Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Man you know Vance dad lurking this thread like "what the hell is a mumu?"
Did you just subpost Vance Sr?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Freshman Giff was playing great D and hitting transition 3s at Maui, but he was also making uncatchable bullet passes inside to AO. Great program guy.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
AO all over again. When folks need to be angry, doesn't much matter to them who they are mad at.
There should zero seconds of anger generated toward vAnce.

But tons toward Rodney "Kinda Nervous" Purvis, Amida "Weak to the Hole" Brimah and Kevin "I Miss me Some Steph" Ollie

Reaction Score
Umm, no way, Twitter is awesome. It's the best news feed possible and gives some other juicy stuff at times like Vance Sr. going off. Drunk Tweets are the best ever.

I can't tell you how many posts are explained by that one.

Reaction Score
There should zero seconds of anger generated toward vAnce.

But tons toward Rodney "Kinda Nervous" Purvis, Amida "Weak to the Hole" Brimah and Kevin "I Miss me Some Steph" Ollie

You're going to make fun of a parent's divorce? Seriously?

Reaction Score
Not even close to Griffey. Jackson wouldn't have smelled the court on that team.

Its interesting to me how a variety of intelligent posters have such different takes on this. Giffey was not good as a freshman IMO. Too timid, couldn't shoot. I don't think he was ever really good under JC. He did play solid D but I have to imagine Vance is going to have a superior year, certainly statistically. That said, I don't know if Vance would have gotten much run on that squad. Maybe the same position, but such different players - depending on the roster, either could be a better fit.

Reaction Score
AO all over again. When folks need to be angry, doesn't much matter to them who they are mad at.
It really surprises me that some people seem to forget that AO himself talked sh@t about Calhoun and UConn both while he was here and in a scathing article after he transferred. Screw him.

And as far as I remember it was AO himself, not his father, who called Calhoun a Mumu on twitter.

Two completely different situations. Vance has been nothing but a positive teammate, AO, not so much.

Reaction Score
You're going to make fun of a parent's divorce? Seriously?
The guy is right. Since the divorce, Kevin appears to be a skeleton of his former self. I can understand how it would happen to someone.

Reaction Score
It really surprises me that some people seem to forget that AO himself talked sh@t about Calhoun and UConn both while he was here and in a scathing article after he transferred. Screw him.

And as far as I remember it was AO himself, not his father, who called Calhoun a Mumu on twitter.

Two completely different situations. Vance has been nothing but a positive teammate, AO, not so much.
Great point. Although I don't feel the critique of Vance is far from the truth. The posters who want this removed need to grow a sack. We are responding to a series of tweets that attack the core of this program. If we don't defend the team, who will? Sometimes the truth hurts. If a parent can't handle it, especially at a high major, then to bad. I will say this about anyone on who plays for UConn: look on the wall around you at practice..... No one is ever bigger than the program, not them and certainly not you. I think Vance will develop into a fine player. If he or anyone thought there were greener pastures elsewhere, so be it.

Reaction Score
Definitely not better than Giffey as a frosh.

Niels averaged 8mpg and 2ppg his freshman year. He was great against Kentucky scoring 14 and hitting 3's. He scored 90 total points his freshman year. 50 in the first 10 games, 40 in the last 31. Vance is already a better player than Niels was as a freshman. Don't let his play in Maui hide the rest of his season.

Reaction Score
Niels averaged 8mpg and 2ppg his freshman year. He was great against Kentucky scoring 14 and hitting 3's. He scored 90 total points his freshman year. 50 in the first 10 games, 40 in the last 31. Vance is already a better player than Niels was as a freshman. Don't let his play in Maui hide the rest of his season.

Yes, but Giffey played 8 minutes a game for a national champion. Jackson is contributing for a team that isn't even good. There are lots of freshman around the country making big numerical contributions to mediocre teams that wouldn't get on the court at Duke or Nova.

Reaction Score
Stephanie is KO's ex wife, not his daughter. I think that's what you might be misremembering.

If I could like my own posts, I would like this one.

That was my point. Treating lightly a couple's divorce, when they have children who have to deal with it, is in my view just not kosher. If I misinterpreted something I'm sorry but I don't think I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom