My sources | The Boneyard

My sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Your Insider

Hello former lurker for forever now. I felt bad nobody here really has a realignment insider, so I decided to come out from hiding.

But anyways, not that you want to hear this but my sources tell me uconn is not in the top 2 schools for the acc when they implode.

My other source tells me that the B1G actually has a list of schools they're considering and surprisingly Uconn is definitely number 4-5 according to 2 different Li. Also by saying this I know I will lose alot of credibility by telling you all this but 2 of my sources tell me Florida State is on the B1G Radar.

Here are 2 lists

1. Notre dame
2. North Carolina
3. Virginia
4. Florida State
5. Georgia tech

1. Notre dame
2. North Carolina
3. Virginia
4. Florida State
5. Uconn

However if Notre dame agrees to go B1G am hearing BC shoots up the list as a potential partner for them. But only 1 source of mine tells me uconn would sure fire be notre dames partner, though I don't really trust him as well.
By the way don't bother trying to point out bad gram.er, spelling etc. Because 1 am on my phone most of the time and 2 I only care about that stuff at work and when I do important things.

So anyway I hope you appreciate the info I can bring you.

if you have any questions for me or my sources either inbox me or ask below. Thanks and go Huskies

Reaction Score
UConn isn't in the top 2?

Guess Memphis and Tulane are higher up than us.

Calling a troll a troll.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Appreciate you trying to contribute, knowing that you are about to be torn by the wolves.

I'll assume what you say is true.

1) Why is the ACC so dumb?
2) How does UConn find a way out of this mess? (aka become more attractive to the B1G, cause really, F the ACC)

UConn can bring tons to the table, are people just ignorant of that?

Reaction Score
UCF and USF may be the top 2 for the ACC. Have to re-establish themselves in Florida. Why the **** would we want to go to a destroyed ACC anyway?

Y

Your Insider

1) Why is the ACC so dumb?
2) How does UConn find a way out of this mess? (aka become more attractive to the B1G, cause really, F the ACC)
A few acc schools like Florida State don't care for uconn football.

I know I will be perceived as a troll but am not so I don't care what haters think.

Also I forgot to mention that Delaney was impressed by the 2 billion plan

Reaction Score
I do not understand how we can go from number 1 or 2 pick of acc with cuse to now what is esentially 6th with cuse pitt ville next a and next b ahead of the huskies.

Does not make sense to me. Apparently we are worthless now that pitt is in the conference. bc...what a bunch of worthless *ts

Reaction Score
i can see how florida state might not appreciate uconn football. but how could the big10 ever accept an academic institution like florida state? the acc compromised academics by taking louisville. i don't see the big10 making that mistake.

Reaction Score
tumblr_lxjm4n4umw1rn1xxfo1_400.gif

Reaction Score
A few acc schools like Florida State don't care for uconn football.

I know I will be perceived as a troll but am not so I don't care what haters think.

Also I forgot to mention that Delaney was impressed by the 2 billion plan
But wouldn't FSU and the like be gone in an imploded ACC?

Y

Your Insider

i can see how florida state might not appreciate uconn football. but how could the big10 ever accept an academic institution like florida state? the acc compromised academics by taking louisville. i don't see the big10 making that mistake.
one source tells me that the B1G thinks FS has potential

Y

Your Insider

But wouldn't FSU and the like be gone in an imploded ACC?
ok imploded was the wrong word like I said I won't care much about being perfect in my writing. I meant when the B1G offers, sorry

Reaction Score
ok imploded was the wrong word like I said I won't care much about being perfect in my writing. I meant when the B1G offers, sorry
All cool. We're aware of that. It comes down to who wins over UNC (and Duke), the SEC or the B1G. If the SEC wins, we obviously have a much better chance.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth a UConn hater could have written that email in about 30 seconds.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Universal consensus has the BiG looking at VA and NC and preferring someone else make the next move. If not they can wait 3 years while digesting Rutgers and Maryland and entering into Tier 1 negotiations.

FSU is out. BC is out. VA and GT leads the back up plans if UNC is out and CT is a longshot.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
could care less about grammar and spelling but to claim UConn on two source's lists in the 4-5 position and then give the lists in which Uconn is only on one is very disturbing!:) Can't take anyone serious who can't count past one.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Universal consensus has the BiG looking at VA and NC and preferring someone else make the next move. If not they can wait 3 years while digesting Rutgers and Maryland and entering into Tier 1 negotiations.

FSU is out. BC is out. VA and GT leads the back up plans if UNC is out and CT is a longshot.
But I heard Pluto is dissenting. And then there is Goofy......

Reaction Score
Don't you get it...if anything doesn't appear correct in his posts, it's because he's a very important person who is finding the time to post on this site using a phone.

Before I believe there's any chance he's valid (unlikely) maybe he can post why he would be privy to such info without getting too specific.

Reaction Score

Speaking as a Big Ten guy, FSU is effectively on the same tier as Nebraska academically (only FSU has never had AAU status) along with AAU schools such as Missouri, Kansas and Iowa State (who are in the AAU more for historical legacy purposes as opposed to based on their academic output today). As a result, FSU might be a bit of an academic stretch on paper, but not so much of a stretch when it has a similarly situated institution as a member in a state with about 1/10th of the population.

More importantly, Jim Delany has said one word with respect to expansion more than any other (more than "football", more than "academics", more than "television"): DEMOGRAPHICS. Look back at his quotes over the years and he has said that particular word over and over and over again. He doesn't just mean TV markets - what he's referring to is getting into areas where the most population growth is occurring. The Big Ten wants this not just for sports, but for recruiting "normal" college students in the future as the growth in the Midwest slows. Well, if you look at where a disproportionate amount of the population growth in the US is occurring, outside of the state of Texas, it's occurring in the Washington, DC region south through North Carolina, down to Atlanta and all through Florida. Hmmmm... look at list #1 in the OP's post.

The upshot is that Florida State, more than any single school that the Big Ten could realistically add (e.g. not counting Texas from the Big 12, Florida from the SEC, or USC/UCLA from the Pac-12), is a complete game changer on the demographics front. It's the move that adds the largest population base. It's the move that adds the most money for the Big Ten's national TV contracts. It's the move that adds the most money for the market-based model of the BTN. It's the move that adds the most for football on-the-field. It's the move that adds the state that's the single biggest home of Big Ten alums that's outside of the Midwest.

Anyone that is thinking that the Big Ten is just going to automatically pass up FSU on academic grounds is foolish (and if they're going to pass up FSU on academic grounds, then they're going to pass up UConn on academic grounds because that really does mean that AAU membership is the Big Ten's be-all end-all for anyone not named Notre Dame). Look at how Florida is growing and the way that the acceptance standards to both Florida and FSU are getting tougher and tougher in connection with that population growth. The academic reputation of Texas A&M was "meh" 20 years ago, but the in-state population explosion has turned its admissions standards completely around and it gained AAU status in the past decade. Once again, people should pay very close attention to list #1 in the OP's post. Assuming that Notre Dame continues to rebuff the Big Ten, the next 4 schools form a contiguous footprint (with 3 of those schools already being elite academic institutions) that makes the most sense in terms of demographics, TV money and actual football on-the-field in every way.

Now, that doesn't mean that the Big Ten will pull this off. Even as a Big Ten guy, I'm very skeptical of the ability for the conference to take UNC or even UVA (which then makes taking Georgia Tech and/or FSU more difficult geographically). However, do I believe that the OP's list #1 is exactly what the Big Ten would want to do assuming that the University of Texas is off the table? Absolutely.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
While I think the OP is full of _______, I will play along because:

1) I am bored;
2) the regular posters on this board have absolutely nothing new to say to each other; and
3) the last time a low count "lurker" popped up on this board and said something was brewing was exactly 7 days before Maryland and Rutgers got invited to the Big 10.

Reaction Score
Okay insider time for your medicine, thank you for playing, goodbye.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Demographics isn't just trends. Reality is we've got a high concentration of population, dollars, and we are the number 1 show in our region. It's foolish to think that doesn't count for something. A significant chunk of NY, all of CT, and more mindshare across New England than any other school. We aren't going to suddenly be less populous or less influential. A lot of B1G alumni in our region with the ways and means to keep their kids going to B1G schools- we are worth the investment.

Reaction Score
My sources(primarily from wvu) tell me you are full of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom