My sources | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
My sources tell me if UNC won't play, the B1G won't go farther south. In that case it is UVa and UConn for 16.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1) Why is the ACC so dumb?
2) How does UConn find a way out of this mess? (aka become more attractive to the B1G, cause really, F the ACC)
A few acc schools like Florida State don't care for uconn football.

I know I will be perceived as a troll but am not so I don't care what haters think.

Also I forgot to mention that Delaney was impressed by the 2 billion plan
I think you may misunderstood your source. I believe that Delaney was impressed by the 6 million dollar man. I mean to come back from an devastating accident and then kick ass while wearing leisure suits is pretty impressive by any standard. Also the 6 million dollar man's real name was Steve Austin and all know Delaney has had his eyes on Texas for a while.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Appreciate you trying to contribute, knowing that you are about to be torn by the wolves.

I'll assume what you say is true.

Exactly how many bridges have you purchased in your lifetime?

Reaction Score
There is a spelling error that is a dead give away on who this may be!
the dead give away is the poor logic and lack of info.
uconn isnt 1 or 2? who is?
if BC and FSU bolt, and the ACC falls apart most likely need more than 1 or two anyway so who cares.
i also don't think its only about who is on the big10's radar. no southern school to my knowledge has moved to a northern league. if FSU is at a disadvantage to SEC now, wait until they sell recruits on playing in minn, ohio, nebraska, and iowa instead of alabama, LA, AR, and GA.

Reaction Score
Speaking as a Big Ten guy, FSU is effectively on the same tier as Nebraska academically (only FSU has never had AAU status) along with AAU schools such as Missouri, Kansas and Iowa State (who are in the AAU more for historical legacy purposes as opposed to based on their academic output today). As a result, FSU might be a bit of an academic stretch on paper, but not so much of a stretch when it has a similarly situated institution as a member in a state with about 1/10th of the population.

More importantly, Jim Delany has said one word with respect to expansion more than any other (more than "football", more than "academics", more than "television"): DEMOGRAPHICS. Look back at his quotes over the years and he has said that particular word over and over and over again. He doesn't just mean TV markets - what he's referring to is getting into areas where the most population growth is occurring. The Big Ten wants this not just for sports, but for recruiting "normal" college students in the future as the growth in the Midwest slows. Well, if you look at where a disproportionate amount of the population growth in the US is occurring, outside of the state of Texas, it's occurring in the Washington, DC region south through North Carolina, down to Atlanta and all through Florida. Hmmmm... look at list #1 in the OP's post.

The upshot is that Florida State, more than any single school that the Big Ten could realistically add (e.g. not counting Texas from the Big 12, Florida from the SEC, or USC/UCLA from the Pac-12), is a complete game changer on the demographics front. It's the move that adds the largest population base. It's the move that adds the most money for the Big Ten's national TV contracts. It's the move that adds the most money for the market-based model of the BTN. It's the move that adds the most for football on-the-field. It's the move that adds the state that's the single biggest home of Big Ten alums that's outside of the Midwest.

Anyone that is thinking that the Big Ten is just going to automatically pass up FSU on academic grounds is foolish (and if they're going to pass up FSU on academic grounds, then they're going to pass up UConn on academic grounds because that really does mean that AAU membership is the Big Ten's be-all end-all for anyone not named Notre Dame). Look at how Florida is growing and the way that the acceptance standards to both Florida and FSU are getting tougher and tougher in connection with that population growth. The academic reputation of Texas A&M was "meh" 20 years ago, but the in-state population explosion has turned its admissions standards completely around and it gained AAU status in the past decade. Once again, people should pay very close attention to list #1 in the OP's post. Assuming that Notre Dame continues to rebuff the Big Ten, the next 4 schools form a contiguous footprint (with 3 of those schools already being elite academic institutions) that makes the most sense in terms of demographics, TV money and actual football on-the-field in every way.

Now, that doesn't mean that the Big Ten will pull this off. Even as a Big Ten guy, I'm very skeptical of the ability for the conference to take UNC or even UVA (which then makes taking Georgia Tech and/or FSU more difficult geographically). However, do I believe that the OP's list #1 is exactly what the Big Ten would want to do assuming that the University of Texas is off the table? Absolutely.
i agree the southern states are growing. but i dont see NYC or the northeast shriveling up either. and the fact remains, NYC is one huge market that represents a huge opportunity for growth.
i still think there is a cultural and climate difference that will prevent some southern schools from joining a league defined as a northern league. and then there is the geography issue. is FSU going to join alone? do they really want to send every sport up north?
that wont help recruiting...

Y

Your Insider

What you guys don't understand is FSU Clemson and BC ( to name a few ) think uconn football is not at their level. Well BC just hates you but that's different. The more football schools that leave the acc is better for you. Also i didn't say uconn wasn't on the acc radar, just not in the top 2.

Reaction Score
What you guys don't understand is FSU Clemson and BC ( to name a few ) think uconn football is not at their level. Well BC just hates you but that's different. The more football schools that leave the acc is better for you. Also i didn't say uconn wasn't on the acc radar, just not in the top 2.

You need to find something productive to do with your life.....and btw, being a dick is not being productive, it means you ae just being a dick.

Reaction Score

The ACC has completely screwed up expansion. If we aren't in their top 2 it's at their own peril. In case you haven't noticed, nobody here really even cares about the ACC anymore. It isn't very good and now that KO has basketball under control and we have our best recruiting class ever in football, I am willing to wait for things to shake out nationally.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

Hmmm..so the first post includes a "go Huskies"...which to me says you are positioning yourself as a UConn fan. Now this post includes "BC just hates you"....which a UConn fan wouldn't say. A UConn fan would say "BC hates us"...or "BC hates UConn".

Not to go all whaler vs recruit Dad.....but...inconsistencies in how you represent your allegiances lead me to believe you are a bored fan of a fanbase that doesn't like UConn. Therefore...I choose to ignore your information until otherwise convinced of it's validity.

OK..back to page 58 of the LOI thread...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
More like they are threatened by the new kid on the block. We've annihilated BC and they'd be next on the chopping block. Otherwise, why not toss us an invite and pad an extra W in your already soft schedule? ACC is NOWHERE near as good as they think they are, talent wise.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Exactly how many bridges have you purchased in your lifetime?
The way I look at it is: what fun is it to be one of the dozens that will tear him to shreds? Might as well engage him even if just for entertainment purposes. Then again threads where we tear people up are quite popular round these parts!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You need to find something productive to do with your life.....and btw, being a dick is not being productive, it means you ae just being a dick.
Or at least do a better job of being convincing. Really, isn't there anything you are good at?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Not that it will convince you of anything, but Cuse, Pitt and UL are not at FSU's and Clemson's level in football. UL with Bridgewater is like BC with Flynn, watch the next act.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
A leading indicator of a program's decline is when really weak trolls show up on the main school message board and still get attention.

Reaction Score
1) Why is the ACC so dumb?
2) How does UConn find a way out of this mess? (aka become more attractive to the B1G, cause really, F the ACC)
A few acc schools like Florida State don't care for uconn football.

I know I will be perceived as a troll but am not so I don't care what haters think.

Also I forgot to mention that Delaney was impressed by the 2 billion plan

Hey Buddy, a regular lurker myself, for longer than 2 days, my insiders who happen to be the voices in my head, say that with this outstanding recruiting class for football and the 2 billion check CT is going to write, UConn has shot up to number one next to Virginia and North Carolina...

Reaction Score
Hey Buddy, a regular lurker myself, for longer than 2 days, my insiders who happen to be the voices in my head, say that with this outstanding recruiting class for football and the 2 billion check CT is going to write, UConn has shot up to number one next to Virginia and North Carolina...

REALLY!!!!! I knew it all along!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963