Michigan and Syracuse on the schedule? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Michigan and Syracuse on the schedule?

Reaction Score
I thought we had a 10 year deal or something with UMass. If so that is likely another home game. Hopefully on rivalry weekend

Reaction Score
I would love to see a 2 for 1 with a top tier school.
Well yes. That’s when you do them. Penn State Ohio State Florida...Notre Dame...Some National program. Except in special cases like this year you don’t do them with middle of the road programs

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Imagine all that angst over a rumored two for one:

That's good news. Glad it got cleared up. There really should be angst from a 2 for 1 as reported by Storrs Central. Kinda sad how many here rationalized that it's okay to do a 2 for 1 with Cuse.

Reaction Score
That's good news. Glad it got cleared up. There really should be angst from a 2 for 1 as reported by Storrs Central. Kinda sad how many here rationalized that it's okay to do a 2 for 1 with Cuse.

Exactly right. A 2 for 2 is the kind of thing we'd like to see more of with this caliber of school.

Reaction Score
Okay...

August 27 at Utah State
September 3 CENTRAL CONNECTICUT
September 10 SYRACUSE
September 17 at Michigan
September 24 at North Carolina State
October 1 FRESNO STATE
October 15 at Ball State
October 29 BOSTON COLLEGE
November 19 at Army

(;) per the UConn release above.)

If AD Dave can add 2 more ACC teams we have a similar deal to Notre Dame, lol. This is a nice schedule and much better than the AAC. If we can also make more $$ and reduce expenses this is incredible. Winning a few would be good too.

Reaction Score
The scheduling as an independent is looking much more attractive than anything we could expect in the AAC. Seem to be able to attract teams that are much more attractive to our fanbase.

Hopefully with the better schedule we play better and attendance goes up over time.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
You don't have to accept it, but the facts are the facts:
Syracuse is in a P5 conference, UConn isn't. That alone means Syracuse athletically is at a different level than UConn.
No

Reaction Score
I was at a UConn alumni event recently and ran into an well connected alum who insisted that UConn football is getting a series with Notre Dame. I was surprised and asked if he was referring to the 'series' that turned into just 1 game back in '09; but, the person was insistent that it was in the future. In retrospect, the person may have had a drink or two extra and could have been talking about the woman's basketball series that UConn just extended, so take this with a large grain of salt...

Heard a rumor today. Remember that Yankee Stadium game that was floated by AD Dave...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Heard a rumor today. Remember that Yankee Stadium game that was floated by AD Dave...
Look at Yankee Stadium’s game history. They have been rotating through the Northeast FBS programs for late November games. It seems inevitable that we’ll end up there and probably very soon.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I guess one of the edsalls will talk about the schedule....

I really feel that if we can keep putting together schedules like we have we are going to get better recruits. We need to preach that we are going to play the big boys, they are going to get a great education and just focus on if you want to get to the next level you can do it here just as easily as at a middle of the road P5 schoolI really feel bowls are just not as important anymore unless you are a top 5-10 team.

I said it before but having independent schools like UConn are super attractive to P5 schools. For now they Should be a win but a name win all the least. Hopefully we can make them competitive in the coming years. I don’t think anyone else but I can pull this off.

Reaction Score
Look at Yankee Stadium’s game history. They have been rotating through the Northeast FBS programs for late November games. It seems inevitable that we’ll end up there and probably very soon.

There have been five November football games at Yankee Stadium since 2010, three of which were FBS games. All three of those games included Army. The opponents we Notre Dame, Rutgers and UConn. The two FCS games were Lafayette and Lehigh, and Fordham and Holy Cross. The games were played in 2010, 2011, 2014, 2014 and 2016.

Yankee Stadium is a horrible place to see a football game!

Reaction Score
There have been five November football games at Yankee Stadium since 2010, three of which were FBS games. All three of those games included Army. The opponents we Notre Dame, Rutgers and UConn. The two FCS games were Lafayette and Lehigh, and Fordham and Holy Cross. The games were played in 2010, 2011, 2014, 2014 and 2016.

I agree. I HATE, HATE football games in baseball stadiums.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

They convert the field for the bowl game, so might as well spread that transition cost over two games when you can.

Reaction Score
They convert the field for the bowl game, so might as well spread that transition cost over two games when you can.
One correction there have been four FBS games at Yankee Stadium. ND and Syracuse played there in 2018. There was another FCS games in 2019, Dartmouth and Princeton.

I do not think that teams want to play regular season games in Yankee Stadium. Once you have done it it loses its appeal. I think that Army has lost interest as well. Much better game day experience at West Point. Probably a bigger crowd as well, they sit 38,000.

Attendance:
Notre Dame Army - 54,251
Rutgers Army - 30,028
UConn Army - 25,453
Notre Dame Syracuse - 48,104

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members