Mohamed Bamba | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Mohamed Bamba

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

No they can't. Each of the past three years KO has zeroed in on one particular target early and made him the No. 1 priority, and he's reeled in that guy each time.

You shouldn't misconstrue the original point, which is that KO has been excellent at getting that top target. Naming other guys he's missed out on elsewhere in the cycle does nothing to change or refute that position.
Stone?

C

Chief00

I almost want to start a thread about JC's recruiting misses just because you're an ass. But I have too much respect for the man to do that.

Who? Rip, Rudy, Ray, Donyell, etc?

As far as Ryan Gomes - you still bringing that up?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Really?
Yes, and it wasn't even close -- we had returning big men last season, but no returning PGs. It's pretty obvious to anyone with a sophisticated understanding of the game, and if you stick with it you might eventually get there in a decade or two.

UConn gets commit from No. 33 recruit Adams
Top-50 prospect Jalen Adams commits to UConn

Bear in mind that we continued to recruit Adams even after we signed Willie Jackson, who was at the time a top 100 talent and top 25 PG. The fact that we stayed on Adams and routinely sent the entire staff to his games tells the story.

And before anybody asks: Diallo is clearly the staff's top priority for 2017.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. And for what it's worth, Diallo was a much bigger factor for team USA than Bamba was. Bamba just has incredible upside.

C

Chief00

Yes, and it wasn't even close -- we had returning big men last season, but no returning PGs. It's pretty obvious to anyone with a sophisticated understanding of the game, and if you stick with it you might eventually get there in a decade or two.

UConn gets commit from No. 33 recruit Adams
Top-50 prospect Jalen Adams commits to UConn

Bear in mind that we continued to recruit Adams even after we signed Willie Jackson, who was at the time a top 100 talent and top 25 PG. The fact that we stayed on Adams and routinely sent the entire staff to his games tells the story.

Quite frankly - by your logic our number 1 priority was the 33rd ranked player rather than perhaps a top 5 player. Doesn't make sense to Chief.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly - by your logic our number 1 priority was the 33rd ranked player rather than perhaps a top 5 player. Doesn't make sense to Chief.
I thought everyone knew Jalen was Ollie's #1 target. I started typing this before I saw who is saying Jalen was not Ollie's #1 and of course it's Chief, I should have known.

Reaction Score
Chief can duck Chief

Reaction Score

Don't mind the hate chief. It comes with the territory. These fools probably think we are prioritizing MAL and Waters over John Petty. I bet they even think we are prioritizing Hamidou Diallo over Kris Wilkes lol.

Reaction Score
So then you would also say that Bamba is our number 1 priority this year, not Diallo, right? Because Bamba is a top 3 player and Diallo is only top 10

C

Chief00

So then you would also say that Bamba is our number 1 priority this year, not Diallo, right? Because Bamba is a top 3 player and Diallo is only top 10

We are better with Bamba than you give us credit for. Just wish the visit was when school was in session. Top 10 is different than top 33. But, quite frankly I have never been a big ratings guy - it's always the eye test to me. Ham needs to improve his shooting to truly be an elite player.

Reaction Score
We are better with Bamba than you give us credit for. Just wish the visit was when school was in session. Top 10 is different than top 33. But, quite frankly I have never been a big ratings guy - it's always the eye test to me. Ham needs to improve his shooting to truly be an elite player.
This entire train of discussion started because you equated player quality with ratings. I just can't with you....

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Not a peep about his visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads