MNT’s 2022 | Page 25 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If Haji Wright is the answer, what is the question?

Reaction Score
We need to stay dangerous on the counter and not give up a cheap one on the other end. An England goal would completely take the wind out of our sails, but until then, we've shown moxie in attack.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Don't sag off and attack once we win the ball. Hope to nick a goal and frustrate Kane by making him collect the ball 30 yrds from goal.

Reaction Score
I couldn't understand the subs.

Musah was laboring. We needed Aaronson in for him, Reyna in for Weah.

Leave Dest in.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It was a surprisingly good showing for the US in terms of quality of play. We had the majority of the dangerous attacks, I'd say.

I don't understand the conservative approach on the final free kick, considering that a tie in this game does nothing for us. We still have to beat Iran to advance out of group.

Reaction Score
That clarifies it -- win and in, anything else and we're out.

This WC has had serious 2010 vibes for me ever since the groups and match order were announced, and it's going to play out almost identically, with the exception that England don't have to win on Tuesday to get through.

The problem for us is that Iran knows that they make it through with a draw unless Wales beats England. If Iran sees England get up 2-0 early on Wales, they're going to play 11 behind the ball and play for 0-0.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
I couldn't understand the subs.

Musah was laboring. We needed Aaronson in for him, Reyna in for Weah.

Leave Dest in.
I was ready to live with Dest for the last 15, but Eng forced the change. If GGG lets Rashford and co go against a tired Dest, we'd hang him. Moore was an interesting choice but I didn't want to see Yedlin after his Wales performance. Reyna for Weah was obvious. McK obvious can't go a full 90. Even GGG didn't want to bring him out, so Arronson for him made sense. Sargent was purely for pressing, no harm there.

The only ? is Musah. He wasn't contributing much on either end and was a little sloppy (and late) with his passing, but I guess GGG was happy with the status quo in the midfield. Turned out he was right.

Zimmerman is an entire class unto himself. Eng was clearly targeting him as well as the space between Ream and Robinson. That must be the consensus when playing Fulham, but both held well except a couple bail outs by Adams and others.

All and all a pretty fantastic result even if England looked confused most of the time.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
It was a surprisingly good showing for the US in terms of quality of play. We had the majority of the dangerous attacks, I'd say.

I don't understand the conservative approach on the final free kick, considering that a tie in this game does nothing for us. We still have to beat Iran to advance out of group.
Felt a cross from the side had a better chance than converting direct against England's much bigger squad. Players just muffed it or thought they had more time.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score

This WC has had serious 2010 vibes for me ever since the groups and match order were announced, and it's going to play out almost identically, with the exception that England don't have to win on Tuesday to get through.

The problem for us is that Iran knows that they make it through with a draw unless Wales beats England. If Iran sees England get up 2-0 early on Wales, they're going to play 11 behind the ball and play for 0-0.

US advances with win.
US wins the group with a win and an England loss.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score

If Iran scores at all, we will have a tough time scoring 2.

Reaction Score
I would just point out that there were people on this very board who thought Tyler Adams should play right back.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought McKinnie was still running. He needs to go the 90 next game.

Reaction Score
McKennie and Dest were subbed out because of the yellow cards. Picking up a second yellow by either would have put them out versus Iran. No problem with that decision.

BTW, England should have had numerous yellows.

Reaction Score
McKennie and Dest were subbed out because of the yellow cards. Picking up a second yellow by either would have put them out versus Iran. No problem with that decision.

He was letting them play today. Probably the best called game I hav watched. Although this only the second game I have seen whistle to whistle.

Reaction Score

Trying to catch England off guard

Reaction Score
And there is no reason for Shaq Moore to take off his pinney the rest of the tournament.
His own teammates froze him out at the end, from Matt Turner to Tyler Adams and Ream. Refused to pass to him or outlet to him.

Sometimes I see this happening at the youth level, rarely if ever in the pros.

Reaction Score

I don’t really agree. I thought this was one of the cleanest games of the World Cup, and the ref did a great job talking to players without immediately throwing soft yellows around.

That was a solid performance and result, but I thought the subs were 5-10 minutes late and bunched together way too much. I really hope we get to see more than 10 or so minutes of Aaronson and Reyna next game.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
And there is no reason for Shaq Moore to take off his pinney the rest of the tournament.

I thought he did OK, especially since I forgot he was an option.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom