Nation's #1 Recruit Christyn Williams Chooses UConn! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Nation's #1 Recruit Christyn Williams Chooses UConn!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Either you didn't understand my point or I don't understand yours. I don't get your reference to a slight. Stewie came in and stated that she wanted 4 National Championships. That seemed kinda crazy at the time (especially to say out loud and publicly), but it happened. Christyn says out loud and publicly that she wants to be a legend like Maya and DT... bold statement, but she came to the only place in the country where that could actually happen, and I hope it does.

Sorry. I did not read your comment through to the end. I thought you were commenting on why she did not include Stewie along with Maya and DT on the legends list. I deserve a Head bang

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Good call Orangutan. Do you have any hunches on what the next "powerball" numbers will be? :rolleyes:

If I did, I'd be on a tropical beach right now instead of dealing with this Chicago snow.

article-0-0A31FAA0000005DC-3_634x388.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I believe in 2001 Ralph was the top recruit from 96, Williams in 99 and Taurasi in 2000.
Could be, though Tamika was '98. Shea got to play with Diana only because of her redshirt year.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Congrats to you guys, sucks for the rest of us. I think short of injuries, transfers, or a miracle, it’s going to be a long long time before anyone comes close to touching Connecticut for the next 3-4 years.

I find it is easier when you give up and admit that UConn is your overlord. Just got to hope your favorite team's players don't do the same.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Congrats to you guys, sucks for the rest of us. I think short of injuries, transfers, or a miracle, it’s going to be a long long time before anyone comes close to touching Connecticut for the next 3-4 years.
Classy of you to say this, but I don't know if I'd go quite that far. UConn will be the clear favorite, I'm sure, but these are impressive recruiting classes put together by Tennessee, Baylor, and Texas.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Classy of you to say this, but I don't know if I'd go quite that far. UConn will be the clear favorite, I'm sure, but these are impressive recruiting classes put together by Tennessee, Baylor, and Texas.
Yeah, the 2017 Mississippi State and 2014 Stanford games are reminders that the favorite doesn't always win.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So I have say [in my best curmudgeonly voice] I am not a fan of a ton of pomp and circumstance in a HS kid, even an extraordinary one, signing a college LOI. That said, it was done reasonably and Christen comes off as being a sweet and genuine kid. I'm glad she enjoyed the day and I'm sure it was nice for her folks. I look forward to having her as a part of the UCWB family.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
As regards Ms. Williams and her higher education decision, I would opine that it is a good thing.

Reaction Score
So I have say [in my best curmudgeonly voice] I am not a fan of a ton of pomp and circumstance in a HS kid, even an extraordinary one, signing a college LOI. That said, it was done reasonably and Christen comes off as being a sweet and genuine kid. I'm glad she enjoyed the day and I'm sure it was nice for her folks. I look forward to having her as a part of the UCWB family.

Totally agree - and I get the feeling it was as much for her school and parents as for Christyn herself, engineered by ESPN of course. Loved the dog! Looking forward to seeing her next year.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Obviously a lot can happen, but based on Geno’s track record developing talent and the players he has coming in, I don’t see any team coming close unless another coach can step up and develop players at the same rate Geno can. And those teams mentioned—none of them have been to a Final Four in a long long time.

Last year it took a miracle to upset UCONN in the semifinals and Connecticut was a 6 man team without a true PG or post player. No one expected Williams or Collier to be as good as they became.

On paper they’re projected to be MUCH better than the 2016-17 team over the next 2-3 years. Unless Walker, Williams, and Dangerfield are all mediocre or injury riddled, I don’t see any teams sticking with UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom