NBA Finals | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NBA Finals

So?

• Total voters

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I love basketball and the NBA has the best basketball players so I watch a lot all season long. What I enjoy most is the "fringe" guys that figure what they need to get better at to play meaningful minutes in the league. Fred Van Vleet is an example.

Reaction Score
Toronto got outstanding performances from Lowry (8/16, 5/9 threes), Green (6/10 all threes) and pretty much everyone else shot 50%. Warriors lost because of defense not because of Steph's offense or comparative starness. Anyone outside of Michael Jordan who was way more of a two-way player loses that game.

The Warriors kind of threw that game knowing they need to be healthy enough to win 3. So they took a 25% chance of riding a red-hot Curry, knowing it was a likely loss - yet they still played really hard and were in the game until Van Vleet made a very tough 3. I think they showed championship mettle, while likewise the Raptors all stepped up in a game they absolutely have to win.

My prediction is both Klay (limited) and Durant (healthy) are back for game 4 and the Warriors even the series - but Toronto will certainly fight. Either way ((2-2 or 3-1) Game 5 shaping up to be epic and I think we are heading for 7 games.

Given that this game with such a depleted Warriors roster was entertaining, remaining games as they get bigger should be great.

Reaction Score
I am trying to watch but the 9 p.m. tip is too late during the week. And what is up with the schedule for this weekend? Friday and Monday night? How about an afternoon or early evening game this weekend? I would definitely tune in for that. I will try to stay up Friday, but no way on Monday night.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Lebron has done this before.

2015 was just such an amazing achievement by him. If he even has one of those guys for the series the dubs might be ringless without Durant.

Lebron was nasty in 2015, but that 2015 Cavaliers team lost 4-2, and was an all-star team compared to what Golden State rolled out last night. Thompson, Dellavedova and J.R. Smith would have been in the Top 6/7 for GS last night.

The 2015 GS team didn't have Durant yet either.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Lebron was nasty in 2015, but that 2015 Cavaliers team lost 4-2, and was an all-star team compared to what Golden State rolled out last night. Thompson, Dellavedova and J.R. Smith would have been in the Top 6/7 for GS last night.

You forgot the immortal mozgov.

Reaction Score
Lebron has done this before.

2015 was just such an amazing achievement by him. If he even has one of those guys for the series the dubs might be ringless without Durant.
And without Draymond's suspension and injuries the Warriors are going for #5.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
And without Draymond's suspension and injuries the Warriors are going for #5.

Yup. There’s no question you need some luck to win a title.

Reaction Score
And the warriors have had there share of luck recalling several good teams that were shorthanded playing them in the playoffs.

Reaction Score

Lmao swap Bron and Steph in 2015 and it’s a sweep, not a 6-game series

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Lmao swap Bron and Steph in 2015 and it’s a sweep, not a 6-game series

Lmao, no Sherlock.

I never compared LeBron to Curry. These stupid (and usually wrong) "gotcha" posts kill good threads on this board.

Reaction Score
Lmao, no Sherlock.

I never compared LeBron to Curry. These stupid (and usually wrong) "gotcha" posts kill good threads on this board.
You compared supporting casts and said the 2015 cast was “all-star” relative to this current cast. Well if steph had that “all-star” cast in 2015, would he have done any better than Bron did?

Don’t worry about answering. Stop making stupid hyperbole and you’ll be left alone.

Reaction Score
Toronto got outstanding performances from Lowry (8/16, 5/9 threes), Green (6/10 all threes) and pretty much everyone else shot 50%. Warriors lost because of defense not because of Steph's offense or comparative starness. Anyone outside of Michael Jordan who was way more of a two-way player loses that game.

The Warriors kind of threw that game knowing they need to be healthy enough to win 3. So they took a 25% chance of riding a red-hot Curry, knowing it was a likely loss - yet they still played really hard and were in the game until Van Vleet made a very tough 3. I think they showed championship mettle, while likewise the Raptors all stepped up in a game they absolutely have to win.

My prediction is both Klay (limited) and Durant (healthy) are back for game 4 and the Warriors even the series - but Toronto will certainly fight. Either way ((2-2 or 3-1) Game 5 shaping up to be epic and I think we are heading for 7 games.

Given that this game with such a depleted Warriors roster was entertaining, remaining games as they get bigger should be great.
Let’s not forget that steph is also NOT a 220-245 6’6” guy. Even AI couldn’t carry this load.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You compared supporting casts and said the 2015 cast was “all-star” relative to this current cast. Well if steph had that “all-star” cast in 2015, would he have done any better than Bron did?

Don’t worry about answering. Stop making stupid hyperbole and you’ll be left alone.

Why don't you just say you can't read and cut your losses?

Reaction Score
Why don't you just say you can't read and cut your losses?
Skipped over your overall point, simply criticized the hyperbole you tried to use to make it

You advising anyone regarding cutting one’s losses is delectably rich, Mr. Maddow

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Those godless heathens in Toronto don't believe in mojo or jinxing themselves. We'll have to see if the team can withstand the transgressions of their fanbase.

Reaction Score
This race-baiting scumbag hack has been writing columns like this my entire life. It always amazes me a racist guy who hates sports and entertainment has had a successful career writing about sports and entertainment for 30-40 years...

Reaction Score
Top 4 players in the NBA in order
1) KD
2) Steph
3) Lebron
4) Kawhi
Right at this second, I'd rank it:
1. Kawhi (2 way), 2. LeBron, 3. KD, 4. Giannis, 5. Harden, 6. Steph
Steph is at worst the 3rd best offensive player in the league, but there are two sides of the court. Harden I think can single-handed carry a team, especially thru the regular season better than Steph can, but I'd much rather have Steph in the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Basketball is very hard to ref but it's unreal how incompetent every officiating crew is

Reaction Score
Outside of Curry and Klay the Warriros just have nothing on offense none of them can score and Curry is having an off game.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The home fans who go through all these cockamamie deals to distract the opposing free throw shooter, and then he drains them. Do they realize how worthless they are? Toronto is 18 of 19 going into the 4th quarter. Do they think they caused the one miss?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom