NBA Discussion 2016/2017 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

NBA Discussion 2016/2017

Reaction Score
Hey genius, but you're saying he's better than Lowry, Kyrie and IT?

Only a UConn homer would say that

Yo bozo, I'm not one of the posters who argued Kemba is better than Wall. All I've ever said on the issue is that

1) they're at a similar level as players, and
2) it's tough to compare them because their strengths and weaknesses are basically polar opposites.

Wall's had the better career thus far, but Kemba's gotten better almost every year and has been better in 2016. I'm not ready to say he's better than Wall, though.

Reaction Score

Every single poster on the board thinks you are an idiot. You think every poster besides yourself is an idiot. Maybe it's time to look in the mirror.

What are your thoughts on Draymond Green?

Reaction Score

Little better than IT, On the level with Kyrie and Lowry is the best out of all 4.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Seriously, you guys need to just stop engaging the troll. He lost credibility the moment he decided to make his first post in this thread.

Reaction Score
Versatile, but hugely overrated and a total ah*le

Money wise, who knows, the money is so nuts right

Yes, I would agree I think you're an idiot

Every single poster on the board thinks you are an idiot. You think every poster besides yourself is an idiot. Maybe it's time to look in the mirror.

What are your thoughts on Draymond Green?

Reaction Score

When did I say anything about IT or Lowry? I would take both over Kemba ... although it's worth noting Kemba is much better at 26 than Lowry was at the same age.

I think a lot people underrate IT similarly to Kemba. Because he's not a pure point, people focus on what he can't do while undervaluing his strengths.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When did I say anything about IT or Lowry? I would take both over Kemba ... although it's worth noting Kemba is much better at 26 than Lowry was at the same age.

I think a lot people underrate IT similarly to Kemba. Because he's not a pure point, people focus on what he can't do while undervaluing his strengths.
he's just a troll ignore him. I was confused by that too. Honestly Wall, Lowry, and Walker are all top tier all nba level guards ...Lowry is clearly above those two though with his recent tear. IT and irving are redcarpets on defense, similar to lillard.

Reaction Score
instead of the 'pg ranking' talk, something thats interesting to me is where nerlens noel is going to end up? I'm actually getting this weird feeling lamb could potentially get traded for him, CHA really needs a better rim protector and they can use treveon graham to replace JLambs 10-12 mpg. Overall I think noel is really good and getting a raw deal by the new management in philly; if hinkie was still there he would have already moved okafor/noel once embiid had proved himself. Plenty of teams can use either of em.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
he's just a troll ignore him. I was confused by that too. Honestly Wall, Lowry, and Walker are all top tier all nba level guards ...Lowry is clearly above those two though with his recent tear. IT and irving are redcarpets on defense, similar to lillard.
"James I hate to break your bubble but as much as you try and make it seem you are an expert of basketball you really don't know what you are talking about.

KO from day 1 said he wanted to play a system of position-less bball w/ 4 guys who can rebound it and push the ball up. He's been trying to implement a fast break oriented team but we lost Alterique and TL. KOs offensive philosophy is far from antiquated.

He has to play a system that fits the players that we have. Our guards have woeful shooting percentages from the perimeter. Why would you want to have a system that has them chuck more 3s.

One of the biggest reasons our offense has struggled is because we fail to get to the line. Shooting 3s doesnt help in that category. He has us going in the right direction.

KO knows what he is doing. He has a Phd in basketball, you clearly don't."

:D

Reaction Score
instead of the 'pg ranking' talk, something thats interesting to me is where nerlens noel is going to end up? I'm actually getting this weird feeling lamb could potentially get traded for him, CHA really needs a better rim protector and they can use treveon graham to replace JLambs 10-12 mpg. Overall I think noel is really good and getting a raw deal by the new management in philly; if hinkie was still there he would have already moved okafor/noel once embiid had proved himself. Plenty of teams can use either of em.

Plenty of teams can use Okafor? I think if that were the case he'd already be gone.

Reaction Score
@James I know you aren't a big fan but I was listening to Dunc'd on today and they had a show about their All-NBA teams so far. This was from Dec 6 I think so it was before Lowry caught fire. Nonetheless, it was funny hearing these "Uconn homers" make their case for Kemba as 3rd team, ahead of Kyrie, Wall, Lowry on one ballot and Lillard on another.

Reaction Score

This potential trade was brought up on the Dunc'd on podcast about a week ago. Dan Lereaux proposed it and Duncan seemed to think that Philly would need more than Lamb (and a pick I think?) back. I personally like the trade for Philly.

Reaction Score
This potential trade was brought up on the Dunc'd on podcast about a week ago. Dan Lereaux proposed it and Duncan seemed to think that Philly would need more than Lamb (and a pick I think?) back. I personally like the trade for Philly.
yup, i still listen to that pod. Thats where i got the idea. It wouldn't be bad for lamb, he could actually get minutes and grow alongside simmons + embiid.

@walker11 Not only that, plenty of reputable media guys have already said they would have him in as a first time all star. alot of fans, even uconn ones, aren't really paying attention to the nba october-january.

Reaction Score
I've been having a discussion with some folks an other boards and I am curious as to the thoughts of some of y'all. Which young team do you think is best positioned for the future out of Minny, Philly, Milwauke, LAL (or any others, if you think they warrant discussion).

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I've been having a discussion with some folks an other boards and I am curious as to the thoughts of some of y'all. Which young team do you think is best positioned for the future out of Minny, Philly, Milwauke, LAL (or any others, if you think they warrant discussion).
Minny, LAL (put them over Philly purely over better front office), Philly, Milwuakee in that order.

I just don't see how anyone has a brighter future than the Wolves. They hit back to back home runs in the draft and LaVine is looking like another unexpected home run too. He is improving so much faster than I had expected. Throw in Thibs and you can see why their fans are excited.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Minny, LAL (put them over Philly purely over better front office), Philly, Milwuakee in that order.

I just don't see how anyone has a brighter future than the Wolves. They hit back to back home runs in the draft and LaVine is looking like another unexpected home run too. He is improving so much faster than I had expected. Throw in Thibs and you can see why their fans are excited.

I am not sure that Wiggins is going to be a home run and Dunn looks like he could be a straight up whiff. Surprised you have Milwaukee so low. Giannis may end up being the best player out of all of these prospects, he just turned 22 and is already around a top 15 player in the league without a jump shot.

I'd say Lakers are last, though I admittedly haven't watched them at all and don't really pay attention to them. Just not sure they have any potential superstars. Ingram could be one or come close.

Reaction Score
Mil, giannis sports a top 5 PER, guy is a beast. was watching him vs cavs until i heard kemba was going bananas vs LA. But yeah i really like the bucks young core, giannis can be the best player in the east pretty soon and he isn't 23.

Reaction Score
Mil, giannis sports a top 5 PER, guy is a beast. was watching him vs cavs until i heard kemba was going bananas vs LA. But yeah i really like the bucks young core, giannis can be the best player in the east pretty soon and he isn't 23.

Yea, he just turned 22 this month. Parker is only 21 and looks like a stud as well. Way more athletic than I thought. This may be the best young 1-2 punch. Middleton is a perfect complement, and he is only 25. I hope he comes back healthy and better than ever. They need an upgrade at PG and C but plenty of time for that. Imagine if Thon reaches his potential.

I am not as high on Wiggins as some, he does have an enormous ceiling though so I wouldn't be shocked if he is a top 10 two way player one day. I really like Lavine too. Towns will assuredly be a top 10 player in the future.

I think LAL is #4 for me especially if they don't get a pick in this upcoming draft. Ingram can go either way. D Lo is really good. Randle is much improved. I just don't think they have anyone with top 10 potential.

76ers are the big wild card with Embiid being a monster already. Imagine if they end up with two top 5 picks in this absolutely loaded draft? They could legit land 2 of Ball, Fultz, Monk, Foxx, etc. I would love to see something like a Ball, Monk, Saric/RoCo, Simmons, Embiid lineup. And they will get that unprotected Sac pick in 19 to go with a likely lotto again in 18. They don't even need to get good value for Noel and Okafor, but if they do, yikes. Highest ceiling IMO but most unpredictable.

Reaction Score
napier low key getting burn tonight, and has played well. really directed lillard and cj where to go and defended very well on help. still a smart player i will always root for.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Napier played well but still barely getting minutes. Also CJ McCollum quietly putting up close to 50-40-90 percentages on over 22ppg.

Reaction Score
Philly

They will clear up their logjam at the 4-5, get a healthy Simmons back next year and likely have 2 top 10s in 2017 draft

Who knows what they will go for, maybe a PG like Smith, Fultz, Fox, Ball or wing like Jackson, Taytum or even shooter like Monk

Another team I'd add to the discussion is PHX, very good group of core young players

Bledsoe
Booker
Warren
Len
Chriss
Bender
Ulis

But they play in a brutal division

Reaction Score
I have Milwaukee ahead right now because I like Giannis and Parker as a better 1/2 punch than the rest, but depending on how things go in this year's draft it could be Philly or Minny ahead of them. Here's a good read on how Cleveland/Bron perceives Milwuakee as an up and coming team for the very near future.

Cavaliers size up the Bucks as a potential playoff foe

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Philly

They will clear up their logjam at the 4-5, get a healthy Simmons back next year and likely have 2 top 10s in 2017 draft

Who knows what they will go for, maybe a PG like Smith, Fultz, Fox, Ball or wing like Jackson, Taytum or even shooter like Monk

Another team I'd add to the discussion is PHX, very good group of core young players

Bledsoe
Booker
Warren
Len
Chriss
Bender
Ulis

But they play in a brutal division
In my opinion the Phoenix front office is a mess and has been for a while. They have some young talented guys but I don't know what they are building for, they are still a revolving door of talent.

Also I may have been a bit ambitious putting the Lakers at #2 for most promising rebuild but you really can't ever count them out of Free Agency. That is the city and franchise guys want to play for, especially post-Kobe. They can sign multiple all stars in the course of a single offseason to complement their young core without much trouble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom