MNT’s 2022 | Page 18 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

Reaction Score
I mean, if you watched the game it was incredibly apparent that Musah is on another level skill wise and being a ball carrier, he was our best player by miles. Puli on the other hand, didn't play that well, at least not up to his standards.

You’re talking about the game in the muddy cow pasture?

Reaction Score
You’re talking about the game in the muddy cow pasture?
Yeah and the fact he showed his ability on that field, driving past opponents on the regular, shows his quality. I don't know how you didn't see it, unless you actually didn't watch. He was being lauded by everyone.

Reaction Score
Musah is sensational but he does NOT affect the game the way Pulisic does. Musah does not use his teammates well and he doesn't finish. If (hopefully when) he improves in these areas, he will be an elite player. He oozes talent.

However, I could make a defensible case that De La Torre should start in front of Musah. He is good on the ball. Rarely turns it over. And he sees the field and uses his teammates much better than Musah. Last night, Musah had an incredible individual game. Torre served a perfect ball to a teammate and saved the night.

We really dont have to cover the fact that only a handful of players in history have had as big an impact on the USMNT as CP.

That's a great post. As a Spurs fan, at the moment Musah is Lucas Moura. He looks unbelievable carrying the ball forward, but at the end of the day isn't a good enough passer or finisher to actually produce an end product. Unlike Moura, Musah is young and has the time and talent to have the great dribbling translate into goals and assists. And yes, without showing nearly as dramatically, de la Torre creates good opportunities for others.

Reaction Score
I wasn't saying that he was more impactful or better than CP. That would be a detriment to CP's ability, and Musah is only 19 so we better hope that Musah isn't better than him. Musah needs to finish better and needs to release the ball sooner, no doubt. But I will take the growing pains with a kid who LOVES carrying the ball/taking people on, we certainly aren't rich in that department.

As for starting LDLT over Musah, that is insane to me. If anyone in the midfield should be benched, its Adams. Love the kid and still think he has a great future, but he has been pretty poor for club and country in 2022. LDLT has been great in doses, and I think he should've started more this window, but him over Musah is ridiculous to me, especially after Musah had a great window here.

I don't think Adams is coming out of the lineup barring injury. But if you took him out, isn't the obvious answer to let Weston play his spot further back, opening up a spot for Aaronson or DLT in addition to Musah?

Reaction Score
I don't think Adams is coming out of the lineup barring injury. But if you took him out, isn't the obvious answer to let Weston play his spot further back, opening up a spot for Aaronson or DLT in addition to Musah?

Adams is the only true 6 we have. I want Adams on so that Weston can get forward and do Weston things.

Reaction Score
Why are Pulisic, Weah, Musah and Adams playing in this game?

What is this ridiculous tournament?

Get them out of there.

Who cares?

Stupid

The combination of the weather, the field and the bizarre refereeing where he acted like intentional or multiple fouls couldn't possibly lead to a yellow card made it impossible to take anything from the game. I limit conclusions to three points:

1. The U.S., while not capitalizing on the increased individual skill levels from our last World Cup nearly as much as we'd like, at least still cares and fights hard. Now if grittiness could be paired with a good utilization of individual skills ....

2. Horvath blew his chance. Unless he's playing regularly for Notts Forest in the fall, I expect Sean Johnson to be the #3. Not saying that's a good thing (I still blame Johnson for giving up our Olympic Spot 10 years ago) but ....

3. Interesting that posts recognize DLT's assist off the bench, and the teams grittiness, and not one of you Europhiles even had the intellectual integrity to type the name "Jordan Morris." And if there was one spot for one of Morris or Arriola, I think Morris grabbed it. (I'm fine, by the way, if everyone is healthy and there isn't a sport for either of them.)

Reaction Score
Taking a step back, it's hard to believe that 5 years ago we were debating who to pair with lineup stalwart Michael Bradley in the midfield and talking ourselves into believing that Jozy Altidore was the answer up front.

The upgrade in talent in half a decade has been breathtaking and we are in really good shape for the next 8+ years.

Reaction Score
The combination of the weather, the field and the bizarre refereeing where he acted like intentional or multiple fouls couldn't possibly lead to a yellow card made it impossible to take anything from the game. I limit conclusions to three points:

1. The U.S., while not capitalizing on the increased individual skill levels from our last World Cup nearly as much as we'd like, at least still cares and fights hard. Now if grittiness could be paired with a good utilization of individual skills ....

2. Horvath blew his chance. Unless he's playing regularly for Notts Forest in the fall, I expect Sean Johnson to be the #3. Not saying that's a good thing (I still blame Johnson for giving up our Olympic Spot 10 years ago) but ....

3. Interesting that posts recognize DLT's assist off the bench, and the teams grittiness, and not one of you Europhiles even had the intellectual integrity to type the name "Jordan Morris." And if there was one spot for one of Morris or Arriola, I think Morris grabbed it. (I'm fine, by the way, if everyone is healthy and there isn't a sport for either of them.)

I was afraid to mention Morris because I was afraid I would be mauled by a cougar.

Reaction Score
I don’t think he should come out. I think he’s very important and does a job no one else in our pool can. He’s just in a rough patch. Going to need him to break up play against teams like England. But getting LDLT more minutes shouldn’t take away from Musah. I would’ve rested McKennie a bit more this window as he hasn’t played in so long.

Reaction Score
All credit to Jordan Morris for scoring the equalizer. But it's still just CONCACAF competition, and he has yet to prove himself against higher level opponents, especially since his 2nd ACL. Musah is incredibly tantalizing with what he shows-as others have stated, without end product in terms of passing or scoring, others may be better suited to see the field, especially considering matchups; he's an NFL offense that can move the ball from the 20 to the other 20, yet can't score. It will be interesting to see where Luca de la Torre will move to this summer, since he's indicated that he's moving on from Heracles Almelo, and see if he can make the case for himself as a starter/super-sub for the World Cup at his new club. Pulisic really needs to be replaced as the main corner/free-kick taker; his just aren't very good. Horvath-oh man, I think that shot-cross would have surprised other keepers as well, but he still should have been positioned and reacted better.

@businesslawyer, what do you think of Son being left off the PFA Team of the Year, as a Spurs fan?

Reaction Score
All credit to Jordan Morris for scoring the equalizer. But it's still just CONCACAF competition, and he has yet to prove himself against higher level opponents, especially since his 2nd ACL. Musah is incredibly tantalizing with what he shows-as others have stated, without end product in terms of passing or scoring, others may be better suited to see the field, especially considering matchups; he's an NFL offense that can move the ball from the 20 to the other 20, yet can't score. It will be interesting to see where Luca de la Torre will move to this summer, since he's indicated that he's moving on from Heracles Almelo, and see if he can make the case for himself as a starter/super-sub for the World Cup at his new club. Pulisic really needs to be replaced as the main corner/free-kick taker; his just aren't very good. Horvath-oh man, I think that shot-cross would have surprised other keepers as well, but he still should have been positioned and reacted better.

@businesslawyer, what do you think of Son being left off the PFA Team of the Year, as a Spurs fan?

I think it's absurd. There weren't more than two players in the attacking half of the field -- de Bruyne and Salah -- who had better years than him, and you could make the case that he was better this season than either given the vastly superior quality they both play with.

Having said that, if there's one think I'm fairly consistent with on this Board is I don't really give a rat's butt what coaches, writers or anyone else says and thinks. What happens on the field/court/pitch/diamond I can care about deeply, but other people's opinion's on it -- not so much. I didn't give two seconds worry to him being left off.

Reaction Score
As is adultery!
I seriously hope there isn't a Harkes vs. Wynalda, 2022 edition; although given how young the team is, I don't think many of them are actually married.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Potential good news, The Athletic says that City is looking for a spot to loan Zack Steffen "in order to get Steffen more consistent first-team minutes to aid his development." They also said a sale has not been ruled out.

Reaction Score
Potential good news, The Athletic says that City is looking for a spot to loan Zack Steffen "in order to get Steffen more consistent first-team minutes to aid his development." They also said a sale has not been ruled out.
He’s gone to Middlesborough.

Turner is still better

Reaction Score
First order of duty, don't let CP take another corner PLEASE.
CP probably has the skill to take a corner. But whatever they are practicing rarely comes close to threatening the goal.

I think Acosta has done a pretty good job on set pieces for the NT. There are probably a lot of guys that could do a good job if we had a better idea what we're doing.

Reaction Score
CP probably has the skill to take a corner. But whatever they are practicing rarely comes close to threatening the goal.

I think Acosta has done a pretty good job on set pieces for the NT. There are probably a lot of guys that could do a good job if we had a better idea what we're doing.
His delivery in general is almost never in a dangerous area. Wouldn’t mind Weah taking some, he can hit the ball so well, but he is pretty good in the air too so that would take him away.

Reaction Score
big ups to GGG for getting out of his own way and making this hire (if it was his choice to bring a coach in with this skillset)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom