NBA Finals Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NBA Finals Thread

Reaction Score
This will be the biggest failure of all time if Golden State somehow blows it and loses this series. They never should have lost last year, but they are even better now than they were. It's pretty crazy to watch what they are putting out there.

Reaction Score
The ball movement by GSW is incredible, teams can try to build a super team to try to beat GSW but its not that easy.

Reaction Score
Well, also Curry is healthy.

Durant changes things, obviously, in a way that's hard to account for. It shifted Curry from option A to option B. But that's where Irving lives.

The revenge factor as well

Reaction Score
Besides the Warriors being better the Cavs strategy to push the ball and run up & down is dumb. Only chance is low scoring game and hoping LeBron+Kyrie can be more efficient and clutch late than Warriors. But trying to win at 110+ isn't ever happening. Warriors way better 3-7 and Cavs can't afford LeBron or Kyrie running outta gas.

Reaction Score
KD is a total joke

I have zero respect for him and if he gets a ring, which seems likely

I'll boo him at any arena anytime, he's what's wrong with sports
Meh. I mean, I think it's not that different than James taking the best player off of the best team of the league (him--61 wins was most), and the best player off of another team to jump to the 5-seed with a Top 5 player.

People forgot and forgave him, by and large (people always hate great players). Most will do the same for Durant.

Reaction Score
Because of this warriors team Lebron could be looking at a 3-7/3-8 finals record when it's all said and done.

Sad. I've looked up to him since he entered the league and my other icon Iverson faded into the abyss (mid 2000's during my childhood). His legacy will be looked at very negatively because of this. I don't care though, I'll be telling my grand kids one day about the absolute magician he is/was on the on the basketball court.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Overall, GS is a much more "in shape team" they have non stop motors
While he may be a jerk at times - Draymon is an animal and damn versatile for a "big man"
Curry a triple double on an off night.............................................
Durant in another gear

Reaction Score
Because of this warriors team Lebron could be looking at a 3-7/3-8 finals record when it's all said and done.

Sad. I've looked up to him since he entered the league and my other icon Iverson faded into the abyss (mid 2000's during my childhood). His legacy will be looked at very negatively because of this. I don't care though, I'll be telling my grand kids one day about the absolute magician he is/was on the on the basketball court.
I think, eventually, most will overlook that. He's unbelievable and has had unreal success in the regular season, let alone the Finals.

Reaction Score
This is the greatest basketball team ever assembled and I don't think it's particularly close.

LeBron notwithstanding, it might be a long time before we see a player as good as Kevin Durant. It can't be said enough how much of a freak of nature he is. The offense is obvious, but what he did defensively tonight was staggering. He is from a different galaxy.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Its weird because besides the first stint in Cleveland - he has been surrounded by some really good players
He is a great player but not one of my favorites - he rubs me the wrong way

Reaction Score
If Kyrie hadn't missed the game tonight it would have been epic! Hopefully he can play in game 3.

Reaction Score
I think, eventually, most will overlook that. He's unbelievable and has had unreal success in the regular season, let alone the Finals.

The only one you could use as a blemish on his resume is the 2011 Finals.

Reaction Score
This is the greatest basketball team ever assembled and I don't think it's particularly close.

LeBron notwithstanding, it might be a long time before we see a player as good as Kevin Durant. It can't be said enough how much of a freak of nature he is. The offense is obvious, but what he did defensively tonight was staggering. He is from a different galaxy.
He bothered LeBron on the ball, destroyed Love, and found ways to disrupt Irving off ball.

Playing on a team that plays like a team for the first time in his career really has to show people that he's the second best player of his generation, and will probably end somewhere in the Top 10-15. Certainly only Duncan and LeBron are ahead of him in terms of players that overlapped with him in terms of talent.

Reaction Score

It's funny. The implication, of course, is that losing before the Finals is better than losing in the Finals.

Reaction Score
I think its fairly obvious the top 3 teams going into next year are GS, Cleveland and SA.

Reaction Score
Watching the Warriors dominate makes me so mad. I love watching Durant play. Wish he was playing literally anywhere else.

Hope the Cavs can win at home.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Terrible for the sport. Cleveland has to add a player like Paul George in order to win against this current GSW. Some might think that's absolutely ridiculous but it's true and that's bad for the other teams. Cleveland has to add Paul George and then go ask a guy like Rudy Gay to come off the bench. Outrageous but true.

Reaction Score
I think its fairly obvious the top 3 teams going into next year are GS, Cleveland and SA.

You can just stop after the first 2. Even if CP3 goes to the Spurs that's not tipping the scales in the west.

Reaction Score
Call me in a few years when this GS team breaks up. No point in watching now.

Reaction Score
Terrible for the sport. Cleveland has to add a player like Paul George in order to win against this current GSW. Some might think that's absolutely ridiculous but it's true and that's bad for the other teams. Cleveland has to add Paul George and then go ask a guy like Rudy Gay to come off the bench. Outrageous but true.

Hopefully Rudy plays for a winning team preferably SA or Cleveland, maybe he could join his hometown Wizards.

Reaction Score
You can just stop after the first 2. Even if CP3 goes to the Spurs that's not tipping the scales in the west.

I didnt say it would GS and Cleveland are 1-2, and SA is a distant 3rd but clearly 3rd. SA will have to get younger and hope GS suffers injuries thats their only hope.

Reaction Score
People are going to forget about this wimpy KD joining the super team talk when he retires with 5-6 rings and 3-4 Finals MVPs, pushing himself into top 5 talk.

Its weird because besides the first stint in Cleveland - he has been surrounded by some really good players
He is a great player but not one of my favorites - he rubs me the wrong way

Yea, especially those teams when his main running mate was Mo Williams and Boobie Gibson was getting crunch time minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom