Muffet continues her anti-Geno smear campaign | The Boneyard

Muffet continues her anti-Geno smear campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Oh so slickly, under the guise of her pseudo-feminist schtick. And that paragon of sports journalism known as SI obliges in elevating her platform.

In April, when a reporter mentioned Muffet’s dictum about all-woman staffs to Auriemma (who, like McGraw, employs only woman assistants), he said, “I hope she sends a thank you to all those guys that used to be on her staff that got her all those good players that won a championship.” ...​
“Well, I expected some sort of comment would come out of Connecticut [when I said that]. For the record, they didn’t,” McGraw says. “Carol Owens and Niele Ivey got all those good players. You can have a staff with one man on it, and people assume, oh, he must be doing the recruiting, or he must be doing Xs-and-Os.” McGraw used to employ a male assistant because she thought it was valuable for her players to see a woman supervise a man.​

Plebe

Reaction Score
Quite the revelation from Ms. McGraw that Niele Ivey recruited her own teammates on the 2001 championship team. :rolleyes:

I also suppose, then, that Xavier lied in its 2002 announcement of McGuff as their new head coach:

While at Notre Dame, McGuff assisted with the day-to-day operations of the office, the planning of practices and the coordination of Irish recruiting and scouting efforts.​

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow, shots fired. This rivalry could be turning genuinely nasty. Might be rivaling the good ol' days of Geno vs. Pat.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
The problem is, coaches have too many assistants. If they didn't have so many, they could concentrate on coaching and not criticizing others.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Another gem from the article:

"Women who have never played for a female coach might not see themselves as leadership material, she [McGraw] adds."​
My response:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Now she's just getting weird and wacky. What happened to hiring the best person for a job. I do strongly support giving women opportunities in women's sports (and men's sports for that matter), but, in general, the best person should get the job. I would not support choosing to hire a man because someone thinks they will be better "because" they are a man, anymore than I support choosing a woman because someone thinks they are better simply "because" they are a woman.

I don't really view her original comments as being specifically anti Geno, though, particularly since, as you point out, his staffs have been even more women than hers. He answered her honestly, if a bit sarcastically (that, a habit I share with Geno but I get in more trouble for it at a smaller level) and then she replied in kind.

I get a feeling they no longer like each other (duh), although apparently at one time they did.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Oh so slickly, under the guise of her pseudo-feminist schtick. And that paragon of sports journalism known as SI obliges in elevating her platform.

In April, when a reporter mentioned Muffet’s dictum about all-woman staffs to Auriemma (who, like McGraw, employs only woman assistants), he said, “I hope she sends a thank you to all those guys that used to be on her staff that got her all those good players that won a championship.” ...​
“Well, I expected some sort of comment would come out of Connecticut [when I said that]. For the record, they didn’t,” McGraw says. “Carol Owens and Niele Ivey got all those good players. You can have a staff with one man on it, and people assume, oh, he must be doing the recruiting, or he must be doing Xs-and-Os.” McGraw used to employ a male assistant because she thought it was valuable for her players to see a woman supervise a man.​

I’m sure McGuff and Tsipis are happy to know the real reason they were hired.

She’s lost her mind a little bit.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Another gem from the article:

"Women who have never played for a female coach might not see themselves as leadership material, she [McGraw] adds."​
My response:

View attachment 43864

Sue Bird, captain of the USA BB Senior National Team has no leadership skills. Taurasi? Nope.

I doubt Paige Bueckers is going to lose her obvious leadership skills because she’s chosen to play for a male coach.

What is she even talking about?

Reaction Score
Muffet is an interesting study in narrow-minded thinking ... she limits her perception to gender differences and adds animosity to it ... Gino is just one target of this animosity ... she has not understood that a person is a human being first ... and that gender is a secondary characteristic ... expect more of this divisive expression, although I would hope she would come to understand the damage to others her outlook produces ...

Reaction Score
She is divisive because it serves her well. The more anti-Male sentiment she can foster in female refs, the more preferential treatment her teams will get. And her narrative may also push the NCAA to hire more female refs. To me, this crusade is the epitome of being a troll.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I’m no expert, but I think in what’s remaining of the off-season, actually recruiting a few more players to fill her roster instead of complaining about Geno would be a much better use of her time.

But what do I know?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well, if nothing else, this should add some spice to an otherwise one-sided beat down that MM’s brand new starting 5 might expect when the Irish travel to CT for their annual early season OOC matchup. :cool:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’m sure McGuff and Tsipis are happy to know the real reason they were hired.

She’s lost her mind a little bit.

Idk how this isn’t grounds for easy lawsuit. Openly admitting it was the basis of sex.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wow, shots fired. This rivalry could be turning genuinely nasty. Might be rivaling the good ol' days of Geno vs. Pat.

Could get? Geno's superior record has been like a cancer eating at Muff It for 2 decades. When she gets a strong team she let's her envy come out and play. Low class and transparent. The over the top "never will hire a man" thing sure fits the looney left of "the feminist movement", but it's illegal pandering and a horrible message.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Idk how this isn’t grounds for easy lawsuit. Openly admitting it was the basis of sex.
Almost all discrimination lawsuits are filed on the basis of charging a bias against a “protected class (minority).” Caucasian males are not considered a protected class. As a result, bias lawsuits are much more difficult to prove in these cases. Furthermore, the male coaches mentioned left ND on their own for other jobs. Clearly, there is no basis for a lawsuit.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Almost all discrimination lawsuits are filed on the basis of charging a bias against a “protected class (minority).” Caucasian males are not considered a protected class. As a result, bias lawsuits are much more difficult to prove in these cases. Furthermore, the male coaches mentioned left ND on their own for other jobs. Clearly, there is no basis for a lawsuit.

Who said "caucasian male". It's gender discrimination. The guy can be green or pink. Gender is a protected classification. Now, if Muff It said to a white male I can't hire you because I only hire black males the white guy could sue because "race" is a protected class too. "Minority" is not a protected class classification in any law I'm familiar with, though the EEOC has regulations which classify 4 racial groups as minorities who have protected status.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Please review Title VII.

You can’t discriminate on the basis of race or sex.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Who said "caucasian male". It's gender discrimination. The guy can be green or pink. Gender is a protected classification. Now, if Muff It said to a white male I can't hire you because I only hire black males the white guy could sue because "race" is a protected class too. "Minority" is not a protected class classification in any law I'm familiar with, though the EEOC has regulations which classify 4 racial groups as minorities who have protected status.
Rocky, I have to correct you. Women are a protected class, as are various races, ethnicities and old people like me. Males have never been a protected class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom