NBA Discussion 2016/2017 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NBA Discussion 2016/2017

Reaction Score
Kemba has been playing at a higher level than both of them this year. You could use any number of stats to back this up. ESPN has him 5th among PG in RPM.
I'm not saying he hasn't this year, Dame is a relatively bad defender, but he is amazing on offense, to another degree that Kemba is, and has proven to be a killer in the playoffs, John wall is having somewhat of a down year for his standards, but that Wizards team is pretty damn bad. I would take both slightly over Kemba from a non-bias point of view, but Kemba is killing it and deserves to be in the discussion 100%

Reaction Score
I wonder how many uconn fans monitor the Hornets real gm board. If you are not one of them this almost word for word what someone wrote over there last night. Amusing
i post on there occasionally . realgm has great basketball discussion, its not riddled with teenagers like r/nba.
Kemba has been playing at a higher level than both of them this year. You could use any number of stats to back this up. ESPN has him 5th among PG in RPM.

also facts, anybody who pays attention to the numbers sees that. lillard has been an abhorrent defender for some time. same with irving. wall just hunts assists, i'm not in awe of that. he pretty much destroyed their chemistry when he started beefing with beal (garrett temple had a funny quote recently on that), imagine walker beefing with a teammate over their contract.

Reaction Score
How about Shabazz? He has done nothing. Really surprised Portland game him the option year. He's been an incredible disaster. He can't remotely play at this level.

I'm not saying he hasn't this year, Dame is a relatively bad defender, but he is amazing on offense, to another degree that Kemba is, and has proven to be a killer in the playoffs, John wall is having somewhat of a down year for his standards, but that Wizards team is pretty damn bad. I would take both slightly over Kemba from a non-bias point of view, but Kemba is killing it and deserves to be in the discussion 100%

Reaction Score
you must play fantasy basketball, dames defense isn't just relatively bad he is astronomically bad. look at this and then look at this . not even gonna get into the on/offs

Reaction Score
you must play fantasy basketball, dames defense isn't just relatively bad he is astronomically bad. look at this and then look at this . not even gonna get into the on/offs
Okay he is a bad defender, but from the stats someone showed earlier Kemba isn't a great defender either, he is obviously a lot better on defense, but I think it's pretty obvious Dame is a better offensive player. Him and Kemba are closer, but I think Wall is better than both too.

Reaction Score
Okay he is a bad defender, but from the stats someone showed earlier Kemba isn't a great defender either, he is obviously a lot better on defense, but I think it's pretty obvious Dame is a better offensive player. Him and Kemba are closer, but I think Wall is better than both too.
wall has better box score numbers at first glance, so your point is valid, i just don't think he plays winning basketball, which is completely subjective on my part. Ive never been duped by his gaudy assist numbers, he does alot of hunting and turns the ball over twice as much as walker.

moving on from alum, the jazz play that juggernaut in gsw tonight, im really disappointed in all these injuries from george hill, kid was playing like a top 5 pg early on. they are still well coached excited as hell for the game tonight. rod hood is one of my fav young players in the L as is gobert.

Reaction Score
wall has better box score numbers at first glance, so your point is valid, i just don't think he plays winning basketball, which is completely subjective on my part. Ive never been duped by his gaudy assist numbers, he does alot of hunting and turns the ball over twice as much as walker.

moving on from alum, the jazz play that juggernaut in gsw tonight, im really disappointed in all these injuries from george hill, kid was playing like a top 5 pg early on. they are still well coached excited as hell for the game tonight. rod hood is one of my fav young players in the L as is gobert.
Well that is another huge plus, Kemba has an insanely low turnover rate for how often the ball is in his hands, on par with Chris Paul. But the Wizards have been pretty bad for the majority of Wall's career, and Beal is so often injured. Kemba has had some awful teams to deal with as well, but he has only become a true star the last 2 seasons when his team has been good.

Reaction Score
i post on there occasionally . realgm has great basketball discussion, its not riddled with teenagers like r/nba.

also facts, anybody who pays attention to the numbers sees that. lillard has been an abhorrent defender for some time. same with irving. wall just hunts assists, i'm not in awe of that. he pretty much destroyed their chemistry when he started beefing with beal (garrett temple had a funny quote recently on that), imagine walker beefing with a teammate over their contract.

I can't believe how bad r/nba had become. I also was surprised on your statement about CP3 earlier. Do you think he is outside of the top 2 PGs ?

Hayward isn't playing tonight which is a bummer. I was looking foward to that match.

Reaction Score
I can't believe how bad r/nba had become. I also was surprised on your statement about CP3 earlier. Do you think he is outside of the top 2 PGs ?

Hayward isn't playing tonight which is a bummer. I was looking foward to that match.
Wow that stinks, no wonder they are like -11 on the road ON A B2B from la.

Cp3 was tearing it up early in the season , but I really think clippers need to trade him or Blake. You're not getting anywhere with mbah moute (sp) rivers Wesley Johnson and speights getting minutes in a playoff game. Gm doc rivers is not the guy to make such a splash tho, nepotism is running wild over there. Austin rivers should be in Europe lol. What's killed them the most was the draft selections; bullock over Gobert specifically . And Brice Johnson who isn't even playing .

Reaction Score

Seems to be reddit on a whole imo. Maybe I have just gotten older. The format does not foster intelligent discussion and it has become way too big for its own good.

Reaction Score
Wow that stinks, no wonder they are like -11 on the road ON A B2B from la.

Cp3 was tearing it up early in the season , but I really think clippers need to trade him or Blake. You're not getting anywhere with mbah moute (sp) rivers Wesley Johnson and speights getting minutes in a playoff game. Gm doc rivers is not the guy to make such a splash tho, nepotism is running wild over there. Austin rivers should be in Europe lol. What's killed them the most was the draft selections; bullock over Gobert specifically . And Brice Johnson who isn't even playing .

The Clippers are in a tight spot. I'd like them to trade Blake but that probably makes it less likely that CP resigns. As I'm sure you know, they are both FAs. With the Warriors, they don't have a realistic chance to advance past the WCF but is it bad to peak as the 3rd best team in the league?

I really like a Blake Melo trade. Makes both teams better. Blake's playmaking would be much more important without CP and the Knicks already have shooting at the 5. The Clippers are probably going to be blown up anyways, an aging Melo will still sell tickets in the next few years and he is infinitely better shooting than Blake. It would make playing a guy like Mbah A Moute way more palatable. You need a lock down wing, which he is, but you can't have 3 of your 5 starters be bricklayers.

Reaction Score
Seems to be reddit on a whole imo. Maybe I have just gotten older. The format does not foster intelligent discussion and it has become way too big for its own good.

Kids and their memes. You literally see the same stupid meme top voted in every game thread.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Wall is not better than Kemba, that ugly shot isnt what an NBA PG needs.

Reaction Score
spurs have this guy bertans from the kawhi - george hill trade who is an insane shooter and has hops. wish he played more, him simmons and mills should all play more.

Reaction Score
Kids and their memes. You literally see the same stupid meme top voted in every game thread.
don't head to r/collegebasketball , every other thread is some first hand account of seeing a player on campus partying and chugging vodka. really appreciate the depth of our college hoops discussion on here when i go on that subreddit

Reaction Score
The Clippers are in a tight spot. I'd like them to trade Blake but that probably makes it less likely that CP resigns. As I'm sure you know, they are both FAs. With the Warriors, they don't have a realistic chance to advance past the WCF but is it bad to peak as the 3rd best team in the league?

I really like a Blake Melo trade. Makes both teams better. Blake's playmaking would be much more important without CP and the Knicks already have shooting at the 5. The Clippers are probably going to be blown up anyways, an aging Melo will still sell tickets in the next few years and he is infinitely better shooting than Blake. It would make playing a guy like Mbah A Moute way more palatable. You need a lock down wing, which he is, but you can't have 3 of your 5 starters be bricklayers.
You must be a Knicks fan.

Reaction Score
Wall is not better than Kemba, that ugly shot isnt what an NBA PG needs.
I love Kemba but at some point you have to take the UCONN blinders off man. John Wall is a better player than Kemba. Kemba is a great player, but averages half the assists that Wall does. And don't argue like someone else he is "assist hunting", a point guard has to get assists. Kemba is a score first Point Guard and Wall is probably pass first, but is a very good scorer as well.

Reaction Score
I love Kemba but at some point you have to take the UCONN blinders off man. John Wall is a better player than Kemba. Kemba is a great player, but averages half the assists that Wall does. And don't argue like someone else he is "assist hunting", a point guard has to get assists. Kemba is a score first Point Guard and Wall is probably pass first, but is a very good scorer as well.
Right now, I also think Kemba is better.

Reaction Score
You must be a Knicks fan.

Ha. I did grow up a big fan during the Ewing, Oak years until the Houston Spree years. Now, I don't have a team. I like the Clippers more than the Knicks because I'm big Crawford fan. I just would love to see that Clippers offense substituting Melo for Blake. Its a stretch, of course, but the Clippers need to take some risks. I doubt CP3 is resigning. Him and Blake have had a strained relationship in the past and its not an ideal pairing.

Reaction Score

Why don't you go tweet out to some NBA analysts about who is having a better year. When Nate Duncan replies "Kemba," make sure to tell him to take off his UCONN blinders.

Reaction Score
Why don't you go tweet out to some NBA analysts about who is having a better year. When Nate Duncan replies "Kemba," make sure to tell him to take off his UCONN blinders.
If your talking about advanced statistics, it helps being on a team that is actually good and 13-9 rather than a bad team that is 8-13. Maybe Kemba is having a better year thus far, that's not my opinion but it's reasonable to have that opinion. But when push comes to shove, I think John Wall is an outright better player.

Reaction Score

John Wall also has 2x as many turnovers. It is silly to point to one stat and say that it determines who the better player is. I assume that you single out assists as we are talking about PGs and it is their responsibility to run the offense. What player facilitates a better offense? Kemba is a threat to shoot, he wasn't always this way and it has really opened up the floor for Charlotte. Teams can no longer go under the screen. Kemba creates space for his team and knows what to do with it.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I just can't agree that Wall is better.

Statistically Kemba is better in my opinion, aside from the assists. What do all those assist get you when your team is losing almost every game. Kemba is getting his team more W's with a weaker starting roster in my opinion.

Reaction Score
If your talking about advanced statistics, it helps being on a team that is actually good and 13-9 rather than a bad team that is 8-13. Maybe Kemba is having a better year thus far, that's not my opinion but it's reasonable to have that opinion. But when push comes to shove, I think John Wall is an outright better player.

I don't think team record goes into advanced stats s/. I'd keep Wall above Kemba slightly because of track record, but Kemba is better this year, and has been making consistent improvements every year. I won't be surprised if the consensus has him eclipse Wall in the next few years. I think you are getting push back because you are dismissive of the idea that Kemba may be better when stats and the eye test say differently (so far).

Reaction Score
i had to hit nate with an unfollow recently, his bias has just overun his analysis (green kick) , doesn't help his partner danny started as a gsw beatwriter and still is one with a new site. Hard to follow league trends when you watch only gsw games even blow outs, i'm desperately looking for new pods to listen to at work with actual knowledge of other squads (locked on nba is pretty cool, specifically the pod with a league scout). there really was nothing like when cleveland came back and won , that dunc'd on podcast was hilarious lol. solemn as hell.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom