MNT’s 2022 | Page 22 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

Reaction Score
I'd be tempted to not play Ferreiera or Sargent and to simply load up the midfield and wings.

Get Weah, Aaronson, Reyna on the field. Don't take these guys away because you feel the team needs a striker.

IMO, Weah is as likely to rifle one home as Sargent or Ferriera. Plus you get more defense and possession in midfield by going without a striker.

Why force a player onto the field if he's not one of your 11 best?

I just fear our strikers are going to force us to sit Aaronson and Weah.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No Arriola or Lleget. So some of you should be happy. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'd be tempted to not play Ferreiera or Sargent and to simply load up the midfield and wings.

Get Weah, Aaronson, Reyna on the field. Don't take these guys away because you feel the team needs a striker.

IMO, Weah is as likely to rifle one home as Sargent or Ferriera. Plus you get more defense and possession in midfield by going without a striker.

I've always been in the camp of saying Weah should be starting through the middle. He can do things our strikers can't and there isn't much he can't do that they can.

Reaction Score

Not starting Aaronson would be an inexplicable decision.

So I fully expect that to happen.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I feel the same way about Reyna. If we're going to try to advance and not just show up, then the fast creative guys we have need to play.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Someone has to go to the middle for that to happen.
Reyna is the obvious choice for the middle as a withdrawn 9. Otherwise you are wasting better player for a generic striker.

CP Weah
Reyna

Mck Musah
Adams

Jedi Ream Zimm Dest
Turner

Reaction Score
Reyna is the obvious choice for the middle as a withdrawn 9. Otherwise you are wasting better player for a generic striker.

CP Weah
Reyna

Mck Musah
Adams

Jedi Ream Zimm Dest
Turner

Hace Weah come off the bench and get Aaronson on there.

The fact Berhalter likely has no plan to get Reyna, Pulisic and Aaronson in the starting 11 is why he should be launched into outer space.

Reaction Score

The fact Berhalter likely has no plan to get Reyna, Pulisic and Aaronson in the starting 11 is why he should be launched into outer space.
Weah as a winger > Aaronson, significantly I might add.

Aaronson is a great energy and pressing guy, he’s not a final ball provider or finisher (at least yet). Weah, for the Nat’l team has proven to be so.

Reaction Score

Don't be shocked. Because they can easily go with 3 midfielders and 3 forwards.

If McKennie, Adams, Musah are the 3 midfielders, you can see how Aaronson sits.

Reaction Score
Weah as a winger > Aaronson, significantly I might add.

Aaronson is a great energy and pressing guy, he’s not a final ball provider or finisher (at least yet). Weah, for the Nat’l team has proven to be so.

I’d rather have Aaronson on the field. This is soccer, formations can be dynamic.

Reaction Score
Don't be shocked. Because they can easily go with 3 midfielders and 3 forwards.

If McKennie, Adams, Musah are the 3 midfielders, you can see how Aaronson sits.

Except reportedly Musah has not been good lately.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

That works just as well. I just don't want CP in the middle where he's knocked around. Reyna, Arronson, Weah are all good options. You can even put Musah in that spot with a striker above him.

Our 6 attacking players are very interchangeable in terms of both skill sets and limitations. GGG needs to make the best of it. With 5 subs, he should be prepared with a whole 2nd unit hockey style line change if other circunstances allow it (yellow cards on D) to wear teams down. Our guys can run and since we will be giving up chances anyway and have to scramble recover, may as well try to create chaos on the other end and pinball a few in for goals. Other than the odd set piece, we aren't going to score from the build up.

Reaction Score
the fact that we are even debating who starts / plays in multiple positions is encouraging

Turner
Dest Walker Ream Jedi
Adams
Weston Musah
Pulisic Sargent Reyna

Aaronson and Weah will get plenty of opportunities but that's my XI against Wales

I love how hard it is to leave either of them out right now

ONE WEEK!!!!

Reaction Score
Aaronson has been in the best recent form of the attacking players.
He’s shackled in Ggg’s system so we’ll see what role he plays.
Enough good players for rotation to keep fresh legs in the group stage

Apparently there’s a closed-door scrimmage Thursday

Reaction Score
I'm a bit confused by the inclusion of Josh Sargent over Pefok and Pepi since he's played in exactly one game for the US team in the last year. I would have thought there was more of an upside with them; am I missing something?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm a bit confused by the inclusion of Josh Sargent over Pefok and Pepi since he's played in exactly one game for the US team in the last year. I would have thought there was more of an upside with them; am I missing something?
Playing well at Norwich. I think he's our best striker, but he's not a traditional target striker the our offense would like.

Reaction Score
Playing well at Norwich. I think he's our best striker, but he's not a traditional target striker the our offense would like.
I agree. Neither is Pepi to he fair. I’ve never been on the Pepi bandwagon, he doesn’t create at all for himself, isn’t particularly strong, fast or good in the air, and doesn’t have great touch.

Sargent is a better player right now, Pepi is young so may turn out better. But Sargent fits the team more. If Pefok kept his form from the beginning of the season he’d be in, but he’s been really poor for going on 3 months.

Still want Weah to start through the middle. A quote from him came from Grant Wahl yesterday. Wahl asked if Berhalter had been training him both on the wings and through the middle, to which Weah responded something along the lines of “You have to get that answer from Gregg.” So, it may be a possibility!

Reaction Score
Here's a good montage of Sargent that leaves out his 2 best plays of the season, IMO:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom