OT: - Mispronunciations you hate | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Mispronunciations you hate

Reaction Score
Irregardless of what was said, I hate it when someone corrects or points out a grammatical or pronounciation mistake.
Oh and the use of literally :)
Every teen overuses the word literally now. My daughter got in an argument with us this week about how she “literally turned in her English assignment so she didn’t know why her teacher was emailing us and giving her an incomplete.” Her dad texted her she should learn that if she “literally” turned it in, he would have it. She actually had photo proof and proof that kids looked at it. It was sort of funny. But she probably uses literally 30 times a day.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Irregardless...not a word

People in CT who say they've got an idear...new englanders tend to drop letters, not sure why they decide to add an r

Irregardless is a word. Not complicated. It's in the dictionary. You can say it's redundant in its meaning or means the exact same thing as regardless. You can say it's nonstandard or irregular. You can say it's awkward and doesn't read well. Those would all be opinions and are valid.

But it is a word.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not a pronouciation but when folks write EST during daylight saving time. ET is never wrong!
The moment this thread strays from mispronunciation...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Reaction Score
I hate it when people pronounce the word "from" as if it were "than." Example: "A horse is different than a cow." Oh, really? Is that to say a horse differs than a cow?

I also hate it when people misspell their given names, as, for example, the pro golfer who spells his name "Jhonattan" instead of "Jonathan." People say, "Hey, it's your name. You can spell it the way you like." Oh, really? Does that mean you can spell your name B-O-B and pronounce it "Jack?"

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I hear "scenario" pronounced with an "air-io" and an "are-io".

As a Tribe Called Quest fan growing up, the "are-io" pronunciation offends me. Lol. It also sounds more snobby IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I ok with that now. I had a student explain, "I stopped caring so long ago, I could care less now, but I chose not to."
So there’s still some level of care for the topic in that case

Reaction Score
I hear "scenario" pronounced with an "air-io" and an "are-io".

As a Tribe Called Quest fan growing up, the "are-io" pronunciation offends me. Lol. It also sounds more snobby IMO.
I worked with a guy who pronounced it Skah Nario.

Reaction Score
This litera

no one axe you

I axed myself!

Roi Et,Thailand-June9th2019:Dark temptation AXE deodrant Separated from the background.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom