Nation's #1 Recruit Christyn Williams Chooses UConn! | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Nation's #1 Recruit Christyn Williams Chooses UConn!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Generally, I'm not a fan of ambiguous movie endings but that particular one was PERFECT! Really good movie.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thank you! I’m pretty bummed, not just by today’s outcome.. but the past few to be honest. I trust in Dawn though. She’ll rebound.
IMHO Staley is one of the top coaches in women's college basketball. Yeah, she'll be fine. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Orangutan I think you are the first person to ever inception themselves in a BY thread...

Not even close to the first... Drop by the men's bb board (or god forbid the Cesspool) and you will see it ad nauseum.

Still, props to Orangutan for getting out in front on the call of Christyn to the Huskies!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I agree that Geno had a lot to work with in terms of Napheesa, but I think she has over-performed. For someone who is #6 in her high school class, I'd expect her to be a 1x or 2x All-American during her career, on a 10-player AA team. Assuming that each class is roughly comparable, I'd expect that there would be at least 5-6 seniors and 5-6 juniors who are better than a sophomore who was #6 in high school. Thus, I would have expected that Napheesa to be a top-15 to top-20 player last year. Instead, she was clearly top-2 or top-3.

I agree that players like Alana Beard, Angel McCoughtry, and Tianna Hawkins jumped way more than Napheesa did. My point is that Pheesa performed like a #1 recruit last year, not a #6 recruit.

Got it...thanks.
As many folks here (and McGraw's Bench) can tell you, I tend to regard rankings as variable measuring sticks of talents, particularly when you have organizations with often wildly diverging viewpoints of more than a few players. Still when taken collectively, they serve as barometers for most players, particularly for fans who can't go from tournament to showcase to high school games (like most of us).

In any case, though, I'm impressed with how Napheesa has played and grown as a player. Look forward to more of the same (perhaps save for one game in Hartford in early December ;) :rolleyes:)

All that said, let's get the season started!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We were in a special assembly and we told everyone "NO PHONES!" and I happened to be in the back of the group and accidentally to look just after she announced... I was so happy... Of course no one must know ;)

Reaction Score
Indulge me as I act as a proxy for Carnac: I brazenly predict that having Crystal and Christyn in the same backcourt will a lot of problems for announcers.
Unless the refer to them as Williams and Dangerfield.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Must have been pretty tough finding a Husky in Little Rock. Probably would have been a lot easier to find a gamecock.
Or even a Vol. Or a vole.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I've been on pins and needles for days. I was expecting the worst but so happy for her decision. Geno, the coaches and the great Uconn players make nonpareil recruiters. It's going to be an exceptional next four years.

You had lots of company on those pins and needles believe me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Indulge me as I act as a proxy for Carnac: I brazenly predict that having Crystal and Christyn in the same backcourt will a lot of problems for announcers.
It will cause even more problems for the opposing team. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Margot Wooten McDonalds Player of the Year her Sr. year of HS!
Morgan Wooten. ;)

I think there were several HS NPOY winners in 2016. I believe that Crystal, Jackie Young, Joyner Holmes, Lauren Cox, and Sabrina Ionescu each won an award. In terms of ranking prospects, Crystal was typically around #3, I think--HoopGurlz #3, Blue Star #3, Prospects Nation #4.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Just saw this news on the Twitter. Was Christyn #2 or 3 when she visited a few weeks ago?

Looks like Geno and co. landed a gem of a person.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm a football board guy and have to admit that I teared up when her friends came out with the UCONN sweatshirts and an actual Husky! That being said, without reading all past posts here, did anyone else notice her parents, especially Dad, not being too enthusiastic? It's obvious they raised a smart young woman who already has set life goals for herself and made the 1st decision today to help herself achieve them. Christyn is all in, I have no doubts about that. My question is, did her parents want her to go somewhere else? Are they just sad as parents to know their baby is leaving the nest? Or are they just quiet people?

If it were me, I'm pretty sure my parents would have had the microphone more than I did :)
The Dad reminded me of Moriah Jefferson’s. Quiet, dignified, and allowing his daughter to be the center of attention unlike the dope out in L.A. And Mom might be the one most affected by her little girl going halfway across the country to live her dream. For those who have been through it, their reaction may seem fairly normal.

Reaction Score
Morgan Wooten. ;)

I think there were several HS NPOY winners in 2016. I believe that Crystal, Jackie Young, Joyner Holmes, Lauren Cox, and Sabrina Ionescu each won an award. In terms of ranking prospects, Crystal was typically around #3, I think--HoopGurlz #3, Blue Star #3, Prospects Nation #4.
Thank You Milford! It didnt seem right when I wrote it ,lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom