Muffet continues her anti-Geno smear campaign | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Muffet continues her anti-Geno smear campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That’s correct, but males are not a “protected class.” Also, where exactly is the discrimination here?
The Theory is Women are "disadvantaged". The rest of the theory is that men have ruled all aspects of life for 200,000 years. The time for Women is NOW.
I'm of the school any job among all jobs/positions should always go to the best possibly qualified individual--as it should have been since the world began.
My wife and many daughters have RULED this household from day one. And I have had been instructed multiple times, per week. It's tough being a minority of one in one's own home.

Reaction Score
That wasn't my point. On the women's side they appear to be hiring who they think is best for the job, male or female, while in the men's game they are not giving women a fair chance, and only hiring men. I think this is the issue Muffett should be addressing. (And I do understand there will be those who disagree with me, that's as it should be)
Do you know how stupid it is to hire only male assistants? Geno and Christine hired women. I could go into a lot of unsavory comments but the fact remains Geno has had no Team Women's College Basketball charges, comments, assertions, rumors. Being proper, looking proper, acting proper avoids most of the above. Even Muffet can see that!
I wonder does Muffet have political desires?? Her list of supporters seem to indicate that may be the case.

Reaction Score
Do you know how stupid it is to hire only male assistants? Geno and Christine hired women. I could go into a lot of unsavory comments but the fact remains Geno has had no Team Women's College Basketball charges, comments, assertions, rumors. Being proper, looking proper, acting proper avoids most of the above. Even Muffet can see that!
I wonder does Muffet have political desires?? Her list of supporters seem to indicate that may be the case.
I'm sorry, but you have me confused. Are you arguing against my post? Because nowhere did I mention Geno and Chris, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think Muffet is the better coach, eye test, mostly. Tara has more wins (and a better winning percentage) but coached 4 more years. Definitely factor in the natties as well.

View attachment 43872

Muffet might be a better coach than Tara. I was just pointing out that Geno is not preventing McGraw from being the winningest active coach since Tara is still around. The 4 more years of coaching is notable but if McGraw could win 144 games in 4 seasons to close the gap, I would be most impressed. Actually a handful of active coaches ahead of McGraw still.

Reaction Score
I suspect you are right and that a lot of her utterances originate here. She has doubled down on this particular theme and maybe she thinks it is a recruiting tool. She should have said it just once and had ND's HR Dept. all over her with an advisory written caution. Should a male ever apply to work with her and be turned down he could make her squirm some. Maybe Coach Jumper should apply for her next opening! :rolleyes:
He could make her squirm but he could make the University PAY. The premise of gender bias in this case seems easily proven. 40 males, with some experience, should be lining up. Prove it or not the University may desire to pay them off to avoid all the negative publicity this case should bring.
Maybe a political tool?

Reaction Score
No need to protect Geno here, also kind of like Muffet. (Just because she still plays us regular season.) ;)
To my point, has MM lost her mind ? A VERY high profile representative of a school submitting to the article her BLATANTLY SEXIST reason she had a male on the staff...
"McGraw used to employ a male assistant because she thought it was valuable for her players to see a woman supervise a man." Head bang

Most of this stuff does not matter or bother me but this one cost her a lot of cred and respect from myself. It is simply mind boggling how someone who has so much power to influence the overall game that needs every fan possible, would alienate anyone. One has to wonder how this will resonate with the ND $$$$ donors.

Reaction Score
Reverse discrimination is so difficult to process it is rarely done. He only stated the truth: All Males, minorities yes, are not protected. There is not a special class of White Males. I doubt anyone, attorney or not, wants to delve into the many area's/ factors relative to discrimination or Reverse of such.
I does appear Muffet has opened a can that may remain open longer than she or ND care to defend.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Reverse discrimination is so difficult to process it is rarely done. He only stated the truth: All Males, minorities yes, are not protected. There is not a special class of White Males. I doubt anyone, attorney or not, wants to delve into the many area's/ factors relative to discrimination or Reverse of such.
I does appear Muffet has opened a can that may remain open longer than she or ND care to defend.

Again. Because society is beyond ignorant . This is an easy problem to solve. People don’t want to.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’ve been asking for some time on this thread without success for someone to tell me who specifically has standing to charge ND with discrimination. Beyond that, Title VII cases are restricted to organizations employing 15 or more people. ND WBB employs 4. If an attorney were to attempt to bring a reverse discrimination suit against the ND athletic department or the University itself, they would really have a difficult time explaining all those male coaches working under Brian Kelly or all those tenured Jesuit priests teaching biology, philosophy, etc.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
No need to protect Geno here, also kind of like Muffy. (Just because she still plays us regular season.) ;)
To my point, has MM lost her mind or religion? A VERY high profile representative of a Jesuit school submitting to the article her BLATANTLY SEXIST reason she had a male on the staff...
"McGraw used to employ a male assistant because she thought it was valuable for her players to see a woman supervise a man." Head bang

It was this statement that that lost her some cred with me as well. Geno’s response to her “never again” declaration almost forced her to have to explain/defend her decisions to have McGuff and Tsipis on her staff. Her explanation — I wanted players to see a female supervising a male — seems made up and a little disrespectful to two coaches who are now head coaches at P5 programs. Plus, McGuff was in charge of recruiting for her and has proven himself a pretty good recruiter as a head coach. She didn’t need to diminish their contributions to her program; she could have just said her hiring priorities are different now. Not a major deal but shows that Muffet is not very good at this.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Theory is Women are "disadvantaged". The rest of the theory is that men have ruled all aspects of life for 200,000 years. The time for Women is NOW.
Really? When’s the last time you were casually groped and then sneered at and insulted for being offended? How about being passed over for a promotion because the boss knowa woman has children and he thinks they’d be a “distraction “ to the job?

You have no clue

Reaction Score
Always very funny to me the folks who are pre-emptively outraged over potential "reverse discrimination"

Yes, it's a terrible shame that men don't have more opportunities in sports! *That* is what we need to be concerned about.
There is no such thing as reverse discrimination. There is only discrimination and it is wrong no matter how much you dislike the current balance.

Reaction Score
Now how many college men's teams have female assistant coaches? Lawsuit opportunity there? Doesn't seem to be. Title IX has been law for years...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It was this statement that that lost her some cred with me as well. Geno’s response to her “never again” declaration almost forced her to have to explain/defend her decisions to have McGuff and Tsipis on her staff. Her explanation — I wanted players to see a female supervising a male — seems made up and a little disrespectful to two coaches who are now head coaches at P5 programs. Plus, McGuff was in charge of recruiting for her and has proven himself a pretty good recruiter as a head coach. She didn’t need to diminish their abilities; she could have just said her hiring priorities are different now. Not a major deal but shows that Muffet is not very good at this.

I'd say it's more than a little disrespectful. She implied that she valued neither of them for their recruiting ability or Xs-and-Os knowledge, and that she was paying them just to be some kind of stooges for her social roleplay.

Reaction Score
I'm of the school any job among all jobs/positions should always go to the best possibly qualified individual--as it should have been since the world began.
My wife and many daughters have RULED this household from day one. And I have had been instructed multiple times, per week. It's tough being a minority of one in one's own home.

I agree I too was a minority as I raised all boys., it has made me a tough cookie. I had to be as:my husband traveled a lot due to his jobs. The guys all turned out pretty good even though I didn’t think I did that job well at the time.

Reaction Score
There is no such thing as reverse discrimination. There is only discrimination and it is wrong no matter how much you dislike the current balance.

ENGIN: had thought that perhaps I was the only one who understood this truism. Refreshing to see there are at least two of us.

Reaction Score
Not a surprise that we agree. We have agreed on many things both over email and over the phone.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
No disagreement that such cases can be brought, but in the absence of a “protected class” they are much harder to prove. As I also point out, there is no specific example of discrimination here, no one has standing to bring suit and Title VII lawsuits are typically restricted to organizations of 15 employees or more.

What we do agree on is that MM’s comments were dumb and inappropriate. If we started suing every time someone makes a dumb remark, there would be little time left to accomplish much of anything else.

That would also shut down the Boneyard for good.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Now how many college men's teams have female assistant coaches? Lawsuit opportunity there? Doesn't seem to be. Title IX has been law for years...
Title IX has nothing to do with equal opportunity in hiring or even with sports specifically. Title IX requires schools that receive Federal funding provide equal resources to both male and female students. Collegiate and other school-sponsored sports are just one small component of this education law. Title IX is the most misunderstood law ever, IMO

Reaction Score
I am conflicted on this one. In my mind, women have been held beck in so many arenas. Overlooked, and discriminated against. Has progress been made? Sure..some, but not enough. Geno is not the enemy. EVERY man is not the enemy in this war.
Also she is selling women in general short by saying something to the effect they won't be great leaders unless they play for a woman.

Reaction Score
Really? When’s the last time you were casually groped and then sneered at and insulted for being offended? How about being passed over for a promotion because the boss knowa woman has children and he thinks they’d be a “distraction “ to the job?

You have no clue
See the thing is, when we look down(because women have been held down)women now look closer than ever. So we assume the problem is over, even though we are still looking down.

Reaction Score
Males are protected in employment discrimination...but, EEO says that EEO laws were passed to correct a history....women..minority groups.

Protected Class: The groups protected from the employment discrimination by law. These groups include men and women on the basis of sex; any group which shares a common race, religion, color, or national origin; people over 40; and people with physical or mental handicaps. Every U.S. citizen is a member of some protected class, and is entitled to the benefits of EEO law. However, the EEO laws were passed to correct a history of unfavorable treatment of women and minority group members.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Uh, Muff It, this is how it's done. Not with militant rants of exclusion, but intelligent discussion of team work and inclusion. Geno speaks:

Geno Auriemma ‘so proud’ of NBA for recent hires including UConn alums Swin Cash, Sue Bird

"The additions of women to coaching staffs and front offices in the past year has Auriemma optimistic about the opportunities women will receive in the future, but it’s Gottlieb’s hiring that he believes shows a change in the way teams are thinking about how to find the best person for the job.

“I’m so proud of what the NBA is doing and the opportunities that they’re putting out there and that they’re taking risks," Auriemma said. "You’re going to hire a college coach who’s never coached men and say ‘I value this person’s ability to help our organization be better.’ It’s not like they’re going out there and getting a men’s basketball coach who’s been in that world for 100 years and been successful. That’s expected. But to take a risk and do this and say ‘We value this,’ I think is going to happen more and more and more.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom