Nation's #1 Recruit Christyn Williams Chooses UConn! | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Nation's #1 Recruit Christyn Williams Chooses UConn!

Reaction Score
Are you sure you watched the entire video? I got the exact opposite impression on the parents. Also know that CW was a UConn lean from day one and that Geno won over the parents during the home visit. Someone actually posted pictures of the home visit yesterday. One factor for the parents was probably the academic excellence of UConn vs South Carolina, as well as the family like UConn program that Chris Daily and Geno have fostered for years.
We should also note that the parents have to realize this is CW's moment. They were up front at the signing table as "support" and it's her day in the sun. Additionally, as parents it's always tough when the children leave the nest. I have no doubt that Mr & Mrs Williams will be proud UCONN supporters for the next 5 seasons at least.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Are you sure about Ralph?

Positive. Here is a link. Scroll down to High School. And the 2nd link on the UCONN BIO site- the last paragraph.
Though Holdsclaw also got POY awards during Ralph era.

Shea Ralph - Wikipedia

UCONNHUSKIES.COM Shea Ralph Bio :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Women's Basketball

--------------
I also forgot Saniya Chong got Parade NPOY.
So for two years you've had Chong, KML and Stewie.
Here is the link for Chong.

UCONNHUSKIES.COM Saniya Chong Bio :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Women's Basketball

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Positive. Here is a link. Scroll down to High School. And teh snd link on the UCONN BIO site- the last paragraph.

Shea Ralph - Wikipedia

UCONNHUSKIES.COM Shea Ralph Bio :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Women's Basketball

--------------

UCONNHUSKIES.COM Saniya Chong Bio :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Women's Basketball
I am talking the #1 ranked player out of high school. There are multiple players of the year sometimes within the same year. Look at the last year of college with Taurasi. How people thought Beard was better is beyond me.

Reaction Score
Positive. Here is a link. Scroll down to High School. And the 2nd link on the UCONN BIO site- the last paragraph.

Shea Ralph - Wikipedia

--------------

The mozzarella sticks story is a good one, had never heard that until now.

Reaction Score
I am talking the #1 ranked player out of high school. There are multiple players of the year sometimes within the same year. Look at the last year of college with Taurasi. How people thought Beard was better is beyond me.

Then I don't know what you're talking about? Are you talking about h/s or after they graduate? What about KML vs Elizabeth Williams? EWilliams so far having the better pro career - is that what you are going by based on your bringing up Beard vs DT lasy year in college?

So who would you say was the number 1 ranked player during Katie Lou's senior year? Because for example some thought it to be Collier and some thought it to be Durr. I think Durr and Lou were close as to who #1 is. Yet the better player right now of the 3 is who?

Or are you "pick-and=choosing" what number 1 player means?

Reaction Score

Shea Ralph - Wikipedia

--------------

ESPN Said that Geno had 6 Players of the years prior to Christyn Williams...
Working backwards: Walker, Samuelson, Moore, Charles, Taurasi, and T. Williams. That is 6. If Ralph were one that would be 7....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Working backwards: Walker, Samuelson, Moore, Charles, Taurasi, and T. Williams. That is 6. If Ralph were one that would be 7....

In 1996 she was named the USA Today National High School Player of the Year

After she earned the USA Player of the Year award, she was interviewed by USA Today, who asked about her recruiting decision. She explained, "Coach Auriemma was the only coach that told me if I was really good I'd play a lot, and if I sucked I wasn't playing." Auriemma read the quote in the paper and "almost [fell] off his chair". He called her to say, "Geez, Shea. Did you have to say that in the paper?"

Shea Ralph - Wikipedia

Reaction Score

So you'e going to count the ESPN POY- okay. But this discounts KML?

UCONNHUSKIES.COM Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis Bio :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Women's Basketball

So from the link above KML has the following but because ESPN doesn't count it, you want to discount it?

" 2010-11 Naismith, WBCA, Parade Magazine, USA Today and Gatorade National Player of the Year. Joins Tamika Williams, Ann Strother, Tina Charles and Maya Moore as the only UConn recruits to be named Gatorade National Player of the Year .. . . . Rated as the No. 1 overall prospect in the class of 2011 by ESPN Hoopgurlz and Blue Star"

It's possible ESPN doesn't know what they're talking about.

Anyways - pick whatever list you want. Just tried answering your question w/o picking-and-choosing.

Reaction Score
I think a large part of ESPN'S research department are now flipping burgers or selling Subaru's.

Reaction Score
So you'e going to count the ESPN POY- okay. But this discounts KML?

UCONNHUSKIES.COM Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis Bio :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site - Women's Basketball

So from the link above KML has the following but because ESPN doesn't count it, you want to discount it?

" 2010-11 Naismith, WBCA, Parade Magazine, USA Today and Gatorade National Player of the Year. Joins Tamika Williams, Ann Strother, Tina Charles and Maya Moore as the only UConn recruits to be named Gatorade National Player of the Year .. . . . Rated as the No. 1 overall prospect in the class of 2011 by ESPN Hoopgurlz and Blue Star"

It's possible ESPN doesn't know what they're talking about.

Anyways - pick whatever list you want. Just tried answering your question w/o picking-and-choosing.
Wow... another good one I missed.. I do not know how I missed KML as she is one of my favs.

Reaction Score

I am so sorry for cluttering this thread because I was so absent minded recently. I missed a lot

Backwards- Walker, Samuelson, STEWART, KML, Moore, Charles, HUNTER, STROTHER, Taurasi, T. Williams, and RALPH? Did I miss anyone else?
I thought someone once said Sales was #1. Where was Lobo?

Once again sorry for not thinking....

Sales was the USA Today's High School Player of the Year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom