Nation's #1 Recruit Christyn Williams Chooses UConn! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Nation's #1 Recruit Christyn Williams Chooses UConn!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Having finally had the chance to hear as well as see this video, I find her announcement was not over the top at all. She thanked others, she acknowledged both fine programs, and she wasn’t excessively dramatic or otherwise ostentatious. She shared a big moment in her life with others in a respectful and grateful manner. No one could ask for more of her. She did not denigrate any other program, nor did she attempt to create a “brand.” What she did say was that she wants to be legendary, borrowing from what Geno had told her she could become. She did not disregard winning, but held that becoming a better person was a higher goal. Wow. What a great kid, and what a recruiting success.

Reaction Score
Anyone know the rules behind how Geno was able to comment on CW’s recruitment to ESPN before the public knew? Is it ok since they did not air it publicly until now? Seems like it’s skirting the rules a tad but.
Maybe she signed her LOI the first day of the signing period..which would’ve given them enough time to do this. Not sure but maybe!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congratulations to Christyn and the Huskies!

Video of Christyn's announcement
Side note - I just watched the video for the first time. I thought it was pretty cute. It was a VERY large turnout for her. Lots of friends, family, and students in the stands. She had to say "I will be attending the University of..." twice before her friends walked out with the super fluffy husky.

It was clever just like Megan's where she popped the balloons for Texas and ND leaving the UCONN balloon unpopped.

I get that some like to point to Stewie's low key approach of calling the coach, making her decision, and letting the media announce it for the most part (she signed her LOI on the hood of the car, but that's not when she announced her decision was it?).

Either way, this is their moment in the sun in high school. It's probably the single biggest decision they've had to make in their young lives. Do we bemoan the pomp and circumstance surrounding a high school graduation (procession, caps and gowns, handing out the diplomas)? No. Graduating is a BIG deal. So is deciding what college to attend, and when you are the top recruit in the nation (or even if you are just in the top 20), why not make a bit of a fuss about it?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Anyone know the rules behind how Geno was able to comment on CW’s recruitment to ESPN before the public knew? Is it ok since they did not air it publicly until now? Seems like it’s skirting the rules a tad but.
There was nothing in the "public" before ESPN aired the segment which is well within the rules.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Sorry, I miss the 'hood of the car' video . . .

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Having finally had the chance to hear as well as see this video, I find her announcement was not over the top at all. She thanked others, she acknowledged both fine programs, and she wasn’t excessively dramatic or otherwise ostentatious. She shared a big moment in her life with others in a respectful and grateful manner. No one could ask for more of her. She did not denigrate any other program, nor did she attempt to create a “brand.” What she did say was that she wants to be legendary, borrowing from what Geno had told her she could become. She did not disregard winning, but held that becoming a better person was a higher goal. Wow. What a great kid, and what a recruiting success.
Moriah Jefferson's mom near the end of her time at UCONN said something like: " I so very proud of her most of all for maintaining her integrity and growing into a better version of herself."
Very impressive streak UCONN in on by getting these kind of kids.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm a football board guy and have to admit that I teared up when her friends came out with the UCONN sweatshirts and an actual Husky! That being said, without reading all past posts here, did anyone else notice her parents, especially Dad, not being too enthusiastic? It's obvious they raised a smart young woman who already has set life goals for herself and made the 1st decision today to help herself achieve them. Christyn is all in, I have no doubts about that. My question is, did her parents want her to go somewhere else? Are they just sad as parents to know their baby is leaving the nest? Or are they just quiet people?

If it were me, I'm pretty sure my parents would have had the microphone more than I did :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm a football board guy and have to admit that I teared up when her friends came out with the UCONN sweatshirts and an actual Husky! That being said, without reading all past posts here, did anyone else notice her parents, especially Dad, not being too enthusiastic? It's obvious they raised a smart young woman who already has set life goals for herself and made the 1st decision today to help herself achieve them. Christyn is all in, I have no doubts about that. My question is, did her parents want her to go somewhere else? Are they just sad as parents to know their baby is leaving the nest? Or are they just quiet people?

If it were me, I'm pretty sure my parents would have had the microphone more than I did :)
While I cannot speak for CW’s parents, I will say that the day your child makes a decision to go to school away from home is one of great pride tinged with a good deal of sadness.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the signing at 11:15 was an after-the-fact signing for appearance sake at the CAC event. I think Geno probably got the faxed LOI on Wednesday.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
While I cannot speak for CW’s parents, I will say that the day your child makes a decision to go to school away from home is one of great pride tinged with a good deal of sadness.
My son and daughter-in-law had the same conflict--proud of their eldest heading off to college, but missing her because she moved 1,600 miles away.

Christyn will be on TV a lot. Her entire circle can watch her regularly.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think what you may have is a live reactions as Megan Walker parents below versus taped reaction by Christyn parents who may not be very good actors. I'm sure both parents are proud as you would have been.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
My son and daughter-in-law had the same conflict--proud of their eldest heading off to college, but missing her because she moved 1,600 miles away.

Christyn will be on TV a lot. Her entire circle can watch her regularly.
True. They might be able to catch a game at Texas. Southern Methodist and Memphis are also possibilities. A homecoming game for Pheesa near St. Louis might be doable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom