NBA Finals | Page 11 | The Boneyard

NBA Finals

So?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
You can trip your way to success, to a point. They don't hand out trophies for being up 3-2. This ain't Syracuse.

Their Offense is ugly and Nurse tends to wet the bed a bit in big moments. Nothing hyperbolic about it.

Their offense is so bad that they put up a 50 40 90 2 games ago. They couldn't hit an open 3 last night. When that happens, things tend to look ugly. Incorrect take by the cumulative eye test and the numbers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Their offense is so bad that they put up a 50 40 90 2 games ago. They couldn't hit an open 3 last night. When that happens, things tend to look ugly. Incorrect take by the cumulative eye test and the numbers.

I am not just talking about the numbers. I have never seen a team drive to paint and turn down shots to force awkward passes out to the arc. Not to mention this version of the Warriors is not a defensive juggernaut. Putting up numbers against them should be fairly easy for a decent offensive team. The Raptors aren't that.

Reaction Score
I am not just talking about the numbers. I have never seen a team drive to paint and turn down shots to force awkward passes out to the arc. Not to mention this version of the Warriors is not a defensive juggernaut. Putting up numbers against them should be fairly easy for a decent offensive team. The Raptors aren't that.

How about the Magic, 76ers, or Bucks? This is not worth engaging further.

Reaction Score
I like the offense, but will agree on Nurse. He has been in panic mode since the second round.

That Offense couldn't score for the final 3.5 of a home game with the title of the line because their only offense is Kawhi. They don't seem have a go to set to get a basket. If you trap Kawhi, they have nothing. GSW are going trap him the entire 4th quarter if the game is close.

Reaction Score
How about the Magic, 76ers, or Bucks? This is not worth engaging further.

Say those teams slowly ..........this is the proof the Raptors Offense isn't ugly? Three teams that haven't accomplished anything. I never said they weren't effective. I said they are ugly. Not to mention Orlando ain't Golden State.

Reaction Score
There is a team that should be stressing about where their points are going to come from heading into game 7 and it’s not Toronto. Some of the takes on this board are head scratching.

Reaction Score
Then clearly you haven't been watching the NBA the last few years. This is the modern offense

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There is a team that should be stressing about where their points are going to come from heading into game 7 and it’s not Toronto. Some of the takes on this board are head scratching.
So you are predicting that the Warriors win game 6?

Reaction Score
So you are predicting that the Warriors win game 6?

I have no idea. Toronto is a better team right now and Golden State has less to work with but they’re the kind of team I have a hard time picking against until someone actually beats them. No result would surprise me at this point.

Reaction Score
Then clearly you haven't been watching the NBA the last few years. This is the modern offense

It is, but not the way the do it. Lowery always looks like he is just closing his eyes and praying the pass hits a teammate......and he is a Point Guard.

Reaction Score
We all knew since you could actually see it rupture through his compression pants but here is confirmation.

Everyone associated with the Dubs states they were told the only risk was calf reinjury. For 2 weeks I have been listening to Windhorst concerned that playing could lead to an achilles tear. Just a strange situation.

Reaction Score
Say those teams slowly .....this is the proof the Raptors Offense isn't ugly? Three teams that haven't accomplished anything. I never said they weren't effective. I said they are ugly. Not to mention Orlando ain't Golden State.

Bucks had the best defensive rating. Orlando was 5 spots better than a much healthier GSW team.

Raptors had the 5th best offensive rating. Best post Gasol. Literally every number disagrees with you. And the eye test doesn't work when you watch 1 game. They are generating a huge number of open 3s, especially corner. Good offense isn't always made buckets. Drive and kick is a pretty damn good strategy when the Warriors are switching everything and relying on bigs to contain Lowry.

Reaction Score
Everyone associated with the Dubs states they were told the only risk was calf reinjury. For 2 weeks I have been listening to Windhorst concerned that playing could lead to an achilles tear. Just a strange situation.
I don't like the blame game. I highly doubt the doctors are incompetent or liars. I'll trust their medical knowledge over Brian Windhorst's.

Reaction Score
I don't like the blame game. I highly doubt the doctors are incompetent or liars. I'll trust their medical knowledge over Brian Windhorst's.

KD got checked out by his own doctors too. Clearly it's not the Warriors solely at fault. Windhorst isn't a doctor as far as I know - he was just stating that the medical people he talked to said the typical concern playing with a calf injury is an achilles injury. All the coverage on the calf injury was so vague so who knows what happened. I too highly doubt they are liars.

Reaction Score
The team doctors are tasked with answering the question of whether or not Kevin Durant can play; it’s up to the Warriors, and especially Kevin Durant himself, to decide whether or not he should play.

The doctors’ primary failure was the apparent advice that he couldn’t have injured anything further. That makes no freaking sense. The calves attach to the Achilles tendon... how could they think it impossible an unstable tendon could rupture in such sudden intense action?

But we know that Kevin Durant was shutting out everyone, all over television and the internet, and even within his inner circle, telling him that playing was a bad idea.

Courage is a virtue. But perversion of this virtue leads to rash or cowardly behavior. KD was rash and was trying to prove that he wasn’t soft; but to whom? We heard reports that there were people in the organization and in the locker room who were questioning how hard he was trying to get back. Questioning if Klay or Draymond would take this long to come back. Draymond Green saying that 70% KD is better than most of the NBA... they planted those seeds in his head. And that’s not mentioning the drama during the season.

So this all starts with the Warriors trying to get him back to play one game to keep them alive. If they weren’t down 3-1, he wouldn’t have played; that’s all you need to know.

Reaction Score
Bucks had the best defensive rating. Orlando was 5 spots better than a much healthier GSW team.

Raptors had the 5th best offensive rating. Best post Gasol. Literally every number disagrees with you. And the eye test doesn't work when you watch 1 game. They are generating a huge number of open 3s, especially corner. Good offense isn't always made buckets. Drive and kick is a pretty damn good strategy when the Warriors are switching everything and relying on bigs to contain Lowry.

You ever think a lot of those shots are wide open because Golden State doesn't respect them as shooters? Wide open shots don't necessarily mean your offense isn't ugly. They also don't matter much if your team can't shot!

You are a numbers person and I respect that. But basketball is the sport where numbers can be very deceptive. if you look at the box score Kawhi had a really good game. Outside of two stretches of that game, do you really think he had a good night?

As for best Defense, last season 16 teams averaged 105 points or better. This season that number was 26 teams. Yes the rankings are relative, but none of these teams, including the Bucks, are really good at Defense. Which why it is possible to have an ugly offense and still win the title.

Reaction Score
You ever think a lot of those shots are wide open because Golden State doesn't respect them as shooters? Wide open shots don't necessarily mean your offense isn't ugly. They also don't matter much if your team can't shot!

You are a numbers person and I respect that. But basketball is the sport where numbers can be very deceptive. if you look at the box score Kawhi had a really good game. Outside of two stretches of that game, do you really think he had a good night?

As for best Defense, last season 16 teams averaged 105 points or better. This season that number was 26 teams. Yes the rankings are relative, but none of these teams, including the Bucks, are really good at Defense. Which why it is possible to have an ugly offense and still win the title.

I honestly think a decent amount of the analytics are stupid and not helpful. The irony of this debate is that am often on your side, i.e. I think you need to watch the games to correctly apply the number takes.

If Siakam or Serge are wide open from 3 it is likely strategy and a good one. But the Raptors were literally the best 3 point shooting team in the league after the Gasol trade. The problem is that when you have a multi faceted offense you can't take away everything. The Warriors are trying to take away Kawhi. The 76ers main goal was to take away the Raptors 3 point shots. Their offensive style has looked completely different series to series and that is because they have to react to the defensive scheme.

Reaction Score
What a first half. Holy cow this is going to be a battle.

What a fun game to watch. I am terrified every time Klay touches the ball. Some good minutes from Boogie - I am not sure if he can get 3 inches off the ground and he is still effective in the post.

Reaction Score
What a fun game to watch. I am terrified every time Klay touches the ball. Some good minutes from Boogie - I am not sure if he can get 3 inches off the ground and he is still effective in the post.
They aren't getting enough looks for Klay, he could have had one of those 30 point halves.

Not sure Boogie can even dunk anymore.

Reaction Score
He's a good player but VanVleet drives me a little crazy, he's constantly flopping and pushing off.

Reaction Score
He's a good player but VanVleet drives me a little crazy, he's constantly flopping and pushing off.

It's funny that I haven't noticed this a single time but I am pissed every time Steph does it. That's bias for you.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So many of them do though. Tough to call anyone out on it anymore because they all exploit the rules and try to get away with as much as they can.

Lowry and Curry would tell you that these refs are actually calling it too close, and they probably are as to them.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’m rooting for the Raptors but damn it’s hard not to be impressed with the Warriors’ offense and how well they see each other and move without the ball. Like a well-oiled machine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom