MNT’s 2022 | Page 24 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

Reaction Score
The result is likely not shocking to anyone in this thread, but it’s still disappointing.

They now have three shots on goal the past three games, and somehow Morris gets into the game before Reyna. I cannot wait to see Berhalter gone.

Reaction Score
Zimmerman's fully to blame. What an absolutely idiotic tackle on a guy facing away from goal.

Our final ball/end product continues to be a problem. Why does Pulisic still take set pieces? He gets a good ball in 10% of the time.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Horrible half.

But not shocking when you’re as poorly coached as this team is.
It was a half that was to be expected with Wales coming out being more offensive
The officiating was horrible and very slanted - yeah the call for the PK was correct but otherwise it was pro Wales - political is my guess
The Wales centerback should have been carded out within the 1st 15 minutes of the 2nd half
A point is better than a loss but it did get away from them
The restarts and the corner kicks were terrible at best for USA
As far as the coaching thats your opinion. one I dont share it to your degree. I feel that way about DH with the mens BB team (a bit over his head on the sidelines) - so be it
Ive coached soccer at various levels up to ODP for many years and I don't question Coach G's game plan at all but I think he needs to address the restarts and entry balls overall.
Knowing the age disparity between the USA and Wales it was a good match - to bad the man with the whistle wanted to make it about him in his home country debut.
On to my team - The Three Lions

Reaction Score
A draw that felt like a loss, particularly given the idiotic substitutions.

Thats really all that can be said.

Reaction Score
I’m nowhere near the Berhalter train, but this is not on him at all. Zimmerman made a juvenile mistake, and once again, our set piece and final delivery is extremely poor. It’s either blocked or doesn’t get past the first man. Pulisic should not be on dead ball duty.

Reaction Score
I’m nowhere near the Berhalter train, but this is not on him at all. Zimmerman made a juvenile mistake, and once again, our set piece and final delivery is extremely poor. It’s either blocked or doesn’t get past the first man. Pulisic should not be on dead ball duty.

I agree on Pulisic.

But Greggg chose to start Zimmerman, who is a terrible. And it’s also his call to put Pulisic on set pieces.

All these bad decisions add up.

The simple fact of the matter is that these are the best players we have had and Gregggg had never been able to get them to play well together.

This is 100% on him. When was the last time we won a match?

Reaction Score
I agree on Pulisic.

But Greggg chose to start Zimmerman, who is a terrible. And it’s also his call to put Pulisic on set pieces.

The simple fact of the matter is that these are the best players we have had and Gregggg had never been able to get them to play well together.

Zimmerman doesn’t suck. He’s been very good for us the last 1.5 years or so. He made a terrible decision/foul, that’s not on Gregg.

Reaction Score
Greggg, instead of getting LDLT, Brenden or Gio into the midfield at halftime he lets McKennie, who sucked with first touch and passing per usual flail around for 65 min until he limped off. Coaching malpractice.

My non soccer friends were texting me asking where the subs were between 45-60 min. Game was dragging and we needed energy

And then we got Jordan morris. Why not put throw his pal Roldan in there too at that point

We may struggle vs Iran since they park the bus. Today was huge, we need a point against England

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I agree on Pulisic.

Our lousy CBs and lack of final ball efficiency are what doomed us. This is who we are until we can find better player at those positions.

Credit to GGG for the starting lineup. It worked out about as well as we could have hoped. Yes, Zimmerman doesn't belong in a WC, none of the MLS only crew do. The EPL guys all showed well. The MLS guys didn't and the difference was stark. The other Euros were in the middle, but if you look at Wales they had some third division and lower guys playing for them. We had more talent except where it really mattered.

The ref was horrible, trying desperately to both make a name and not decide the match. Failing at both.

The 2nd half is all on GGG and it was terrible. Arronson for McKennie was obvious and impactful. Acosta for Musah was necessary, as was Yedlin for Dest though neither of them played well. Wright and Morris made no sense if you are trying to win.

The closer we were to our own goal the more we played off the ball and it gave Wales too much time and space. That led to a lot of chances including the penalty which would be getting a lot more heat if it were a go ahead goal. Truly and brutally idiotic. It wasn't even close.

Other than the goal, which was a brilliant counter by Sargeant, Pulisic, and Weah our offense was stuck on the flank, too slow on the overlap which left few options other than a last ditch cross which failed to threaten even once. Pulisic's delivery on set pieces was bad. Drive the ball into the box low and fast and hope. Need better.

A disappointing point for sure which if chalk holds will require an England win vs Wales which only happens if England needs to avoid Netherlands by winning the group. A 50/50, assuming we beat Iran and at least keep it close vs Eng.

We need Iran to keep it close vs Wales or steal a point.

Reaction Score
I thought Wright looked fine in his time. He is pacy and brings the size/strength that can help, obviously it helped Wales with Moore as he was a menace against us. I thought Sargent played fine too, just came time to take him off.

I think we need to get the striker involved more, playing pretty much exclusively on the wings is too predictable, especially when overlaps were race, specifically from Dest who did not play well IMO. We also need players to take on people in the final 3rd more and open up space, then hit a shot. For all of our possession we had 5 shots and 1 on target, its not good enough.

Reaction Score
Greggg, instead of getting LDLT, Brenden or Gio into the midfield at halftime he lets McKennie, who sucked with first touch and passing per usual flail around for 65 min until he limped off. Coaching malpractice.

My non soccer friends were texting me asking where the subs were between 45-60 min. Game was dragging and we needed energy

And then we got Jordan morris. Why not put throw his pal Roldan in there too at that point

We may struggle vs Iran since they park the bus. Today was huge, we need a point against England
I'm struggling to understand your post. At times McKennie has been our best player on the field in the last year.

He may be injured after today, but he's been the heart and soul of the team. The kind of guy that gets under the opponent's skin, and a talented guy in the box. If anyone is going to score a header, it's him.

Reaction Score
Was something wrong with Musah? Is he coming off an injury? He looked sluggish

Reaction Score
@upstater OK, and who have we played in the last year? Crap Concacaf teams.
Do you see where Juve plays McKennie and see his ratings? They tuck him in the corner on the wing so he doesn't f stuff up too much. Sure he's good in the air around the goal but he isn't good enough to be in the center of the park.

Reaction Score
Do you see where Juve plays McKennie and see his ratings? They tuck him in the corner on the wing so he doesn't f stuff up too much. Sure he's good in the air around the goal but he isn't good enough to be in the center of the park.
McKennie has been one of Juve's best Midfielders over the last 2 or so years when healthy, but tbf their midfield has been mostly trash over that time. Juve fans even say this. He's versatile, that's why he plays on the wing sometimes, but he plays in the middle wayyyy more.

Reaction Score
Juventus is a talent laden team and he plays well for them. I mean, the fact he plays so much for Juventus says it all.

Reaction Score
Pulisic didn't come close to putting a ball in a dangerous area on corner kicks. He has been poor at at all year. Don't get why he keeps that job.

Reaction Score
Pulisic didn't come close to putting a ball in a dangerous area on corner kicks. He has been poor at at all year. Don't get why he keeps that job.
Because no one else can do it

Reaction Score
Pulisic needs to be taken off free kicks.

And Juve flamed out of CL and have been on a run without Weston. They haven’t been Juve of old in many seasons. He’s not top of big 5 table caliber. Which is fine.

I’m a fan of his and I hope he’s ok to play against England we will need the depth.

Gregg should have pulled him at halftime for BA.

Reaction Score
We are a very easy team to defend. Give us the wings, no target striker, bad crossing, no creative player in the 10 role. No in-game adjusting

On a positive note we had more SOG than Greggg behind the back bounce passes.
We also only had 1 SOG, which was Weah’s goal.

Here’s a bet: who scores more against England, the US or Iran?

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
We are a very easy team to defend. Give us the wings, no target striker, bad crossing, no creative player in the 10 role. No in-game adjusting

On a positive note we had more SOG than Greggg behind the back bounce passes.
We also only had 1 SOG, which was Weah’s goal.

Here’s a bet: who scores more against England, the US or Iran?

England will start McGuire so there is a chance.

Reaction Score
Didn’t catch the 1st half where they laid an egg, but Japan looked amazing in the 2nd. They are a true dark horse

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Wright in for Sargent, rest of the starting XI remains the same vs England.

No Reyna, no Arronson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom