NBA Off-Season Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I always assumed he was going to become a Karl Malone-esque PF in his later years.

Karl Malone was carrying a good team late into his 30's. He was a little taller, and he had been playing inside his whole career. Not an easy transition to make, and that was a different era, but that is basically the model for LeBron.

Reaction Score
KD & AD to Boston next season.

Starting lineup:

Kyrie
Smart
Hayward
KD
AD

I can't imagine that's financially possible unless you convince (or drug) the Pels to take on Horford's contract.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can't imagine that's financially possible unless you convince (or drug) the Pels to take on Horford's contract.

It's not financially possible, but Horford is a free agent. The Celtics can afford 2 max(ish) contracts, or 3 if they want to wipe out their bench. Hayward's is one, and he isn't going anywhere.

Reaction Score
Horford has a player option. I can't image a player at this stage of his career would turn down a $30m option. He seems to love playing in Boston too.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Horford needs to be moved either way to get brow

Reaction Score

Would only be for one year.

Still a valuable piece for other teams. I see him as part of the AD trade.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Would only be for one year.

Still a valuable piece for other teams. I see him as part of the AD trade.

It’s probably a 3 team deal if Boston gets brow. Because of horford

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Clippers are in an incredible spot from a salary cap perspective. They are good at 38-29, which includes 8-4 since trading Harris despite Chandler not playing a game for them yet. They will have over $50 million of cap space heading into the summer, and even the re-signings they have coming up are of early 30's role players that will be affordable. This team is a Kawhi Leonard away from challenging in the West, especially if Durant leaves Golden State.

Reaction Score
Lakers are pretty much dead. Good.

Celtics and Warriors keep yo-yoing...

Going to be the most compelling post-season in a while in the NBA. The East has a lot of good teams, and the West has a Warriors team that doesn't seem to like each other much anymore. They'll almost certainly still win, but they aren't going to wreck everyone, and the team they meet in the Finals will be better than the last two Cavs iterations.

Reaction Score
Lakers are pretty much dead. Good.

Celtics and Warriors keep yo-yoing...

Going to be the most compelling post-season in a while in the NBA. The East has a lot of good teams, and the West has a Warriors team that doesn't seem to like each other much anymore. They'll almost certainly still win, but they aren't going to wreck everyone, and the team they meet in the Finals will be better than the last two Cavs iterations.

I think Houston is going to catch Denver and we will end up with Houston and Golden State in the West finals again. That is assuming both remain healthy of course. The East feels harder to figure because the top teams don't have playoff success that you can point to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom