MuMu part deux? | The Boneyard

MuMu part deux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Classic case of a parent complaining about their kid not getting enough PT (Vance still got 22 min) even when they're shooting 0-5 from the floor.

Jackson does have a bright future though, so KO may need to do some in-house recruiting. It would probably also help if Vance started hitting his 3s, in which case he'd stay on the floor.

Reaction Score
Ollie needs to pull a Tony Soprano with this problem and "nip it in the bud"

Reaction Score
Played more than 1/2 the game. The kid can't shoot. Terrible release point, ugly shot, has to be completely rebuilt. The father should haave worked on that for the last few years.

Classic case of a parent complaining about their kid not getting enough PT (Vance still got 22 min) even when they're shooting 0-5 from the floor.

Jackson does have a bright future though, so KO may need to do some in-house recruiting. It would probably also help if Vance started hitting his 3s, in which case he'd stay on the floor.

Reaction Score
Just amazing. the game has changes so much from high school and Vance is clearly a wing. As such he needs to be able
to defend, which right now, like most freshman he does not do well. I think he has great potential and has been playing I think
an appropriate amount based on his skill and contributions - dad just keep your thoughts to yourself and don't embarrass yourself or your son.

Reaction Score
Ummmm...is this guy serious? 22 minutes was more than Vance should have gotten last night. He was awful. Did absolutely nothing with his minutes. His one "trick" is supposed to be his shot, and he is shooting 32% overall and 30% from 3. He starts his shot at his crotch which makes it very difficult to get off, especially in the middle of a zone.

I'm all for parents defending their kids but there's better ways to do it, and after last night is really weird timing...

Reaction Score
I think KO has been very fair with Vance. He was awful last night, his square ups and form looked terrible. His father should be happy he got as much time as he did.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
dad just keep your thoughts to yourself and don't embarrass yourself or your son.
^^^This x 1,000.

Beginning in maybe 7th grade, my kids' coaches made clear from the outset of each season that any issues about playing time or positions should be raised directly with the coach by the player, not the parent(s), and that it be done in private and in between games, i.e., not in public and not during or immediately after a game. Seems like it would be a good idea for KO to make that clear. This kind of crap is toxic to the player-coach relationship and the team.

Reaction Score
I know I will get killed for this, but there was legitimate worry about Jackson going such a ways away for school when he chose UConn, and then pair that with him and his families heightened sense of his ability, and how the season is going and you get the drift.

Reaction Score
Parents are crazy. I'm all for Vance eating up minutes as he provides flexibility that no other healthy player can. But he had more minutes than Facey, Enoch and Durham and he didn't play particularly well.

Onto another note - He does have good shooting form. It does start low but there is a reason Bilas said he has a picture perfect release.

Reaction Score
Parents are crazy. I'm all for Vance eating up minutes as he provides flexibility that no other healthy player can. But he had more minutes than Facey, Enoch and Durham and he didn't play particularly well.

Onto another note - He does have good shooting form. It does start low but there is a reason Bilas said he has a picture perfect release.
But he is also very slow, has a very high dribble, and can't create his own shot. I feel his minutes were more than appropriate.

Regardless, these tweets are very concerning.

Reaction Score
But he is also very slow, has a very high dribble, and can't create his own shot. I feel his minutes were more than appropriate.

His speed, handle and shot creation are only an issue at the 3. I hope he can bulk up and play the 4 exclusively but our roster is too thin for that.

Reaction Score
Time to bite your tongue, get off of twitter and relax VJ Sr - there isn't another high major D1 team in America where your kid would have a bigger opportunity to get a lot of minutes right away. VJ needs to hold up his end by actually hitting shots and trying to play something that resembles defense. VJ will be great for us long term but it's definitely not a good sign that his father is tweeting this kind of stuff 6 games in after his kid has seen a decent amount of run

Reaction Score
How do we know this has anything to do with basketball

How did anyone end up reading his tweets in the first place

Reaction Score
I know I will get killed for this, but there was legitimate worry about Jackson going such a ways away for school when he chose UConn, and then pair that with him and his families heightened sense of his ability, and how the season is going and you get the drift.
Legitimate worry by whom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits