NBA Off-Season Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I get that the Lakers are the Lakers, and they have young talent plus room for two max players. But where did this burning desire to play in LA come from? I don't remember LeBron ever expressing a want to play there in the past.

He sees himself - and he’s probably right - as a future media mogul, and LAs a great place to live, which is a nice little ancillary benefit.

Reaction Score
The next contract is his last if that is the case.
LeBron has always stuck me as a guy for whom basketball is just not that important. Sure, he's the best, and in the GOAT conversation, but he's not like Jordan, for whom basketball was life.
I wouldn't be shocked at all if LBJ hangs it up in 4 years, and I wouldn't be shocked if he's within striking distance of the career points leader when he does it.

Reaction Score
LeBron has always stuck me as a guy for whom basketball is just not that important. Sure, he's the best, and in the GOAT conversation, but he's not like Jordan, for whom basketball was life.
I wouldn't be shocked at all if LBJ hangs it up in 4 years, and I wouldn't be shocked if he's within striking distance of the career points leader when he does it.
Bwahahahahahahaha.

Reaction Score
And so does that kind of immediately eliminate LA from the Bron sweepstakes? Heard LA called Boogie today...
Ug. One of a few players who would kill my interest in watching LA with LeBron.

If Kawhi comes, they'll give the Warriors a good run. If not, it'll be interesting to see how far James can take this bunch of scrubs.

If Kawhi does not end up in L.A., it suggests LeBron isn't chasing titles anymore. Philly was the spot to do that.

Reaction Score
He retired from basketball to be mediocre at baseball for two years...

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I understand what your saying dog about Lebron. This was a move that was about basketball and life beyond basketball.

Reaction Score
4E65278D-96DA-472F-8E2C-0E1D958BF82A.jpeg

Reaction Score
Stephen A. saying GM's around the league are saying if Spurs don't get a deal done to ship Kawhi to the Lakers Leonard could sit out all of next year. Now Stephen A. saying Lakers need to be on the phone with Hornets right now to get Kemba.

Reaction Score
The West is ridiculous. They're gonna win 4-0/4-1 every year vs the East Champ unless the playoff format is changed.

Reaction Score
The West is ridiculous. They're gonna win 4-0/4-1 every year vs the East Champ unless the playoff format is changed.
Celtics are right there, everyone else totally stinks in the East though.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
You heard it hear on The Boneyard first- basketball is not that important for LeBron James.

Was basketball Michael Jordan's life when he played minor league baseball for multiple years in his prime?

Reaction Score
You heard it hear on The Boneyard first- basketball is not that important for LeBron James.

Was basketball Michael Jordan's life when he played minor league baseball for multiple years in his prime?

in reality...I think it was

Reaction Score

Basketball is just a hobby for Lebron, he's never really taken it all that seriously. He's much more at home reading Sartre, Kafka, Knut Hamson, and Camus. Basketball is just something he's good at and it pays the bills.

Reaction Score
Lakers just added Caldwell Pope and Lance Stephenson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom