MNT’s 2022 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

Reaction Score
Would love to see some of our guys make an impact in attacking/creative roles in Spain. Most technically sound league in the world

Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind seeing de la Torre manage to steal a midfield spot from the MMA guys; at this point, Musah, McKennie, and Adams are Berhalter's favorites, so even if he outperforms them it may not be possible, but I think Luca brings a little bit extra bit of possession/class/awareness that Adams in particular lacks, but I understand that Tyler's defensive value may be too much of a comfort blanket for Greg to give up on.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind seeing de la Torre manage to steal a midfield spot from the MMA guys; at this point, Musah, McKennie, and Adams are Berhalter's favorites, so even if he outperforms them it may not be possible, but I think Luca brings a little bit extra bit of possession/class/awareness that Adams in particular lacks, but I understand that Tyler's defensive value may be too much of a comfort blanket for Greg to give up on.
Obviously MMA is pretty entrenched as the starting midfield, but the beginning of the domestic seasons are going to determine a lot of things. McKennie is a lock IMO, if Adams doesn't improve on last season, he may become expendable, but he will be playing in a familiar system in the toughest league in the world, so he should learn a lot. Hopefully Musah keeps getting consistent minutes with Valencia, I've been on record numerous times with my praise of his abilities.

But if LDT gets starters minutes for a good team in La Liga, he will have something to say about that midfield. Either way, with him and even BA having the versatility to slot into the midfield, we have a ton of options.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Greg calls in squad for September friendlies (Japan and Saudi Arabia). Last chance to look at players before the World Cup.

GK - Matt Turner, Sean Johnson, Ethan Horvath
DF - DeAndre Yedlin, Walker Zimmerman, Aaron Long, Reggie Cannon, Sergino Dest, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Sam Vines, Chris Richards, Joe Scally
MF - Kellyn Acosta, Weston McKennie, Tyler Adams, Yunus Musah, Luca de la Torre, Malik Tillman
FW - Christian Pulisic, Jordan Morris, Paul Arriola, Brenden Aaronson, Josh Sargent, Jesus Ferreira, Giovanni Reyna, Ricardo Pepi

I believe Zach Steffen, Miles Robinson, Jedi Robinson, and Timothy Weah are all injured right now. Miles is out, out. Not sure about the others.

Reaction Score
Greg calls in squad for September friendlies (Japan and Saudi Arabia). Last chance to look at players before the World Cup.

DF - DeAndre Yedlin, Walker Zimmerman, Aaron Long, Reggie Cannon, Sergino Dest, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Sam Vines, Chris Richards, Joe Scally
MF - Kellyn Acosta, Weston McKennie, Tyler Adams, Yunus Musah, Luca de la Torre, Malik Tillman
FW - Christian Pulisic, Jordan Morris, Paul Arriola, Brenden Aaronson, Josh Sargent, Jesus Ferreira, Giovanni Reyna, Ricardo Pepi

I believe Zach Steffen, Miles Robinson, Jedi Robinson, and Timothy Weah are all injured right now. Miles is out, out. Not sure about the others.

Pefok?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Pefok?

Not invited. A few guys are injured and will be back so this isn't the final group for Qatar, but otherwise if you're not here, you're likely out.

GGG needs to figure out how to get Pulisic, McKennie, Reyna, Arronson, Adams and Musah all on the field at the same time. Maybe try CP and GR in front of Arronson at the top of a 4-4-2 diamond. McKennie and Musah can play CM with Adams behind.

I don't see how this isn't our best lineup, even though it's Hobbit sized.

Reaction Score
Not invited. A few guys are injured and will be back so this isn't the final group for Qatar, but otherwise if you're not here, you're likely out.

GGG needs to figure out how to get Pulisic, McKennie, Reyna, Arronson, Adams and Musah all on the field at the same time. Maybe try CP and GR in front of Arronson at the top of a 4-4-2 diamond. McKennie and Musah can play CM with Adams behind.

I don't see how this isn't our best lineup, even though it's Hobbit sized.
It can't work, we need a striker, or someone that plays in a striker-type role. And as of right now, Reyna can't start. He needs full fitness. If he gets that consistently before November, we can revisit.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It can't work, we need a striker, or someone that plays in a striker-type role. And as of right now, Reyna can't start. He needs full fitness. If he gets that consistently before November, we can revisit.
I can imagine we could make it work, but not if the offense is going to continue down the wings with lots of crosses as it has. I still think we could try Musah at striker. Reyna is better as an attacking CM than a wing, but McKennie is there.

Reaction Score
I can imagine we could make it work, but not if the offense is going to continue down the wings with lots of crosses as it has. I still think we could try Musah at striker. Reyna is better as an attacking CM than a wing, but McKennie is there.
Musah as a striker? Are you sure you're not mixing him up with someone? He's a B2B mid/Outside mid, and has no goalscoring prowess. Weah maybe you were thinking of?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

CCV and Richards out injured, Erik Palmer-Brown and Mark McKenzie in.

Yunus Musah out injured, Johnnie Cardoso in.

1st game Friday 09/23 vs Japan at 08:25 EDST on ESPN2
2nd game on Tues 09/27 vs Saudi Arabia at 14:00 EDST on FS1

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Musah as a striker? Are you sure you're not mixing him up with someone? He's a B2B mid/Outside mid, and has no goalscoring prowess. Weah maybe you were thinking of?
Yeah, it was Weah I was thinking of.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Starting lineup today.

Turner
Dest - Zimmerman - Long - Vines
De la Torre - Adams - McKennie
Aaronson - Ferriera - Reyna

USA getting played off the pitch in the 1st half. Down 1-0, could/should be 2/3-0.

Reaction Score
Total domination. This team looks REALLY bad. They look like they are playing a man down. I don't want to overreact, but it's not like they've looked great previously. At some point you are what you are. Can't imagine they'll make any noise in Qatar. Not a single player stuck out in a good way. Zimmerman and Long look totally outmatched.

Reaction Score
Total domination. This team looks REALLY bad. They look like they are playing a man down. I don't want to overreact, but it's not like they've looked great previously. At some point you are what you are. Can't imagine they'll make any noise in Qatar. Not a single player stuck out in a good way. Zimmerman and Long look totally outmatched.

If this is the defense we want to play, with two MLS scrubs in at CB. The watch out, we will lose every match.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
USA looked a little better for about 10 minutes in the second half, then reverted to form. Really bad outing. Nobody except Turner did themselves any favors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom