Michigan and Syracuse on the schedule? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Michigan and Syracuse on the schedule?

Reaction Score
Not pleased with the Syracuse deal. I will be sending Benedict negative feedback soon.

Reaction Score
If only Shoemate hadn't fumbled.....................................could have won that game, right?
But it was dreadful watching our guys come out looking like they were holding each other up from stage fright rather than bursting out on to the field and leaping around. Maybe it meant nothing but it sure didn't feel like we were going to be aggressive.

Weren't we actually favored going into that game? Michigan wasn't a great team around that time but Denard Robinson destroyed us every which way that day.

Reaction Score
Why is a 2 for 1 with Syracuse that bad? We need local rivals, Cuse is a P5 team, and it's not like we have a lot of football capital to work with.

Because.... They are a LOCAL RIVAL!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Filling dates, as long as it doesn't become a habit 2/1 with Cuse is fine. Anyone from either fanbase that wants to go to the game can find a ticket easy.

Maybe the 3rd game is at Yankee Stadium but as long a the Liberty games are small in number this kind of thing is fine.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
... and if it was basketball you’d have a point.

Lock up as many P5 games as we can. We have a whole lot of holes to fill as an Indy. Just don’t make a habit of it.

I haven't seen the financials behind the Syracuse deal. But we can't turn a game down like that for two reasons. First, beating them helps recruiting. Second, playing them on the road helps our budget.

It's starting to look like we'll make more football money as an independent than we did as an AAC member, and we haven't even squared away a tv contract yet...

Reaction Score
Filling dates, as long as it doesn't become a habit 2/1 with Cuse is fine. Anyone from either fanbase that wants to go to the game can find a ticket easy.

Maybe the 3rd game is at Yankee Stadium but as long a the Liberty games are small in number this kind of thing is fine.

BS.

If we can get a home and home with the University of No Classes then we shouldn’t settle for less with Fruit U.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s 3 games vs a regional P5 team. I can’t be mad about that. Would be neat if it was a 1-1-1 With the 3rd at MetLife or Yankee Stadium.

I do not now and will never in this lifetime accept any suggestion that Syracuse is somehow on a different level than UConn, except maybe at Lacrosse.

Reaction Score
I do not now and will never in this lifetime accept any suggestion that Syracuse is somehow on a different level than UConn, except maybe at Lacrosse.

You don't have to, but like it or not, Syracuse, BCU & Rutgers are all in P5 conferences and we're still digging out of the rubble from a 10-year-long football program apocalypse. How about we win a FBS game (that isn't UMess) first before we get this finicky about future opponents?

Reaction Score
Now that I remember there is an away game at UNC in 2020. It was from breaking up their game with ODU. Essentially it ends up being a 2 for 1 with UNC. Maybe that could've been a reason why Cuse got a 2 for 1 series too. These 2 for 1s will continue to kill the home schedule long term.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
UConn is going to get 3 P5 games and money in exchange for the fourth game. What's the issue?
They get paid, and they save the cost of flying to the game. Whatever that savings is needs to be added to the equation. Hope they are working on a 1-1-1 set up with bc as well.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Life as an independent ain't bad at all for us. So we still dropping the program?

We're at BYU's level in football scheduling it seems and that is actually quite impressive.
Agreed. I genuinely always said that this would be a good thing.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the Cuse games being a 2 for 1 are non-september. The tricky part of being independent is scheduling games when conference season starts.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
BS.

If we can get a home and home with the University of No Classes then we shouldn’t settle for less with Fruit U.

What is to stop the next Cuse deal from being 2 for 1 on our side. You are making way to big a deal about this. When 2 for 1 with bottom half P5 teams becomes the norm then squawk. Our priorities are 1. build a marketable schedule that puts us in the P5 universe and 2. Increase revenue.

We just completed a 2 for 0 with BC, for the money. Our 2020 home schedule sucks, this is a positive step.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Now that I remember there is an away game at UNC in 2020. It was from breaking up their game with ODU. Essentially it ends up being a 2 for 1 with UNC. Maybe that could've been a reason why Cuse got a 2 for 1 series too. These 2 for 1s will continue to kill the home schedule long term.
Yes, it's quite possible that it's not typical 2 for 1's. UNC did us a favor to breakup a game as a one-off, and likely Syracuse is doing the same for a 2021 game.

I suspect that we'd be able to schedule future home-and-homes with both of those schools.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yes, it's quite possible that it's not typical 2 for 1's. UNC did us a favor to breakup a game as a one-off, and likely Syracuse is doing the same for a 2021 game.

I suspect that we'd be able to schedule future home-and-homes with both of those schools.
Yep, I still think we might see one of Syracuse’s 2021 games broken up. I’m sure we are trying. We need four games to complete 2021. Breaking up the Liberty game seems most likely, but I’m sure we would be happy with breaking up Rutty or Ohio.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom