NBA Finals Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBA Finals Thread

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
KD looking like the only stud without a ring right now. Hungry.

Reaction Score
Just hard to stop the Warriors on offense...and then you add how good their defense is.

It's only Game One, but, I mean, wow.

Reaction Score
For GS, Only so many guys can score tho.

This game right here showing what an absolute beast golden state is.

Klay's taken 14 shots already though. Draymond doesn't need to shoot much but he's hardly even had the ball in his hands in the halfcourt which is more what I meant. Klay is playing badly offensively and Dray isn't even really being utilized and they're still destroying.

Reaction Score
I was fearful this would be how this match up plays out. Hope we get at least one competitive game.

Reaction Score
Klay's taken 14 shots already though. Draymond doesn't need to shoot much but he's hardly even had the ball in his hands in the halfcourt which is more what I meant. Klay is playing badly offensively and Dray isn't even really being utilized and they're still destroying.
You have to imagine such a good shooter like Klay is going to get the buckets to drop. He's had good lucks and they've just rimmed out.

And if and when they do--and they will for at least one game this series--that's a game the Cavs won't win.

Reaction Score
Can't believe anyone picks the Cavs. Warriors won 70 games last year and added Kevin Durant. I think 2nd best player in league* = Warriors in 5 or 6 only cuz LeBron is best player in league or any game by enough to get 1 or 2 upset wins.

*check Durant's stats in prev finals appearance, Durant for MVP is a as good or better as a bet for Warriors to win

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Truth

Reaction Score
Wow another blowout. I'm sooo excited. I love watching Lebron get blown out as much as the next guy.....butttt if this entire series is 20 point games like pretty much all of both conference finals then the NBA will just become a laughing stock. People already rip on the league for various reasons.

But come on. This is just dumb. These playoffs have been horrendous. Klay can't make a shot. Golden st has missed about 10 gimmes. And it's almost 25 points.

I thought the cba was supposed to make the league more competitive. Gonna be these two teams for like 8 years in a row. And with Lebron getting older they won't stand a chance (still might not).

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Can't believe anyone picks the Cavs. Warriors won 70 games last year and added Kevin Durant. I think 2nd best player in league = Warriors in 5 or 6 only cuz LeBron is best player in league or any game by enough to get 1 or 2 upset wins.

Can't believe I thought it would go six.

I mean, I know the Cavs will respond, but still...

Reaction Score
Remember when people said cavs were a super team? That was cute.

This team isn't much without LeBron. Kevin love is too flawed and one dimensional lately. Kyrie is good but not a transformational player.

4 all stars.

Two top 5 players (maybe ten)

2 top defenders.

Ya the warriors are a super team.

Reaction Score
Not looking good but I guess its psychologically easier to bounce back from a blowout then it is from a game where you blew the lead, not saying Cleveland will win the series but remember game 1 of the 84 Finals.

Reaction Score
Not looking good but I guess its psychologically easier to bounce back from a blowout then it is from a game where you blew the lead, not saying Cleveland will win the series but remember game 1 of the 84 Finals.
Can't count the Cavs out. They got beat by 15 in Game 1 last year (though this game wasn't really ever that close). Also, the Warriors need to find the MonStars and get them to give Klay Thompson his shot back.

That said, I still expect the LeBrons to win a game or two.

Reaction Score
Remember when people said cavs were a super team? That was cute.

This team isn't much without LeBron. Kevin love is too flawed and one dimensional lately. Kyrie is good but not a transformational player.

4 all stars.

Two top 5 players (maybe ten)

2 top defenders.

Ya the warriors are a super team.
Disagree on Kyrie, he's a top 5 offensive player & top 15 at least when he tries on D. Love similar top 10 on O and TT + JR are among best in league at their roles. But agree and reiterate Warriors have 2/3 best offensive players in Durant & Curry, add top all around Draymond & Clay + iggy, Livingston and Warriors > Cavs, Spurs etc by a lot.

Cavs are a super team vs east because of LeBron, Warriors are a superhero team head & shoulders above the one other super team.

Reaction Score
Im not so sure I wouldn't put Dahntay Jones in there to clothesline someone, might be dirty but you gotta try something a Mchale like clothesline like he did on Rambis.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
How long is GSW going to have their three - four best players? The cap has to factor in soon I hope?

Reaction Score
How long is GSW going to have their three - four best players? The cap has to factor in soon I hope?
Word is that Durant's gonna take less money for Steph to get the supermax and allow bird rights for the others.

Likely they keep Steph-Durant-Dray-Klay for at least two more years, if not more.

They have great role players, and that matters. But if those 4 are playing well, they'll get veteran's minimum guys who can play (see David West).

Horatio

Reaction Score
Word is that Durant's gonna take less money for Steph to get the supermax and allow bird rights for the others.

Likely they keep Steph-Durant-Dray-Klay for at least two more years, if not more.

They have great role players, and that matters. But if those 4 are playing well, they'll get veteran's minimum guys who can play (see David West).
SMH

Reaction Score
I don't see how the Warriors lose a game if they play defense the way they did tonight and at least 1 of Durant/Steph play well.

Reaction Score
Steph wins the championship and decides he wants to bring a championship to his beloved hometown Charlotte Hornets this offseason. Or KD decides this was too easy and attempts to bring a 'ship back to OKC with Russ.

If they stay healthy, this is kinda unfair. I still think the Cavs make this a competitive series but GSW has too much talent. They will have a very difficult time resigning AI and Livingston, who are terrific role players who perfectly fit their system. The problem is that ring chasing vets will be lining up to join up with the Dubs. And the whole, having 3 of the best shooters ever, the 2nd best SF of all time, the best shooter of all time, the 2nd best jack of all trades player in the league, and of course, Javale thing.

Reaction Score
Steph wins the championship and decides he wants to bring a championship to his beloved hometown Charlotte Hornets this offseason. Or KD decides this was too easy and attempts to bring a 'ship back to OKC with Russ.
GS looked unbeatable tonight. I disagree that it was a blow out all the way - the Cavs were close enough at the half, thanks to LBJ, but too many mistakes and missed too many open shots to keep it close.

Curry isn't winning any championships if he leaves GS, unless he goes to the Spurs.
KD isn't going anywhere either. He showed his true colors when he came to the Ws. Once you show the yellow, no sense trying to cover it back up.

Cleveland was outclassed from top to bottom tonight, with the exception of James.

Most entertaining part of the game was the close up of the ridiculous carrying that goes on. Silly, really, that it's gotten to that point. Carry the ball like a serving platter, 4 steps to the rim . . . yikes.

If the next three are blowouts, this will end up being the worst playoffs I can remember.

I don't see the Cavs lasting much longer, in any event. Maybe a year or two, but that's it. James carried them for half tonight, but hard to see him doing it in a couple of years.

Reaction Score

If they stay healthy, this is kinda unfair. I still think the Cavs make this a competitive series but GSW has too much talent. They will have a very difficult time resigning AI and Livingston, who are terrific role players who perfectly fit their system. The problem is that ring chasing vets will be lining up to join up with the Dubs. And the whole, having 3 of the best shooters ever, the 2nd best SF of all time, the best shooter of all time, the 2nd best jack of all trades player in the league, and of course, Javale thing.

Right and teams who can compete on the 2nd tier level might just feel they are better off just tanking instead, making the league even less competitive.

Horatio

Reaction Score

It's beyond unfair.

Reaction Score
And the whole, having 3 of the best shooters ever, the 2nd best SF of all time, the best shooter of all time, the 2nd best jack of all trades player in the league, and of course, Javale thing.
I'm not sure if Iguodala is in that mix, but that guy is one of those guys who brings his best game when it matters. Huge at this time of year to have a guy like him coming off the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom