NBA Finals | Page 6 | The Boneyard

NBA Finals

So?

• Total voters

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Masai Ujiri is some kind of a wizard for what he has done with this team. Kawhi is having an insane run, and I like the pieces of this team, but it is still amazing that a lineup of Kawhi, Lowry, Siakum, Gasol and Green beat a 60 win Bucks team and is up 3-1 over the Golden State Warriors and heading home.

The Raptors do not have a single lottery pick on this team.

He came from Toronto from Denver. Look what the Raptors and Nuggets did this year; neither with a top 6 pick on their roster.

Ujiri is a lord.

Reaction Score
Masai Ujiri is some kind of a wizard for what he has done with this team. Kawhi is having an insane run, and I like the pieces of this team, but it is still amazing that a lineup of Kawhi, Lowry, Siakum, Gasol and Green beat a 60 win Bucks team and is up 3-1 over the Golden State Warriors and heading home.

The Raptors do not have a single lottery pick on this team.

They have 5 guys who have been on the NBA All Defensive team, two guys who have been defensive player of the year and that doesn't include Pascal, who was the best defender this year, and Van Vleet, who has defended Curry better than anyone all year.

Reaction Score
He came from Toronto from Denver. Look what the Raptors and Nuggets did this year; neither with a top 6 pick on their roster.

Ujiri is a lord.

He is great. There is also a grand total of zero players on the Nuggets roster from his time there...

Reaction Score
I also hate that they're moving to the heart of San Fran, their lifelong fans have already been priced out a long time ago but it's just lame.

I like seeing greatness but we are seeing it right now with Kawhi and I love Canadian people so I would be cool with them winning.

Fully agree. Oakland fans are taking a real raw deal in pro sports. Kawhi and DeRozan are my favorite players. As a lifelong Knicks fan with nothing to root for, I have been pulling for the Raptors and Spurs the last 5 years. I am ecstatic.

Reaction Score
Of course it's why they lost along with Iggy and Bogut getting injured.

They had two games to win one with him. They lost three straight. I know he is good, but damn he isn't Kareem. Lol

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why? They have the best player in basketball right now and a bunch of really good NBA players with a bunch of playoff experience and the Warriors are beaten up.

You are right. It is easy to assemble a 55+ win team that is on the verge of an NBA Championship. That is why everyone does it.

Reaction Score
You are right. It is easy to assemble a 55+ win team that is on the verge of an NBA Championship. That is why everyone does it.
Who said anything about it being easy to assemble a 55+ win team on the verge of winning an NBA championship?

You said it is amazing a lineup with the best player in basketball right now, a former defensive player of the year with several all-star appearances, an emerging star, a perennial all-star, and the most accurate three point shooter in finals history beat the Bucks and is up 3-1 on an injured Warriors team. You didn't even mention their 3 time 1st team all defense player who has led the league in blocks twice or VanVleet who is a really good backup point.

You said Ujiri is a wizard but then seemed to denigrate some of his acquisitions by minimizing how good they are.

The Raptors have a bunch of guys who knock down shots surrounding the best player in basketball and they have a bunch of great defenders guarding a team that has just two players who can make shots. It really shouldn't be that surprising.

Reaction Score
Kawhi is justifying playing less than a full season now, saying it helped his postseason. These people are paid millions to play a game....

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Who said anything about it being easy to assemble a 55+ win team on the verge of winning an NBA championship?

You said it is amazing a lineup with the best player in basketball right now, a former defensive player of the year with several all-star appearances, an emerging star, a perennial all-star, and the most accurate three point shooter in finals history beat the Bucks and is up 3-1 on an injured Warriors team. You didn't even mention their 3 time 1st team all defense player who has led the league in blocks twice or VanVleet who is a really good backup point.

You said Ujiri is a wizard but then seemed to denigrate some of his acquisitions by minimizing how good they are.

The Raptors have a bunch of guys who knock down shots surrounding the best player in basketball and they have a bunch of great defenders guarding a team that has just two players who can make shots. It really shouldn't be that surprising.

Is Ujiri good or bad?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He fired the Coach of the Year, traded away the team's most popular player for a potential "one year" rental and is one win away from a title. I'd say thats pretty damn good and ballsy.

Danny didn’t have the balls to trade smart and brown for kawhi.

Think he regrets it?

the Q

Reaction Score
Ujiri is awesome. Is Kawhi good? Is Gasol good? Is Lowry good? Is Ibaka good? Is Siakim good? Is Green good?

I still can’t believe Toronto almost traded Lowry to the knicks for Felton, shumpert and what would’ve been a mediocre first.

the Q

Reaction Score
Remember when people said the Warriors were better without Durant? Wasn't that a week ago?

Remember when people said this wasn’t Durant’s team?

Reaction Score
Remember when people said the Warriors were better without Durant? Wasn't that a week ago?
Warriors struggled to beat the Clippers and were struggling with the Rockets with Durant. I think everyone felt they might need him for the finals.

Reaction Score
Remember when people said this wasn’t Durant’s team?
It's not. It's always been Curry's team, they go as he goes. They win 90% of their games when KD is out of the lineup, they become average when either Curry or Thompson is out of the lineup.

Having only 2 guys who can score right now just won't cut it against a team as good as Toronto who is firing on all cylinders.

the Q

Reaction Score
It's not. It's always been Curry's team, they go as he goes. They win 90% of their games when KD is out of the lineup, they become average when either Curry or Thompson is out of the lineup.

Having only 2 guys who can score right now just won't cut it against a team as good as Toronto who is firing on all cylinders.

The only finals win they have without their best player is when the cavs were even more banged up than the current dubs are. They lost to the same squad at when they got to full strength next year.

Reaction Score
The only finals win they have without their best player is when the cavs were even more banged up than the current dubs are. They lost to the same squad at when they got to full strength next year.
And if they were healthy the Warriors would maybe be winning their fifth championship. The what ifs are so stupid. Cool how you conveniently leave out Draymond's suspension, Bogut"s injury, and Iggy's injury.

I get it, injuries only matter when they happen to other teams and not the Warriors.

Reaction Score

KD is the better player but it is clearly Curry's team

Reaction Score
KD is the better player but it is clearly Curry's team
As it should be. Some of those Warriors teams before Curry were awful. Curry transcended how the dubs play, in some ways, how basketball is played. I agree, KD is the more dominant player but something happened with him. I remember well the KD that was a carefree kid who always had a baskeball in his car and would stop to play pick up with kids that were outside. The last few years its almost as if he embraced this villian personality. I am still a huge fan though and feel that he is the best player in the world.

Reaction Score
And without Draymond's suspension and injuries the Warriors are going for #5.
That’s all part of winning championships, part of the reason why it is so hard, please don’t make excuses, it has been a hell of a run for them, hopefully they can make this series & win their 3rd in a row or at least have a game 7.

the Q

Reaction Score
As it should be. Some of those Warriors teams before Curry were awful. Curry transcended how the dubs play, in some ways, how basketball is played. I agree, KD is the more dominant player but something happened with him. I remember well the KD that was a carefree kid who always had a baskeball in his car and would stop to play pick up with kids that were outside. The last few years its almost as if he embraced this villian personality. I am still a huge fan though and feel that he is the best player in the world.

What’s wrong with that? LeBron did the same thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom