Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Their schedule is ranked #38 by the conventional methodology and #43 by Massey. That's not that hard for a program of their (former) caliber.

I wasn't losing my mind over the losses to Mizzou and Kentucky. Georgia, Alabama, and Arkansas just aren't that good, though.

We're talking Massey ratings of 68, 113, and 48, respectively. The best of those teams is Arkansas and Arkansas has a loss to Pitt this season. Pitt is terrible.

The fact that games like this qualify as "relatively difficult" for Tennessee is a sign of how far they've fallen.
5 consecutive losses to Alabama happening at a time when Alabama has NEVER even made the NCAA tournament field is unfathomable!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Their schedule is ranked #38 by the conventional methodology and #43 by Massey. That's not that hard for a program of their (former) caliber.

I wasn't losing my mind over the losses to Mizzou and Kentucky. Georgia, Alabama, and Arkansas just aren't that good, though.

We're talking Massey ratings of 68, 113, and 48, respectively. The best of those teams is Arkansas and Arkansas has a loss to Pitt this season. Pitt is terrible.

The fact that games like this qualify as "relatively difficult" for Tennessee is a sign of how far they've fallen.
When Pat was running the show, TN would play anyone, anywhere, anytime. This year in particular, TN's OOC schedule has more cupcakes then a school bake sale. They have one decent win against TX, a team that is also not quite as good as expected. Add to that that the SEC as a whole is not as competitive, and TN has yet to face most of the top teams in the conference. The LV's are looking at a WNIT bid at best, unless they catch magic in a bottle during the SEC tournament.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Trying to play devil's advocate for Holly Warlick:

They really have played a relatively difficult SEC slate so far and have four basically one possession losses. Missouri and Kentucky by 2, Arkansas by 1 and Georgia by 4.

Maybe you can argue that a year of experience plus adding Horston and some size would change those outcomes.

Probably worth bringing her back for one more go at it.
I’ll take “More Holly Contract Extensions” for $500, Alex.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

They really have played a relatively difficult SEC slate so far and have four basically one possession losses. Missouri and Kentucky by 2, Arkansas by 1 and Georgia by 4.

Maybe you can argue that a year of experience plus adding Horston and some size would change those outcomes.

Tenn is out-talenting some teams, not outplaying them. When the Tenn players don’t play up to their abilities or the other team has as much talent, the LVs are in deep doo doo

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Agree, in fact why not give her a lifetime contract. :cool:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
This is a topic of which I obviously lack knowledge so going forward @msf22b @SECbbfan24 we will no longer use “Chinese fire drill” here on the Boneyard.

I apologize to anyone who has been offended. My ignorance about this topic allowed the phrase to be used here and I’m sorry.

@JS @Biff
I guess Mexican standoff is also veboten, no? How about Dutch courage?

Reaction Score
This 5 game losing streak was all apart of Holly's plan to take down ND

ND won't know what hit them, they will come in thinking easy W

Then holly be like

73428882-1fd3-44bc-8cf2-d596325ed1e7.jpg
Tennessee upset Notre Dame a year or 2 ago at home Muffet will have them ready for an epic beatdown.

Reaction Score
Westbrook was really good during the comeback, but the game is not 1 against 5...hardly ever works (unless the player's name is DT)

OT: Nan, a few months ago I used the expression "Chinese Fire Drill" and was criticized (by a mod?) for using a semi-racial
slur...Is that expression back on the approved list?

Point of information: my wife is a Beijing lass. whom I met there working with the National Ballet and I still have close ties.
I'm hardly racist in viewpoint.
Sue did a pretty good DT impression to end Phoenix WNBA season.

Reaction Score
Most 18 yr-old kids feel like they are invincible, and they can certainly bewilder us at times. All these kids are stars in HS and they just assume that it'll be more of the same, regardless of where they decide to go to college. Next year's star incoming freshman Jordan Horston said all the right things during her recruitment about wanting to challenge herself under the best coaching, etc., etc. and then she selected TN. :confused:
Don't any of these players parents bother to watch any teams play. If you really are concerned about your child you should.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don't any of these players parents bother to watch any teams play. If you really are concerned about your child you should.
I'm sure parents do watch teams play. Most parents just want their kids to be happy. Outside of geography, parents will generally go along with their kid's decision, particularly when it's not going to cost them a dime. While it's appropriate for parents to ask questions and give advice, from my experience, the worst scenarios are when the parents are overly involved in the decision.

Reaction Score
How about example of Keystone Cops? Too old a reference?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Meyers, you are one cold dude!! Actually, I feel the LV fans' pain. Feels good.

It's not about revenge which is best served cold, it's more like a Clingan Blood Feud.

1548192686516.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This train wreck and dumpsters fire was in progress well before .."they decided to play at Tennessee".

I really tried to watch this, but then I found my mind wandering and my eyes shifted right and I found the next video up:
10 AMAZING REACTIONS TO NEW CAR SURPRISE

and I had to leave. The blind leading the blind. Yup, put 40 minutes together and the world will tremble. But maybe start with a quarter.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Tenn is out-talenting some teams, not outplaying them. When the Tenn players don’t play up to their abilities or the other team has as much talent, the LVs are in deep doo doo
Sorry Nan but I have to strenuously disagree with you....When the Tenn players don’t play up to their abilities or the other team has HALF as much talent,....there, I fixed it for you. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The LV's were not much better 2 years ago when they benefited from a 4th period Irish collapse of mammoth proportions and beat an outstanding ND team. I'd guess Massey will make them about a 25 pt favorite. N Dame has had a few too many late game swoons over the last few years for a team as good as they are.

Tenn will start out full of energy and their ball pressure could force some turnovers but I think ND could out score them wearing eye patches.
Tennessee might score better with eye patches!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I guess Mexican standoff is also veboten, no? How about Dutch courage?
I think Dutch courage is not actually pejorative to the Dutch but refers to the source of the high alcohol content beverages available in the slums of ye olde england (and to the common soldiers) - genever gin:

It was genever that British soldiers “discovered” when fighting alongside the Dutch in the late 1500s (it served both medicinal and recreational functions, and provide the term “Dutch courage,” as it was swigged right before battle). This soon led to the creation of juniper-driven gin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom