NBA Finals Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NBA Finals Thread

Reaction Score
The only way Cleveland can win is if the Warriors screw around and give them a chance. Golden State is doing just that by going for highlight plays instead of just executing.

Reaction Score
Yep. Lebron looks really focused. Shumpert on Durant makes sense. How can you ask Lebron to guard Durant all game? Did not work at all last game.
Shumpert's gotta do something on offense.

Curry was 1-6 from 3 and a TO machine, Durant was good-not-great, Dray was in foul trouble, and LeBron is on pace for a 36-20-10 game. If GS starts taking care of the ball, the Cavs offense slows down at all, or LeBron gets tired, I think GS still wins by 10+.

Reaction Score

Curry was 1-6 from 3 and a TO machine, Durant was good-not-great, Dray was in foul trouble, and LeBron is on pace for a 36-20-10 game. If GS starts taking care of the ball, the Cavs offense slows down at all, or LeBron gets tired, I think GS still wins by 10+.
What Shump needs to do on offense is learn his role. Way too many isolations. Give the ball to Lebron. If you're open on the perimeter he'll find you. Or slash to the rim. Other then that... give the ball up.

Reaction Score

I agree. Always a dangerous bet to put your money against bron though. Dude is looking fierce tonight

Reaction Score
GS win this series 4-0
LeBron's brilliance will pick off a game or two, but it's impossible to keep up the intensity on defense you need--and the offense given Draymond-Klay and then Durant-Iggy--to keep up with them. I mean, blink of an eye and they're down 10. And they're playing well! Is Kevin Love ever going to have a Finals game like this again?

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
GS has so much talent. They're almost the western all-star team.

Reaction Score
LBJ looking like the queen on the chessboard right now. Unbelievable stuff

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score

GSW is unfairly too deep. If the NBA is gonna have 30 teams they can't allow one team to have 3 (prime) HOF'ers, 5 all league guys, 7 starters and a good bench. It's impossible.

Reaction Score
This is amazingly high level basketball.

I just can't see any other teams competing with these two in the post season in the near future if rosters don't change much. Kind of sucks.

Edit: changed my mind. That turnover wasn't on LeBron. No one came to the ball. You teach 8 year olds that!

Reaction Score
This is amazingly high level basketball.

I just can't see any other teams competing with these two in the post season in the near future if rosters don't change much. Kind of sucks.

Edit: changed my mind. That turnover wasn't on LeBron. No one came to the ball. You teach 8 year olds that!
A healthy Leonard plus, say, Chris Paul, would give the Warriors some trouble.

Reaction Score
LBJ looking like the queen on the chessboard right now. Unbelievable stuff
Can they get him enough rest so he can play at a high level enough to win? I mean, they need him to be at his best for about 40 minutes. Can they survive his rests?

The answer so far is no.

Reaction Score
Can we all agree that Curry was bad last year because of the injury?

The person who said Irving was better than both Durant and Curry is looking sillier and sillier.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

The person who said Irving was better than both Durant and Curry is looking sillier and sillier.
Curry wasn't injured in the finals last year, he was just too cocky for his own good. That behind the back pass to Klay late in game 7 of the finals down points was incredibly stupid.

Reaction Score
A healthy Leonard plus, say, Chris Paul, would give the Warriors some trouble.

I think the spurs go to 7 with the warriors if zaza didn't play dirty.

As crazy as it sounds, I think Leonard is STILL underrated. He's draymond level defense with more scoring, insane efficiency and not being a jabroni. He might be the only player in the league who can stop ANYONE.

With Paul, you may be right. Cp3 is gonna start fading soon though. His bbiq with Pop coaching could be glorious.

Reaction Score
Curry wasn't injured in the finals last year, he was just too cocky for his own good. That behind the back pass to Klay late in game 7 of the finals down points was incredibly stupid.
He was absolutely too cocky for his own good.

He always was very obviously injured.

Reaction Score
I think the spurs go to 7 with the warriors if zaza didn't play dirty.

As crazy as it sounds, I think Leonard is STILL underrated. He's draymond level defense with more scoring, insane efficiency and not being a jabroni. He might be the only player in the league who can stop ANYONE.

With Paul, you may be right. Cp3 is gonna start fading soon though. His bbiq with Pop coaching could be glorious.
Agree on your second and third points. I think it's possible it goes 7. I mean, without the injury the Warriors lose Game 1. Do they beat the Spurs twice in San Antonio?

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score

Kyrie legitimately destroyed Curry last year. The difference is they added Durrant and some other good players. They added KD.

Reaction Score
KD is a total joke

I have zero respect for him and if he gets a ring, which seems likely

I'll boo him at any arena anytime, he's what's wrong with sports

Reaction Score
Kyrie legitimately destroyed Curry last year. The difference is they added Durrant and some other good players. They added KD.
Well, also Curry is healthy.

Durant changes things, obviously, in a way that's hard to account for. It shifted Curry from option A to option B. But that's where Irving lives.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom