MNT’s 2022 | Page 36 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It’s just you.
Maybe others need to be a bit more realistic.

Mexico has repeatedly demonstrated that we need to be near our best to be slightly better than them (which seldom happens). Japan showed quite a bit during the world cup a few weeks back, Uruguay and Denmark are always tough, Germany is still Germany, even if they did have a disappointing cup performance.
It's not likely that we'll ever reach the point where we could be considered peers. Is anyone really confident that we could show we are anything beyond slightly ahead of Colombia and Senegal?

We may have a few too many dreamers out there.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
No way we are better than Japan right now.

Reaction Score

Mexico has repeatedly demonstrated that we need to be near our best to be slightly better than them (which seldom happens). Japan showed quite a bit during the world cup a few weeks back, Uruguay and Denmark are always tough, Germany is still Germany, even if they did have a disappointing cup performance.
It's not likely that we'll ever reach the point where we could be considered peers. Is anyone really confident that we could show we are anything beyond slightly ahead of Colombia and Senegal?

Germany isn’t Germany is the thing. They don’t have a striker just like us, they’re defense just isn’t great, and our midfield matches up very well against theirs.

I’d say we are better than Uruguay and Denmark. Denmark is aging and that showed in the group stage, same with Uruguay.

We’re better than Mexico on any field that isn’t the Azteca.

Japan is better than us.

Reaction Score

You need to touch grass.

It’s not 2002 or 2006. We can put 11 players on the field now that play first division soccer in Europe.

Our dum dum manager made them look worse than they are.

Reaction Score

I think the worm has turned. We have been fielding teams that give Mexico everything they can handle. And we ain't going to get worse, young guys are popping up allover the place.

Reaction Score
I think the worm has turned. We have been fielding teams that give Mexico everything they can handle. And we ain't going to get worse, young guys are popping up allover the place.

I don’t know what he’s even talking about.

In the 2000s we were 10-2-4 against Mexico.

We eliminated Mexico from the World Cup in 2002.

In the 2010s we were 4-4-5 against Mexico.

In the 2020s so far we have yet to lose to Mexico. The record is 3-1-0 with us scoring 6 goals to their 2.

It’s not like they have been any better than us for the past 20 years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico–United_States_soccer_rivalry#Summary

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
You need to touch grass.

It’s not 2002 or 2006. We can put 11 players on the field now that play first division soccer in Europe.

Our dum dum manager made them look worse than they are.
How many Germans play first division soccer in Europe?

What is our record vs Mexico over the past half dozen years?

Of greater importance; how many of the other seven nations that I mentioned are you confident that we could out perform in a tournament setting? I wouldn't go higher than three.

Reaction Score
How many Germans play first division soccer in Europe?

What is our record vs Mexico over the past half dozen years?

Of greater importance; how many of the other seven nations that I mentioned are you confident that we could out perform in a tournament setting? I wouldn't go higher than three.
We’re not talking about the last half dozen years though, we’re talking about ability now. We have a better overall roster than Mexico. That doesn’t mean they couldn’t beat us, but I say we are better 6.5-7/10 times.

As I said, the only team there that I think would overwhelm us is Japan, funnily enough they are last ranked out of that group. That’s because we JUST played them and they destroyed us.

Denmark and Uruguay aren’t scary for anyone anymore.

Reaction Score
Recent meetings

USA v. Mexico 2022 - one match which was a 0-0 draw in WC qualifying.
USA v. Mexico 2021 - USA won all three 2-0, 1-0, 3-2

Mexico's last win was pre-pandemic. 2019

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Read the post right above yours, this information was provided to you and it doesn't help your insane argument
So if the window needs to be limited to the most immediate results, I can then believe that you hold the stance that Canada is ahead of the US.

Reaction Score
So if the window needs to be limited to the most immediate results, I can then believe that you hold the stance that Canada is ahead of the US.

I posted results from the last 20 years.

Reaction Score
You limited the window when you asked the question

Reaction Score
Canada and the USMNT have been pretty equal over the past few years. Canada's top few players are the equal or, perhaps, better than the USA. But they are not as deep as the USA. I wouldn't put them ahead of the USA. And the USA has a brighter future by far with the large number of young USA internationals.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
We finished third in qualifying, behind Canada and Mexico. We advanced further than both in the WC. Interpret those facts as you wish

To me we don't play to our potential and have a couple gaping holes in the player pool.

Reaction Score

This is insane. The Reyna’s really are a * show. All because their spoiled kid didn’t get as many minutes as they hoped.

Awful look

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
So Gio's international career is over because his mommy called USSF to say the coach was being mean to him? Quite the faceplant by the Reyna's. Claudio is not getting invited to any reunions, either. Whatever one might think of GG and his lineups, Reyna wasn't so much better and fit that he could overcome that level of entitlement. Heck, Renaldo nearly got himself sent home.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

This is insane. The Reyna’s really are a * show. All because their spoiled kid didn’t get as many minutes as they hoped.

Awful look

Eh not so sure about that. There's seems to be a lot more of the story (or at least differing stories) than what ESPN put out there in their story you linked.

The Athletic had a more detailed version and subsequently ESPN has changed their story to match more with The Athletic's.

Ms Reyna went off (not publicly) to Earnie Stewart after Gregg had talked about Gio (publicly) after, supposedly it was all over and done with. And in her pissed off rant to Earnie she (according to her) mentioned Gio was supposed to be forgiven and Gregg had done something much worse (physically abused his then girlfriend) at the same age and had been forgiven.

It wasn't Claudio who threatened to reveal sensitive info. (And it doesn't seem like Ms Reyna "threatened to reveal" either. Although it seems (reported now and backed up by him) that he did email some of his buddies at USSF and complained about how Gio was being used. (probably something a lot of us would have done if we personally knew someone in USSF)

They are all really to blame on this one.

Gregg shouldn't have abused his girlfriend.
Gregg shouldn't have put Gio on a shelf before the WC started.
Gio shouldn't have pouted about not playing.
Claudio shouldn't have been emailing about Gio's playing time.
Gregg shouldn't have thrown Gio under the bus after Gio had apologized.
Ms Reyna shouldn't have called Earnie and went off and included the info about Gregg. (after he heard I think Earnie/USSF pretty much had to do an investigation) (I can give her a little leeway here though, cause it's a mamabear protecting her baby. And it sounds like she may not have ever really gotten over/forgiven Gregg for what he did to her roommate/friend.)

Reaction Score
Eh not so sure about that. There's seems to be a lot more of the story (or at least differing stories) than what ESPN put out there in their story you linked.

The Athletic had a more detailed version and subsequently ESPN has changed their story to match more with The Athletic's.

Ms Reyna went off (not publicly) to Earnie Stewart after Gregg had talked about Gio (publicly) after, supposedly it was all over and done with. And in her pissed off rant to Earnie she (according to her) mentioned Gio was supposed to be forgiven and Gregg had done something much worse (physically abused his then girlfriend) at the same age and had been forgiven.

It wasn't Claudio who threatened to reveal sensitive info. (And it doesn't seem like Ms Reyna "threatened to reveal" either. Although it seems (reported now and backed up by him) that he did email some of his buddies at USSF and complained about how Gio was being used. (probably something a lot of us would have done if we personally knew someone in USSF)

They are all really to blame on this one.

Gregg shouldn't have abused his girlfriend.
Gregg shouldn't have put Gio on a shelf before the WC started.
Gio shouldn't have pouted about not playing.
Claudio shouldn't have been emailing about Gio's playing time.
Gregg shouldn't have thrown Gio under the bus after Gio had apologized.
Ms Reyna shouldn't have called Earnie and went off and included the info about Gregg. (after he heard I think Earnie/USSF pretty much had to do an investigation) (I can give her a little leeway here though, cause it's a mamabear protecting her baby. And it sounds like she may not have ever really gotten over/forgiven Gregg for what he did to her roommate/friend.)

The Athletic article is what I trust more. They aren’t as beholden to the Fed and MLS. And if Danielle and Claudio are lying then it would be easy for Earnie Brian McBride to show that,

They all look bad. But you can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube and thus must be the last straw for Berhalter,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom