Muffet Tweet | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Muffet Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
9 pages of UConn fans bashing Muffet after winning the game is pretty pathetic. I shudder to imagine what would have been written had UConn lost!

Depends, in the fantasy world where ND won, did AO play the same dirty, unclassy game? And did Muffet do nothing about it?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There was a point during the game when it was clear that the game was getting away from ND, prior to the Arike dust-up with Geno. ESPN caught a shot of MM with a look of bewilderment. It was obvious that she was stunned by the fact that her loaded, defending national championship team was getting schooled once again by UConn, and she had no idea why.

In some ways, the Arike situation and whatever the hell is going on between MM and Stewie provide a convenient excuse for ND being outhustled, outplayed and outcoached on Sunday. It's not that UConn is a better team. It's that "WE (ND)" lost our poise. The alternative for MM is evidently unacceptable, to admit her team was outplayed and she was outcoached.

Flash back two seasons ago when UConn surprised ND in South Bend. Rather than crediting UConn for a hard fought win, she complained about the number of fouls that were called on the Irish vs the Huskies, MM is a championship coach, but whenever she loses a game, particularly to the Huskies, she casts about for an excuse rather than crediting the opposing team.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You clearly haven't been around here for very long, a lot of us are from other teams LMAO
dcfan is an ND supporter (big surprise) who's been mostly lurking around here for approximately 7 months, and has posted 7 or 8 times. Still, we welcome everyone here, especially UCLA fans. ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno himself said something similar in the past. Remember when the stuff was going down at the final four that has been talked about in this thread and Geno said just because it's women's basketball do people think we're all friends and go home and drink wine or something to that effect.
Yes, Geno said that, but he was responding to MM's slight to one of his players, Stewie. You can call Geno just about any name in the book and he'll laugh it off. But once you go after one of his players, he will defend them fiercely. It is also worth noting that the next time the two teams met, Geno handed MM a birthday present and asked her, "Are we good?" in an effort to bury the hatchet.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Can someone more twitter-y than myself explain the use of the coffin emoji by Sue and Swin?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Can someone more twitter-y than myself explain the use of the coffin emoji by Sue and Swin?

I'm not a tweeter either, but according to the internet, the coffin emoji can signify death, a funeral or sorrow depending on the context in which it is used.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Presumably it's the same usage as the skull emoji. Signifying "I'm dead". As in, "This is so funny that I have died of laughter".

Usually used when something is not only funny but somewhat shocking or audacious, too.

Reaction Score
That's right. Part of the reason for that is the sounds (conspiracy?) of silence by the so-called pundits of WCBB. Not a peep from Rebecca, Kara, Chiney, Mechelle, LaChina or Debbie on the elephant in the room. They watched the game. They've seen the videos. Surely they know about the flagrant in the Oregon State game. A simple "there's no place in the game for that" would have been appropriate seems to me.

Oh well.
I doubt that any of them will step up. They're all part of the WBB sorority that share info, interviews etc. None will want to be the outlier or lose access to McGraw and her program. Their mantra will be "We're moving on".

Reaction Score
I went back to the Vancouver Showcase video and watched the AO elbow launched into the throat of OSU's Janessa Thropay who set a screen on AO. Here is the screenshot from the video. AO's elbow was raised far above AO's head (AO was clearly headhunting). It is way more obvious when you see the whole video feed. Janessa Thropay dropped to her knees immediately, and the ref standing there did nothing. Apparently, this is OK, if you get dusted by the player you are supposed to be guarding.

BTW, whoever was the HOMER ND Announcer, he kept mispronouncing every OSU player's and Coach Rueck's name. A real pro (NOT).

1544044900142.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member