Missouri presser | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Missouri presser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, you're saying the Big10 will invite Missouri in and subsidize it for a dozen years with KC and StL markets contributing nothing to the Big10s bottom line?

Unless I missed a news flash, MO is not in the SEC yet. There easily is still time for the B10 to swoop in if it wants.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
None of this needed to happen. The Big East was in a great position, and then the football schools turned on each other and everything instantly went to s***. Trust is critical in any type of organization, and when it is gone, it is very difficult to get back.

But hey, take a lap now that UConn's athletic program and national profile is in the toilet. Congratulations.

They had the chance to be in a great position a year from now. Whereas the ACC, B1G, P12 and SEC were already in great positions.

Once SU & Pitt left, it guaranteed the death of the conference, no matter what Susan Herbst said or didn't say. That's what you cannot figure out. You aren't able to resolve the difference between what they could have been with what they were once SU/Pitt left.

Reaction Score
Your advice has been "beg harder", and it has taken us this far. I guess that is all any of us got now.
I must have missed the press release where the rest of the conference pledged undying loyalty to the Big East if Susan Herbst would just recriprocate. I must have missed the press conference where the ACC said UConn is never going to get an invite. I saw the post where you said UConn would never get an invite, and where you said Tex A&M wasn't going to the SEC.
Is it fun arguing with yourself? That hasn't been my advice. That has been your characterization of Herbst's actions. And you are not proven right when your plan isn't tried, and the conference falls apart anyway.
My advice was for the rest of the big east to go hard after Iowa St, Kansas, KSU, and Baylor early on before the big 12 decided to try and stick together.

Then, my advice was start discussions with UCF & ECU for all sports, and I agreed with you on Houston but I think they should be a backup plan. I said the conference should consider Boise State if we have to for football only, but I left out Navy because they weren't interested in joining before, and I didn't think they were/are a real possibility. But I have said repeatedly, all of this has to have the main goal of retaining BCS status. Which is where we disagree because you want UMass and Houston as options 1 and 2. LMAO

I maintain that Herbst has done this the right way. We want out, we have to want out, at least she is being honest about it. We can work to strengthen the big east, while working toward an ACC invite.

You maintain we aren't valuable enough for an ACC invite, but we are valuable enough to hold the conference together. As if Rutgers won't accept an ACC invite because UConn committed to the Big East.
To use your favorite tactic. The argument you make means that we are as powerful in the Big East as Texas is in the Big 12, and yet as weak on the national landscape as Iowa State is.

Reaction Score
None of this needed to happen. The Big East was in a great position, and then the football schools turned on each other and everything instantly went to s***. Trust is critical in any type of organization, and when it is gone, it is very difficult to get back.

But hey, take a lap now that UConn's athletic program and national profile is in the toilet. Congratulations.

But it happened. Pretending all would have been well if Herbst committed to the Big East is a fantasy only you believe.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

What dream world do you live in if you are going on believing that there was a chance the ACC was going to stand idly by watching while every other major conference ended up with a far superior television contract than theirs?

The BE conference, as it was constituted could never have become significant enough to withstand another raid. As long as this was the case, the mega deal Marinatto was bragging about (which never quite made sense in the numbers thrown around as what was reported had nearly 90% of the revenues going to the football members) was always within one move by the ACC from being vaporized.

Go ahead however and claim that losing Pitt and Cuse will lead UConn's athletic program down the toilet while simultaneously claiming that all other posters have 'rolled over'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom