Nation's #1 Recruit Christyn Williams Chooses UConn! | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Nation's #1 Recruit Christyn Williams Chooses UConn!

Reaction Score
I'm a football board guy and have to admit that I teared up when her friends came out with the UCONN sweatshirts and an actual Husky! That being said, without reading all past posts here, did anyone else notice her parents, especially Dad, not being too enthusiastic? It's obvious they raised a smart young woman who already has set life goals for herself and made the 1st decision today to help herself achieve them. Christyn is all in, I have no doubts about that. My question is, did her parents want her to go somewhere else? Are they just sad as parents to know their baby is leaving the nest? Or are they just quiet people?

If it were me, I'm pretty sure my parents would have had the microphone more than I did :)
Are you sure you watched the entire video? I got the exact opposite impression on the parents. Also know that CW was a UConn lean from day one and that Geno won over the parents during the home visit. Someone actually posted pictures of the home visit yesterday. One factor for the parents was probably the academic excellence of UConn vs South Carolina, as well as the family like UConn program that Chris Daily and Geno have fostered for years.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There is more detail in Adamec's article about Crystal and her assessment of CW and it seems that another #1 had a chit chat with Christyn too. Top recruit Christyn Williams picks UConn

"We talked a lot because we were in the same position and I knew what it was like," Walker said Friday after UConn wrapped up its practice at the Werth Champions Center. "It was easy for her to relate to me. There is a lot of pressure and you have to sit back and think about your future goals and what you want in life and what school is best to help you reach them."

And this from Lexi: "When I committed she said, 'Maybe we could be future Huskies one day,' " Gordon said. "I took that with me and I knew that in the back of her mind she wanted to come here. I'm glad she went through the process, took her time, and decided this is the place for her."

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Morgan Wooten. ;)

I think there were several HS NPOY winners in 2016. I believe that Crystal, Jackie Young, Joyner Holmes, Lauren Cox, and Sabrina Ionescu each won an award. In terms of ranking prospects, Crystal was typically around #3, I think--HoopGurlz #3, Blue Star #3, Prospects Nation #4.

Erin Boley was also one of those national award winners.

Reaction Score
I don’t think they would have had a problem finding a chicken in AR. The problem would be getting it to follow you out in the court.
Springdale, AR - corporate HQ of Tyson Foods
upload_2017-11-11_11-54-1.png

Reaction Score
Not just any ol' birdie flew into the husky nest,it was a golden eagle.
More like a champion purebred joined the den. (Canine reference). We ain’t no stinkin chickens lol!

Reaction Score
I wonder if Williams will wear #13 at Uconn, other players who have worn it
Brianna Banks
Jackie Fernandes
Rashidat Sadiq

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
True. They might be able to catch a game at Texas. Southern Methodist and Memphis are also possibilities. A homecoming game for Pheesa near St. Louis might be doable.

Tulsa is 4 hours
Tulane, Houston, and new conference foe Wichita st are 6-7 hours.

Reaction Score
Next year KLS will be a senior, Megan Walker a sophomore and Christyn Williams a freshman. 3 #1 picks all on the same team. Has that ever happened before? Have we had 3 at the same time?

The 2001 Team.

Shea Ralph was USA H/S POY

then you had Tamika Williams and DTaurasi.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The 2016 4A state title game. Christyn Williams and CAC lost despite Williams' 35 points and 8 rebounds:

Reaction Score
Exclusive of her basketball ability, she seems like a wonderful young women. Based on that alone, Uconn Wins Again..

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The burning question? Is Chrystin's hair UConn Bunable? Will she or won't she? Oh, the tension! :D

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The burning question? Is Chrystin's hair UConn Bunable? Will she or won't she? Oh, the tension! :D
I believe CW wears a hair band to keep her hair under control, but no bun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom