NBA Discussion 2016/2017 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

NBA Discussion 2016/2017

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Westbrooks good still not the MVP. Harden the runaway there IMO. I would actually place lbj or Durant second
He's averaging a triple double so far, he's definitely the MVP right now.

Reaction Score
He's averaging a triple double so far, he's definitely the MVP right now.
Take a look at hardens numbers and , this is key, his efficiency with those numbers. I'm not duped by rwb rbd/assist hunting

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Harden is ahead of Westbrook for the MVP race in my eyes. They've won 10 in a row now and his numbers are just as good.

Reaction Score
Take a look at hardens numbers and , this is key, his efficiency with those numbers. I'm not duped by rwb rbd/assist hunting
I agree, but if he averages a triple double, he'll win the same way Miggy Cabrera won the MVP in a year he didn't totally deserve it because he won the Triple Crown.

Reaction Score
Kawhi should be in the discussion, though I saw an article the other day on CBS that says Kawhi has been so good defensively he has actually hurt the Spurs. They're defensive rating is way better with him off the floor.

Reaction Score
Kawhi should be in the discussion, though I saw an article the other day on CBS that says Kawhi has been so good defensively he has actually hurt the Spurs. They're defensive rating is way better with him off the floor.

Yea, interesting article. The idea is that he is so good that he will matchup versus the other teams best wing, who will then plant himself far away from the hoop, effectively making the game 4v4. Kawhi has also become one of the best iso players in the league, which is mind blowing considering where his game was 3-4 years ago.

I don't mind Westbrook getting the award. Presti has done an unbelievably bad job assembling a roster around RW and they are 16-11.

Reaction Score
How does that work?

Reaction Score
@tzznandrew very very true . I mean westbrooks numbers at first glance are the same or better than hardens but when you include team success and just general eye test (plus some more in depth stuff like playtype efficiency) I give the beard an edge.

Reaction Score
C'mon, guys ahead or in the convo

Kyrie
Wall
Lowry
IT
Dragic
Maybe even Teague

He's top 5 maybe, he's having a good shooting year so far

He signed a bad deal given the current $$ in the league

In like a 50 pt blowout, the garbage time king!

Walker put up 18 and 10 in a win vs ATL, still the second best pg in the east. Best 3pt pull up shooter in the L via stats.nba.com ( edit: lowry has been scorching, he is in the lead, kemba 2nd)

Reaction Score
C'mon, guys ahead or in the convo

Kyrie
Wall
Lowry
IT
Dragic
Maybe even Teague

He's top 5 maybe, he's having a good shooting year so far

He signed a bad deal given the current $$ in the league
Alright, I think Wall is better than Kemba and Lowry probably a bit better as well, with IT and Kyrie on the level or a bit worse, but Dragic is NOWHERE near the player Kemba is.

Reaction Score
I would take Dragic in a heartbeat over Kemba, you have to be kidding. Get off the bias homer pills.

Alright, I think Wall is better than Kemba and Lowry probably a bit better as well, with IT and Kyrie on the level or a bit worse, but Dragic is NOWHERE near the player Kemba is.

Reaction Score
I would take Dragic in a heartbeat over Kemba, you have to be kidding. Get off the bias homer pills.
Hm, it's weird cuz im like the one person in this thread who said John Wall was better than Kemba, but I'm a homer. Pretty odd how ya figured that one bud. Also kinda peculiar that Kemba has better numbers than Dragic and the Heat are 9-18 but you would take him "in a heartbeat" over Kemba. Hey man, to each his own though and stuff like that.

Reaction Score
You have to be kidding. I hate players who can't shoot unless they're Drummond, Jordan, Gortat, etc.

I can't believe people are so biased that they can't see straight. Kemba is awesome, but Dragic is better and much better in tough spots.

Never change JSM. Comments like this make it hard to take ANYTHING you say seriously.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You have to be kidding. I hate players who can't shoot unless they're Drummond, Jordan, Gortat, etc.

I can't believe people are so biased that they can't see straight. Kemba is awesome, but Dragic is better and much better in tough spots.

Wait, who can't shoot? Kemba?

Reaction Score

You are outing yourself as someone who does not watch an iota of NBA. I bet you have never even seen Dragic play. You could have atleast googled "Goran Dragic stats" to see that he shoots worse than Kemba.

Reaction Score
Huh? Are you basing on 1/4 of this one season?

Dragic is 47% career FG, Kemba is < 41% and that is up due to this year

Yes, watch some NBA from time to time

You are outing yourself as someone who does not watch an iota of NBA. I bet you have never even seen Dragic play. You could have atleast googled "Goran Dragic stats" to see that he shoots worse than Kemba.

Reaction Score
Huh? Are you basing on 1/4 of this one season?

Dragic is 47% career FG, Kemba is < 41% and that is up due to this year

Yes, watch some NBA from time to time

You're a dummy. Go find one NBA analyst who says that Dragic is better than Kemba and I will never post on the board again.

FWIW, Kemba wasn't a particularly good NBA player until last year, when he fixed his shot. So Dragic, before he began to decline was better than Kemba before he got good. So you have that on your side.

Reaction Score
You are outing yourself as someone who does not watch an iota of NBA. I bet you have never even seen Dragic play. .

This is probably the nicest thing that has been said about him since he created his account. Between this and the comments about the guy from North Florida outplaying our big's, I'm starting to think he's just trying to get a reaction.

Reaction Score
This is probably the nicest thing that has been said about him since he created his account. Between this and the comments about the guy from North Florida outplaying our big's, I'm starting to think he's just trying to get a reaction.

Bingo. I really don't like being mean to posters on this board. It's just a game. JSM is perfect because he allows me to lash out without remorse, since he is clearly trying to get a rise out of the board. Also because he has outed himself as a racist POS on the Cesspool.

Reaction Score
Honestly, give me a break. This is not a NBA thread at time, it becomes a UConn-homer thread.

No one who watches any NBA and doesn't have some tie to UConn would say Kemba is the 2nd best PG in the East ahead of any of Kyrie, Wall or Lowry. And many would even put him below IT and D Rose, albeit Rose has the injury concerns.

Kemba is having a great shooting year so far, hopefully he continues this way. It's somewhat splitting hairs too, there are so many elite PGs in the league. Arguably 1/2 of the top 10-15 players in the league are PGs:

1) Steph
2) Russ
3) Lillard
4) Harden
5) CP3, Kyrie, Wall

This is interesting, basically KW and Dragic close.

Kyrie, Lowry, Wall, IT all rated ahead of him.

The top 100 players for the 2016-17 NBA season

Am I missing K Love not on list, that is ridiculous Dirk is still considered top 50 and Simmons is #100 and never played a minute.

Yeah, JSM has outed himself as an idiot in basically every thread he's ever posted in. I'll give him credit for being a dummy in such a wide range of subjects, but I was hoping he wouldn't stain the NBA thread.

Reaction Score
Honestly, give me a break. This is not a NBA thread at time, it becomes a UConn-homer thread.

No one who watches any NBA and doesn't have some tie to UConn would say Kemba is the 2nd best PG in the East ahead of any of Kyrie, Wall or Lowry. And many would even put him below IT and D Rose, albeit Rose has the injury concerns.

Kemba is having a great shooting year so far, hopefully he continues this way. It's somewhat splitting hairs too, there are so many elite PGs in the league. Arguably 1/2 of the top 10-15 players in the league are PGs:

1) Steph
2) Russ
3) Lillard
4) Harden
5) CP3, Kyrie, Wall

This is interesting, basically KW and Dragic close.

Kyrie, Lowry, Wall, IT all rated ahead of him.

The top 100 players for the 2016-17 NBA season

Am I missing K Love not on list, that is ridiculous Dirk is still considered top 50 and Simmons is #100 and never played a minute.
Yo bozo, I'm not one of the posters who argued Kemba is better than Wall. All I've ever said on the issue is that

1) they're at a similar level as players, and
2) it's tough to compare them because their strengths and weaknesses are basically polar opposites.

Wall's had the better career thus far, but Kemba's gotten better almost every year and has been better in 2016. I'm not ready to say he's better than Wall, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom