way by which he gets there that is more than 25% motivated by basketball. LA is a lifestyle change and that’s it; and I agree that no matter who he’s there with, I wouldn’t like it. PG and Bron ain’t even close to enough in the West. I’ve been saying this whole time that Philly would be where I would want him to go

Reaction Score
Hey everyone breaking news Lebron is a FA as if thats news, Espn has only flashed that on their bottom line every 10 seconds.

Reaction Score
Hey everyone breaking news Lebron is a FA as if thats news, Espn has only flashed that on their bottom line every 10 seconds.
Well it matters because he could have taken another 1-year deal to stay in Cleveland and see where the pieces fall this off-season, see if Philly is for real, see what Boston looks like all together, see how things go in LA...

But nope, looking like in all likelihood he is gone

Reaction Score
ESPN is the 24/7 LeBron network

Got the best 2 teams in baseball playing each other lets put that on the back highlight and have a conversation with Brian Windhorst and we got footage of Lebron on his vacation.

Reaction Score
Well it matters because he could have taken another 1-year deal to stay in Cleveland and see where the pieces fall this off-season, see if Philly is for real, see what Boston looks like all together, see how things go in LA...

But nope, looking like in all likelihood he is gone

Its not news until he actually signs it doesn't necessarily mean hes leaving Cleveland even, though we all believe thats the case.

Reaction Score
Got the best 2 teams in baseball playing each other lets put that on the back highlight and have a conversation with Brian Windhorst and we got footage of Lebron on his vacation.
Baseball is by far my favorite sport, but ESPN is going to lead with the story that people care about and that's not a June Yankees/Red Sox series

Reaction Score
Baseball is by far my favorite sport, but ESPN is going to lead with the story that people care about and that's not a June Yankees/Red Sox series

I dont really care that much I just think its funny that ESPN will show maybe 2 minutes of highlights then its back to Lebron.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have read that Lebron has talked about running for U.S. Senator from Ohio in 2022. The next contract is his last if that is the case.

Reaction Score
I have read that Lebron has talked about running for U.S. Senator from Ohio in 2022. The next contract is his last if that is the case.
Makes sense, this country is so farked.

Reaction Score
This seems like a surprise? And not a good one?
Doesn't make much sense but the blazers are in cap hell. Bazz should have a market. Probably a two year 10 mil type deal.

Reaction Score
If they offered him the qualifying offer he would have a $7.1M cap hold, I suspect that was a large factor in this decision

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Portland doesn’t have the cap space to sign him. He’ll get a good deal to be someone’s backup PG.

Reaction Score
Just one man's opinion, but Napier to Charlotte? That would be sweet.

Link

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
With the signing of Paul George, Oklahoma City would have the biggest luxury tax bill in NBA history. Someone has to go, most likely Carmelo.

Reaction Score
And so does that kind of immediately eliminate LA from the Bron sweepstakes? Heard LA called Boogie today... likely doesn’t move the needle much for Bron to come.., also heard Kawhi isn’t enthralled with the idea of playing with Bron

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think Carmelo and LeBron are friends. I can't imagine why LeBron would want to play with Melo, but maybe that does the trick at LA.

Philadelphia let Belinelli and Ilyasova just walk out the door. Those two had a big impact on the sixers season.

Reaction Score
Yankees and Red Sox never get any media coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom