NBA Draft tonight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NBA Draft tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Funny thing about Squid is that all of his players would have been drafted without 1 second of coaching from him.

Reaction Score
Atta girl heather!!
I'm catching up on DVR and just saw this interview. I'm not sure anyone could come across any less authentic. He's so full of it it's amazing. Wish she held strong and didn't say she believed him.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Funny thing about Squid is that all of his players would have been drafted without 1 second of coaching from him.
i've said that for years and i get so much for it... not so much just drafted but lottery picks... no one has developed

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
knicks need a pg and a c, who knows what phils going to do now

Reaction Score
Celtics are just depressing

Gimme Harrell I guess

Reaction Score
At least they rebound. You saw how WCS averaged like 6 over 40 minutes

But hey they'll need his PNR defense in the West.

I'm not a WCS fan, but he averaged 10.2/40 in college. No idea where you're getting 6 from.

Reaction Score
That's why Harrell should have declared after last year when he was a near lock for lottery. The Harrison twins were in better position after their freshmen year as well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Christ, Cal.

The guy is just the worst.
He is just so full of . After the Camby situation erupted, I watched a Squid press conference where he was asked "Didn't you notice Camby wearing all that gold?" And Squid said something like how was he to know it was real and "I thought it was...whaddya call it...zirconia!" And no one calls him on it.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Draft over. Surprised Frazier and Alexander didn't get drafted.

What a fall from grace for Alexander. From top 5 high school recruit, to disappointing year at Kansas, to undrafted one and done.

Reaction Score
DeAndre Jordan and Tyson Chandler don't have an offensive game aside from dunks, either.

I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but how do WCS's measurables compare to those guys? I think your point is valid, though, because it seems to me center is the one position you can get away with using exclusively as a rim-runner.

It's just that I've seen Stein billed as a four, and if you're a four, I think you need more to your game if for no other reason than that you're catch radius is - theoretically - less.

Reaction Score
3 things I took away from draft....
1)Knicks continue to break my heart
2)Coach Cal proves he can't coach w the talent he gets
3)Kansas amazes me how few players it sends and develop for NBA with all the high recruiting classes

Reaction Score
As a Knicks fan, I personally love the Porzingis pick. Kid can be an absolute stud. Best talent available at that point. Didn't expect Phil to do it, but was happy he did. Getting Grant for Hardaway Jr. was a nice move as well.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Am I missing something on D'Angelo Russell? Turns the ball over a lot, doesn't shoot well from the field, isn't crazy athletic...

Reaction Score
Knicks need to commit to a full rebuild if they are drafting a project at #4. Porzingis is at least 2-3 years away from putting on proper PF/C weight to defend the post. I wonder if this pick signals an upcoming trade of Melo for future draft picks. I can only hope - I've grown tired of being forced to root for this Syraloser.

I hope this is the case. He is a one dimensional role player (scoring). Granted the team sucked, but if he was a true superstar, they wouldn't have had the worst record in the pethotic east.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I hope this is the case. He is a one dimensional role player (scoring). Granted the team sucked, but if he was a true superstar, they wouldn't have had the worst record in the pethotic east.

What kind of analysis is that? The guy missed 42 games with an injury and was playing injured in most of the games that he did play. Plus he didn't play any games after the all-star break.

Reaction Score
No idea whatsoever.
I don't understand all the Kaminsky love. Don't get me wrong, I like him and hope he'll be a solid pro. But he's also the kind of over-celebrated college guy that people have hated in the past. Is he more likable because of his throwback style game or his improvement story or because he looks like a chump but plays like a champ?
I don't think he'll be an all star, but I see solid 12yr career, a winner.

Reaction Score
I don't understand all the Kaminsky love. Don't get me wrong, I like him and hope he'll be a solid pro. But he's also the kind of over-celebrated college guy that people have hated in the past. Is he more likable because of his throwback style game or his improvement story or because he looks like a chump but plays like a champ?
I don't think he'll be an all star, but I see solid 12yr career, a winner.
He's kind of the opposite of the guys who come out of Duke. Wisconsin is a good program, but is still seen as kind of an underdog. Everyone was rooting for them vs UK, and Duke, thus, they were pulling for Frank. If we had just gotten 4 years of constantly hearing about him, because he was playing for Duke, or Carolina, we'd hate him too.

Reaction Score
As a Knicks fan, I personally love the Porzingis pick. Kid can be an absolute stud. Best talent available at that point. Didn't expect Phil to do it, but was happy he did. Getting Grant for Hardaway Jr. was a nice move as well.

Not a Knicks fan, and the Porzingis pick was bad. You don't pick a project there, because you can't afford to miss. There are much safer picks there, including a guy like Mudiay who still is a super high-ceiling player. Porzingis is not an NBA-level starter right now. Maybe he is later, but maybe he isn't.

The move for Grant was good, but I don't know if he's athletic enough to be a full-time PG in the NBA. We'll see.

Reaction Score
2)Coach Cal proves he can't coach w the talent he gets
Elite Eight, Final Four, NCAA Champions, NIT, NCAA Runner-up, Final Four. Please keep stupid comments to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom