Michigan and Syracuse on the schedule? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Michigan and Syracuse on the schedule?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
One correction there have been four FBS games at Yankee Stadium. ND and Syracuse played there in 2018. There was another FCS games in 2019, Dartmouth and Princeton.

I do not think that teams want to play regular season games in Yankee Stadium. Once you have done it it loses its appeal. I think that Army has lost interest as well. Much better game day experience at West Point. Probably a bigger crowd as well, they sit 38,000.

Attendance:
Notre Dame Army - 54,251
Rutgers Army - 30,028
UConn Army - 25,453
Notre Dame Syracuse - 48,104
I’m well aware of your points.

It’s just one home game and something that might happen once every 7-10 years. It’s not like moving games out of East Hartford is costing us much in lost revenue.

I could see a big ticket team that hasn’t experienced the novelty and also has little interest coming to east hartford signing up. Someone like UNC, Penn St or Maryland. We’ll see.

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If you have to choose between a P5 game at Yankee Stadium or Liberty at the Rent, everyone picks NYC.

I would only play a Notre Dame, Penn State, Michigan at Yankee Stadium. The sightlines at the Army game were horrible.

I'm not a season ticket holder anymore, so on TV it doesn't really matter but for any P5 school? No way. Just the elite brands.

Reaction Score

It’s just one home game and something that might happen once every 7-10 years. It’s not like moving games out of East Hartford is costing us much in lost revenue.

I could see a big ticket team that hasn’t experienced the novelty and also has little interest coming to east hartford signing up. Someone like UNC, Penn St or Maryland. We’ll see.

Wasn't the rumor, the Yankee Stadium game was tied in with a MSG basketball game with the same schools, played the night before?

That was what made the football game exciting.

Reaction Score

I got a lifetime's worth of novelty at the Pinstripe Bowl in 2014. Watching football in a baseball stadium blows and I pray that I'll never see it happen again. Uconn should engage Rutgers, Cuse, or Army for a home/home/neutral at Yankees Stadium.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I got a lifetime's worth of novelty at the Pinstripe Bowl in 2014. Watching football in a baseball stadium blows and I pray that I'll never see it happen again. Uconn should engage Rutgers, Cuse, or Army for a home/home/neutral at Yankees Stadium.

I was there too. Also for Army/UConn.

Ordinarily, I would say limit those games to ND or other top tier programs that won't play here, but as an Indy you have to factor in the gate/guarantee and the schedule implications.

If its a choice between WIsconsin/USC in NY or Buffalo in EH to fill out 12 games. It's not close. Even if it's the third or fifth game in a contract with Syracuse or Rutgers as a neutral site, we'd have to consider it.

We made an extra million be moving our BC home game to Fenway. Though I doubt that it will be a regular thing anyway.

More likely we backfill a spot in the Pinstripe bowl if they are short a team, assuming we can sign such an agreement.

Reaction Score
Which stadium is worse for football - Yankee Stadium or Fenway? I aught both UConn games at those respective venues. The only positive point I found was that I was section G something just under the deck above me, which kept my entire family dry in that monsoon.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The angles are better at Fenway, which ironically are horrible for baseball. At least on the first base side. Everything points at the Monster.

The Stadium is more comfortable being new as opposed to a remodel, but everything is very far away and the seats are pointed at home plate.

They both suck, but watching FB is better in Boston.

Reaction Score
Which stadium is worse for football - Yankee Stadium or Fenway? I aught both UConn games at those respective venues. The only positive point I found was that I was section G something just under the deck above me, which kept my entire family dry in that monsoon.

I flew out to see ND play at both places. The key thing is not that these stadiums have better sight lines, or that they are better stadiums than ND stadium, it’s the whole idea that you build the weekend around a game in New York or Boston. They usually have great tailgating and parties for fans coming from around the country. Fly in on a Friday, and leave on Monday. Same thing when they play in the meadowlands.

Reaction Score
You may think that but the kids you are recruiting don't! They want to go to bowl games!

Look at the recent independent teams who were bowl eligible. I think they generally get in a bowl game with the overflow of games.

Reaction Score

>>Syracuse University can cancel its football series with Connecticut if the ACC amends its scheduling format.

That provision, buried in the recently signed contract between the two schools, could apply when the current ACC scheduling agreement expires after the 2024 season. It can also be triggered with a move to nine conference games or changes to the ACC’s football membership, according to a copy of the contract obtained by syracuse.com/The Post-Standard.

Syracuse and Connecticut recently announced a four-game series, with games to be played at UConn in 2022 and 2027 and at Syracuse in the 2025 and 2026 seasons.

The contract gives SU the flexibility to back out of the deal without financial penalty if, for example, College Football Playoff expansion sets off seismic changes to the sport’s landscape or the ACC decides to shake up its mundane schedule.

Without such changes, it would cost the school $1 million to cancel the series unless the decision was mutually agreed upon.

UConn will pay Syracuse $250,000 for the 2022 game in East Hartford, Conn. SU will then pay UConn the same amount for its return trip to the Carrier Dome in 2025, the contract reads. The compensation increases to $300,000 for the 2026 and 2027 games. Those figures are slightly less than the $350,000 payment contracted by both schools during their previous two-game series in 2016 and 2018.<<

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score

>>Syracuse University can cancel its football series with Connecticut if the ACC amends its scheduling format.

That provision, buried in the recently signed contract between the two schools, could apply when the current ACC scheduling agreement expires after the 2024 season. It can also be triggered with a move to nine conference games or changes to the ACC’s football membership, according to a copy of the contract obtained by syracuse.com/The Post-Standard.

Syracuse and Connecticut recently announced a four-game series, with games to be played at UConn in 2022 and 2027 and at Syracuse in the 2025 and 2026 seasons.

The contract gives SU the flexibility to back out of the deal without financial penalty if, for example, College Football Playoff expansion sets off seismic changes to the sport’s landscape or the ACC decides to shake up its mundane schedule.

Without such changes, it would cost the school $1 million to cancel the series unless the decision was mutually agreed upon.

UConn will pay Syracuse $250,000 for the 2022 game in East Hartford, Conn. SU will then pay UConn the same amount for its return trip to the Carrier Dome in 2025, the contract reads. The compensation increases to $300,000 for the 2026 and 2027 games. Those figures are slightly less than the $350,000 payment contracted by both schools during their previous two-game series in 2016 and 2018.<<

Such arrogance up there. Especially for a team that travels to Ohio and Western Michigan.

Reaction Score
According to stoolie Jack McGuire who is a UConn fan.

I heard Warde was willing to do us a favor...so perhaps it’s happening.

How does playing at Michigan and Clemson help cut travel costs? We will be killed on the field and our overmatched players, will get injured !

Reaction Score
Such arrogance up there. Especially for a team that travels to Ohio and Western Michigan.

You’re presuming UConn wasn’t granted a similarly worded and considered escape clause of their own.

Reaction Score
Not sure we ever recovered from all those injuries the last 2 times we played Michigan.

Yeesh....

it’s like playing Navy before the cut block rule changes in 2018. It seemed like we always lost one or two D-linemen for a week or two.

Reaction Score
Ishaq Williams, Sheldon Day, and Kona Schwenke didn’t think it was funny.

Playing Georgia Tech was also rough on defenders...legal blocks at the knees...but teams hated that dive at your knees block.

Reaction Score
Playing Georgia Tech was also rough on defenders...legal blocks at the knees...but teams hated that dive at your knees block.

UConn should install the triple option

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom