MO stuns SC (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MO stuns SC (merged thread)

Reaction Score
Wow. Didnt see the game but huge win for Mizzou. SEC appears to be extremely deep this year, especially with LSU, Mizzou and Georgia all better than expected.

Missouri wasn’t really a bad team last year, just really young and the youth showed in a lot of their losses. Several of those losses in conference were extremely close, they’ve learned how to win those now.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
and some of youse nervous nellies been filling my ears with "how great sc or (fill in the blank) is ' these past weeks. as if. universal mediocrity, methinks.
we get healthy, and then we'll get busy. this year's champ is very much a jump ball.

sun

Reaction Score
It sounds like this SC loss was a "karma pay back" for their come from behind victory over Stanford.

Reaction Score
What has happened to Cook and Henderson ? Their offensive games seemed to have really declined. Too much emphasis on post play ?
They were a combined 6 of 31 in fga in this game.
Cook is shooting 37% in fga for the year and only 27% from 3.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Polls are meaningless now. This is turning out to be a banner year for WCB. We have reached the long awaited point were many teams can knock off the best of the best on any given night. Loads of talent, quality coaching has brought parity. What Arizona did last year will become the norm. It’s all good.

Reaction Score
Missouri did a great job taking away SCar's transition game and by packing the paint thet dared SCar's guards to shoot. Cooke and Henderson were 6-31 (2-11) for 17 pts.
SCar's guards are at their best in transition.

Reaction Score
Louisville, who lost their opener to Arizona and has since won 11 straight. Or even possibly undefeated Arizona. In any event, the rankings are completely meaningless if #1 can lose to an unranked team and still stay there.
A poll is whomever you think is the best team. For me, I can't think of anyone I would consider a favorite against SC.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
On the downside, things are looking rough for Vandy. I think 3-13 would be about as good as things could get. 2 or 1 is probably more likely.
Uh, Vandy already has nine wins this year. And only lost to #9 Arizona by 2.

Their game today against Texas A&M was postponed. They play Mizzou next on Sunday at home -- assuming both teams have enough players.

Reaction Score
Last Monday SCar had a 62 pt cushion on No 2 Stanford. Stanford plays at Wash St and Louis plays at GTech, both on Sunday. I think SCar will still be No 1 but lose their unanimous vote.

Reaction Score
Driving layup at the near buzzer to win.

But yes I think SC stays #1.
Why the hell would you think that they will stay #1? They loose to an unranked team with their best player out and only 8 players and they get to stay #1. That's bull , they should drop like every other team after a big loss !

Reaction Score
Uh, Vandy already has nine wins this year. And only lost to #9 Arizona by 2.
And they have 5 losses, including to UALR and MTSU. I think it'll be tough to win more than a few conference games.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UConn loses to an unranked team right after losing Paige. Everyone: "OMG WTH is wrong with UConn???"

SC, with all its starters healthy and playing, loses to a much worse unranked team that's missing its best player. Everyone: "Wow the SEC is an incredibly tough and deep conference!"

:mad::confused:Head bang

Reaction Score
UConn loses to an unranked team right after losing Paige. Everyone: "OMG WTH is wrong with UConn???"

seriously?
UConn looked awful in that game. And most significantly just folded down the stretch, and couldnt do anything. That was demoralizing. If they had fought but lost I wouldn't have had as many concerns as I did.

I didnt see the 1st half tonight but SC didnt look terrible in what I saw -- they definitely executed poorly at times, but they got a lot of easy baskets and they played a team that was having a good night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom