Mohamed Bamba | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Mohamed Bamba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The Mohamed Bamba Blog: White House visit, bonding with coaches, A Boogie and more

Reaction Score
His comment about being able to look back and say he's proud he spent "4" years at a school shows what this kid is about. High character kid that I think will connect with Ollie. He's not a normal 5 star recruit who is all about the hoopla. There's some substance to this kid, which gives me hope

Reaction Score
His comment about being able to look back and say he's proud he spent "4" years at a school shows what this kid is about. High character kid that I think will connect with Ollie. He's not a normal 5 star recruit who is all about the hoopla. There's some substance to this kid, which gives me hope

I hope he likes KO a little more than he mentioned in that article. I know Shaka was the HC. I don't think an elite recruit is better off going to duke or UK in terms of development but they have done an amazing job in the world of branding.

Reaction Score
"I do want a school with a great fan base and a school with a great network. I just want to be at a school that I can have a sense of pride in. I want to be able to look back and say that I was proud that I went there for four years."

Reaction Score
I have been viewing Bamba as the 5* icing on the recruiting cake, that with our existing talent, takes us on paper at least to Nat'l title contention for the 1 year he is in school. I knew he was a serious student but that USA Blog by Bamba suggests an Oakafor college attitude and multiple years in school as the 5* foundation of multiple Nat'l title chases. Now that is a key recruit. It seems too much to hope for but .... My gut tells me Harvard is a real choice for him like the top 5 center years ago that picked Colgate, (Foyle?). The fact that Bamba reads books and wants to talk about it virtually eliminates Kentucky in my mind. Thanks for the USA link. That changed my perspective.

Reaction Score
I have been viewing Bamba as the 5* icing on the recruiting cake, that with our existing talent, takes us on paper at least to Nat'l title contention for the 1 year he is in school. I knew he was a serious student but that USA Blog by Bamba suggests an Oakafor college attitude and multiple years in school as the 5* foundation of multiple Nat'l title chases. Now that is a key recruit. It seems too much to hope for but .... My gut tells me Harvard is a real choice for him like the top 5 center years ago that picked Colgate, (Foyle?). The fact that Bamba reads books and wants to talk about it virtually eliminates Kentucky in my mind. Thanks for the USA link. That changed my perspective.
Still, going to Kentucky is more of a career choice than an academic one. UK definitely doesn't just leave the conversation.

Also important to note, every kid wants to say the right thing in the media. You want to look like Bamba does. He probably is a great kid, but PR is a real thing, so you can't take everything a 17 year old says with 100% acceptance.

I want Wendell Carter to commit to Duke and really get the ball rolling.

Reaction Score
Brandon knight was a really strong student as well...still ended up at UK

Book smarts don't always trump the other recruiting pulls

Reaction Score
So Cal is in the tristate area. It's being reported only his assistant Tony Barabree will watch Hami tonight.

If he doesn't show up, he very well might, it can be perceived that he's not prioritizing him as much any more. It's crazy for him not to visit Hami considering he's in the area.

Reaction Score
Brandon knight was a really strong student as well...still ended up at UK

Book smarts don't always trump the other recruiting pulls

I can't wrap my head around the idea that people think academic reputations of, generally speaking, massive state schools, matter one iota to kids who are going to be on campus, like Brandon Knight, for about 9 months. And during that time are going to do - and be directed to do - everything in their power to free up as much time for basketball as possible.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I can't wrap my head around the idea that people think academic reputations of, generally speaking, massive state schools, matter one iota to kids who are going to be on campus, like Brandon Knight, for about 9 months. And during that time are going to do - and be directed to do - everything in their power to free up as much time for basketball as possible.
Guess Bamba is taking an official to Harvard for their basketball?

Reaction Score
Guess Bamba is taking an official to Harvard for their basketball?

Guess you don't read well. The reference was to Brandon Knight and UK, which was why I explicitly referenced state schools. There's always someone like Paesano saying, in responses to someone committing to UK, "guess he doesn't care about academics."

And Bamba is not going to Harvard anyway.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Guess you don't read well. The reference was to Brandon Knight and UK, which was why I explicitly referenced state schools. There's always someone like Paesano saying, in responses to someone committing to UK, "guess he doesn't care about academics."

And Bamba is not going to Harvard anyway.
Unless Bamba isn't included as someone who will be on campus for 9 months.

C

Chief00

It's complicated but Bamba may be our best big possibility. Since there is only a handful of decent centers in today's game - where other guys go is huge - For a true center there is no combo, playing two pg's, switching between the 2 and a 3. So one going someplace excludes another one from going there. Only perhaps UK could convince a kid of that because their coach is a snake oil salesman.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
That's a pretty cynical view of student athletes, coaching staffs and administrations. One size does not necessarily fit all.

Reaction Score
If only Brown didn't go off the deep end. Was excited for him to be the future center and watch his development. Unfortunately he was the priority center target and didn't work out and now leaves Ollie scrambling for another center in this class

Reaction Score
There has been bamba buzz since late june (check my post history) till now, wouldn't be surprised if this is down to duke and the good guys when its all said it done...which probably wont be till spring lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom