MNT’s 2022 | Page 20 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

Reaction Score
USA was undressed by Japan. They took the ball away form USA players when they wanted. The USA lost possession 54 times in their defensive half. Japan could have had five or six goals.

Zero shots on goal for USA. There was one brilliant run by Dest where he crossed and put the ball perfectly to Ferriera. You could have put it in the net. Jesus somehow managed to head it over the bar. Why is he on the roster? Once again Sargent produced activity but little else. And Pefok sits home. Insanity.

Reaction Score
USA was undressed by Japan. They took the ball away form USA players when they wanted. The USA lost possession 54 times in their defensive half. Japan could have had five or six goals.

Zero shots on goal for USA. There was one brilliant run by Dest where he crossed and put the ball perfectly to Ferriera. You could have put it in the net. Jesus somehow managed to head it over the bar. Why is he on the roster? Once again Sargent produced activity but little else. And Pefok sits home. Insanity.

Keeping Berhalter at this point is like letting a drunk friend drive you home just because you’ve been out to dinner with him for the last three hours. It’s tantamount to suicide.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Keeping Berhalter at this point is like letting a drunk friend drive you home just because you’ve been out to dinner with him for the last three hours. It’s tantamount to suicide.
Well they are not changing him out a couple months before the World Cup. If (big IF) they crash and burn in Qatar, there might be a change. The powers that be definitely won't want to look bad on our own turf in 2026.

Reaction Score
Well they are not changing him out a couple months before the World Cup. If (big IF) they crash and burn in Qatar, there might be a change. The powers that be definitely won't want to look bad on our own turf in 2026.

Yup. USSF would rather have a disaster with Berhalter than without him in 2022.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Really rough showing. There is enough talent to make the knockout stages from their group, but they have to start coming together. I wonder how much of this has to do with not playing enough together with all their top players.

Reaction Score
Really rough showing. There is enough talent to make the knockout stages from their group, but they have to start coming together. I wonder how much of this has to do with not playing enough together with all their top players.

It’s mostly picking the wrong players and dumb Berhalter tactics that don’t match the skill sets of our players.

Reaction Score
It’s mostly picking the wrong players and dumb Berhalter tactics that don’t match the skill sets of our players.
Yup, it’s 80% coaching. They use tactics that make sense for an under talented, overreaching college team, but not for a team that’s trying to make some noise at the World Cup.

I truly hope I’m wrong on this, but Greg just ain’t the guy.

Reaction Score
Yup, it’s 80% coaching. They use tactics that make sense for an under talented, overreaching college team, but not for a team that’s trying to make some noise at the World Cup.

You’re not wrong, you’re just comically late in realizing it. Before he came to the USMNT he’d never won a damn thing,

I wouldn’t even mention college soccer. College soccer is a joke and a dead end that is just a welfare system for coaches.

Reaction Score
You’re not wrong, you’re just comically late in realizing it. Before he came to the USMNT he’d never won a damn thing,

I wouldn’t even mention college soccer. College soccer is a joke and a dead end that is just a welfare system for coaches.
So, do you like Berhalter or not?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I hate that feeling. It's like when the FB team rehired Edsall. One knew he was a disaster from the opening presser. Then you spend the next 5 years hoping you're wrong but you weren't.

Reaction Score

How am I comically late on realizing this? I’ve been out on Greg for awhile.

Reaction Score
I was 5 minutes away from driving up for that game, but had a gut feeling that I should stay home, BBQ, and drink Hefeweizen instead. Good choice.

Reaction Score
5B842E9D-F3B7-4FE2-829F-0F30208667DF.jpeg

Reaction Score
Get rid of him now. Get someone who knows how to use these players correctly. Pick a system that fits the players. Don’t try to fit the players into a system.

Get him out. Now.

Reaction Score
USSF - don't be shy you can fire him now

Swedish club Hammarby IF have elected to terminate Gregg Berhalter’s managerial contract at the halfway point of the season, citing a lacklustre offensive showing.

Berhalter’s contract was due to expire at the end of the season, but the board at Hammarby decided that change was needed in order to avoid missing out on promotion.

“Gregg has brought order to our defensive game and has good discipline in the squad, but unfortunately we have not seen good enough dividends in the offence,” Hammarby chairman Kent Hertzell told the club’s official website. “Therefore, we chose to terminate cooperation with Gregg. We believe that we need to get a new force and new voice on the team.”

Reaction Score
USSF - don't be shy you can fire him now

Swedish club Hammarby IF have elected to terminate Gregg Berhalter’s managerial contract at the halfway point of the season, citing a lacklustre offensive showing.

Berhalter’s contract was due to expire at the end of the season, but the board at Hammarby decided that change was needed in order to avoid missing out on promotion.

“Gregg has brought order to our defensive game and has good discipline in the squad, but unfortunately we have not seen good enough dividends in the offence,” Hammarby chairman Kent Hertzell told the club’s official website. “Therefore, we chose to terminate cooperation with Gregg. We believe that we need to get a new force and new voice on the team.”

Get ready for a 3-6-1 formation.

Reaction Score
That made me laugh. Wonder if zardes could have had a patented "off the side of his head" goal this window

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ream is generally a weak link but he's more predictable than any of our other center backs.

Most of Fulham's goals agaisnt have Ream trailing or out of position, but his partnership with Robinson should make him an option over Long or any of the others.

Reaction Score
Ream is generally a weak link but he's more predictable than any of our other center backs.

Most of Fulham's goals agaisnt have Ream trailing or out of position, but his partnership with Robinson should make him an option over Long or any of the others.
He’s been great for Fulham this season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom