MNT’s 2022 | Page 37 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

Reaction Score
People blaming GB for what Reyna’s parents did is…weird. This isn’t peewee soccer, the parents can’t just whine and get their way. This is a terrible look for the Reyna’s and they really should be criticized much more.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
People blaming GB for what Reyna’s parents did is…weird. This isn’t peewee soccer, the parents can’t just whine and get their way. This is a terrible look for the Reyna’s and they really should be criticized much more.
No, I think most people are blaming Gregg for what Gregg did. Gregg did plenty wrong, no need to blame him for what the Reynas did.

I do think there are a lot of people, incorrectly blaming Gio for what his parents did.

Reaction Score
No, I think most people are blaming Gregg for what Gregg did. Gregg did plenty wrong, no need to blame him for what the Reynas did.

I do think there are a lot of people, incorrectly blaming Gio for what his parents did.
Gio isn’t without fault either. The team and staff were getting sick of him because he was pouting and being a bad teammate.

Reaction Score
Gio isn’t without fault either. The team and staff were getting sick of him because he was pouting and being a bad teammate.
And he rightfully got chewed out by his coaches and teammates for it. Everything seemed to have worked itself out until Berhalter went public with that information.

The supposed adults in the room (Gregg and Gio’s parents) are acting like children, and it’s embarrassing for everyone involved.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
But that was supposedly done and dusted. He apologized for that and by all accounts got back to work.

Haven't heard anyone else apologize for this mess. (maybe I missed it)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Don't believe this mess started at the WC or Gregg's comments. I'm sure the Reyna's were in his ear for months.

Reaction Score

You’re not up to date.

Supposedly that issue was dead and Berhalter used what he did to Gio as in his own words “a shining example…” in his little Harvard Business Review TED talk.

Which of course brought the whole thing back to life and this triggered Danielle.

Reaction Score
You’re not up to date.

Supposedly that issue was dead and Berhalter used what he did to Gio as in his own words “a shining example…” in his little Harvard Business Review TED talk.

Which of course brought the whole thing back to life and this triggered Danielle.
To bring up something that had been dealt with…30 years ago. To smear Berhalter’s name. When the two families had been friends for that time and more.

I’m not GGG fan, but Gio’s parents, maybe just his mom, are fully in the wrong.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
To bring up something that had been dealt with…30 years ago. To smear Berhalter’s name. When the two families had been friends for that time and more.

You need to see it from Danielle's POV. (not saying she was in the right, but maybe understandable)

According to her, she didn't bring it up to "threaten", it was more bringing it up as Gregg was a hypocritical . In her mind, she knew what Gregg did to her roommate years ago. She said it took a long time to "forgive" him for that. She was probably thinking, we forgave you all those years ago (for something much worse) and you got the balls to drag my kid through the mud after it was all supposed to be done? @$%$ you Gregg!

Still shouldn't have called Earnie. Should have just waited til their next dinner party with Gregg and then let him have it.

Reaction Score
You need to see it from Danielle's POV. (not saying she was in the right, but maybe understandable)

According to her, she didn't bring it up to "threaten", it was more bringing it up as Gregg was a hypocritical . In her mind, she knew what Gregg did to her roommate years ago. She said it took a long time to "forgive" him for that. She was probably thinking, we forgave you all those years ago (for something much worse) and you got the balls to drag my kid through the mud after it was all supposed to be done? @$%$ you Gregg!

Still shouldn't have called Earnie. Should have just waited til their next dinner party with Gregg and then let him have it.
They are completely unrelated and 30 years apart. And that situation with Gregg and his wife is not about Danielle, as much as she wants to be part of it. What he did was awful, and that shouldn’t happen ever, but he and his wife got through it in therapy and time.

Calling Ernie as a revenge tactic is absolutely abhorrent behavior. This may end up hurting Gio more than anything.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They are completely unrelated and 30 years apart.
Not necessarily in Danielle's mind. They were both about apology and forgiveness and moving on.

And that situation with Gregg and his wife is not about Danielle, as much as she wants to be part of it.
It was her roommate and best friend. If someone was to abuse your best friend, it would affect you.

but he and his wife got through it in therapy and time.
Doesn't mean everyone else did though. Especially if that same person does something AGAIN to someone closer to you.

Calling Ernie as a revenge tactic is absolutely abhorrent behavior. This may end up hurting Gio more than anything. Especially when you considered that person a friend.
Mama bears can be vengeful. Not right, but understandable. It may cause some problems with Gio and his parents, but I think they'll figure that out. Shouldn't affect him at all with the NT. (As long as hopefully Gregg is not brought back....otherwise it'll be awkward. Let's hope Gregg is done with the NT. For this and many other reasons.)

Reaction Score
Not necessarily in Danielle's mind. They were both about apology and forgiveness and moving on.

It was her roommate and best friend. If someone was to abuse your best friend, it would affect you.

Doesn't mean everyone else did though. Especially if that same person does something AGAIN to someone closer to you.

Mama bears can be vengeful. Not right, but understandable. It may cause some problems with Gio and his parents, but I think they'll figure that out. Shouldn't affect him at all with the NT. (As long as hopefully Gregg is not brought back....otherwise it'll be awkward. Let's hope Gregg is done with the NT. For this and many other reasons.)
I think after 30 years, and not being directly involved herself, she should have moved on. Gregg evidently has not displayed as if that was a habitual behavior of his. His wife has fully moved on. Just seems like Danielle is making it about herself a bit with this type of response. It was fully because of spite, and that’s wrong.

Reaction Score

Yeah. She used it as an example as to why it was so ridiculous to bring up what happened at the World Cup, which was something that should have never left the locker room.

Gregg should be crucified for violating the trust of his team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think after 30 years, and not being directly involved herself, she should have moved on. Gregg evidently has not displayed as if that was a habitual behavior of his. His wife has fully moved on. Just seems like Danielle is making it about herself a bit with this type of response. It was fully because of spite, and that’s wrong.
Ehhh, I imagine she was pretty involved at the time it happened. She probably knows almost as much as Gregg and Rosalind do about it. Remember she was "reportedly" Rosalind's best friend and roommate when this happened.

It might have been spite she brought it up, but in response to Gregg being a hypocrite about it.

Reaction Score
It’s just crazy that the most influential people in US Soccer are a bunch of 50 somethings who played ACC D1 soccer in the late ‘80s/‘90s. The sport is being run by a clique.

Time to get some real pros in charge.

Reaction Score
Yeah. She used it as an example as to why it was so ridiculous to bring up what happened at the World Cup, which was something that should have never left the locker room.

Gregg should be crucified for violating the trust of his team.
I agree it was ridiculous what he did. But that doesn’t mean she should have done this. It hurts the whole USMNT program that Gio was being whiny and his parents stepped in and broke this story. I don’t know how anyone isn’t stressing how idiotic of them it was to do all this. Just because Gio is a great player and Gregg isn’t a great coach, you’re giving them a pass and blaming Gregg.

Reaction Score
I agree it was ridiculous what he did. But that doesn’t mean she should have done this. It hurts the whole USMNT program that Gio was being whiny and his parents stepped in and broke this story. I don’t know how anyone isn’t stressing how idiotic of them it was to do all this. Just because Gio is a great player and Gregg isn’t a great coach, you’re giving them a pass and blaming Gregg.

Gregg doesn’t leak this saga about Gio and this never happens. Gregg is a narcissist who used Gio to flex about his “shining beacon of leadership”.

Claudio and Danielle aren’t officials in the Federation and all Danielle did was tell the truth. Even if she did it in an unsavory fashion.

Reaction Score
Gregg doesn’t leak this saga about Gio and this never happens. Gregg is a narcissist who used Gio to flex about his “shining beacon of leadership”.

Claudio and Danielle aren’t officials in the Federation and all Danielle did was tell the truth. Even if she did it in an unsavory fashion.
02B3C608-C1BD-4E8E-AE0D-3DC29E3AFC38.jpeg

I get it. You hate GGG. You’re being biased.

Reaction Score
View attachment 82773
I get it. You hate GGG. You’re being biased.

If I move my lips really slowly will you understand?

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT GIO’S PARENTS DID.

Literally none of this happens if Greggg doesn’t have terrible man management.

I don’t care if Claudio and Danielle take a dump on Gregg’s front porch.

Greggg guy created a bad situation by messing with Gio before the Cup even started. Then he benched him when we needed him against Wales.

Then after some gyrations and getting eliminated he uses Gio as sone sort of leadership vignette which further humiliates the player.

I don’t care about the parents! And neither should you. The guy with all the power in this situation messed up.

Reaction Score
If I move my lips really slowly will you understand?

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT GIO’S PARENTS DID.

Literally none of this happens if Greggg doesn’t have terrible man management.

I don’t care if Claudio and Danielle take a dump on Gregg’s front porch.

Greggg guy created a bad situation by messing with Gio before the Cup even started. Then he benched him when we needed him against Wales.

Then after some gyrations and getting eliminated he uses Gio as sone sort of leadership vignette which further humiliates the player.

I don’t care about the parents! And neither should you. The guy with all the power in this situation messed up.
So the retaliation to belittle the coach and the program doesn’t matter. Alright, got it.

Reaction Score
So the retaliation to belittle the coach and the program doesn’t matter. Alright, got it.

Retaliation. None of it happens if Greg doesn't make a stupid decision and then defend it in public by throwing a player under the bus.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom