Miami Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Miami Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I thought Andre had a horrible game tonight early fouls, and bad turnovers. I love him but he has mental lapses at times like fouling a 3 point shooter with 3 minutes left in the game and a 16 point lead. He has had great games but tonight he hurt UConn.
Hurt? Disagree… it wasn’t his best game, for certain, but he had 2 turnovers… TWO. I think you’re being a little too hard on him. He was 3-4 from the field, had 4 assists, and had 2 steals. And that’s with him not playing the last 15 minutes of the first half because of 2 (IMO) cheap fouls. Ease up, my man.

Reaction Score
Larranaga is a classy coach. I'm sure his friendship with Bob Hurley Sr. from high school coaching days was a factor, as was his friendship with Danny. He didn't turn the last 1:30 into a foul-fest and also pulled his starters. Some a hole coaches we faced pressed us until the end when we were up 15.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Clingan's feet are on the floor for this picture.
AB75DDCD-7FAF-43C4-9F55-9BF2CFBE7DBC.jpeg

Reaction Score
Larranaga is a classy coach. I'm sure his friendship with Bob Hurley Sr. from high school coaching days was a factor, as was his friendship with Danny. He didn't turn the last 1:30 into a foul-fest and also pulled his starters. Some a hole coaches we faced pressed us until the end when we were up 15.
Until the very end. With the walk ons in there.

Reaction Score
Said the same thing in another thread. One player said they return everyone. Good luck to them, except when they play UConn.
They could - but will they ? Wong is a Jr and could jump into the draft. Miller is a senior and could do the same unless he takes his extra Covid year. Its possible, but that's a long time from now...

Reaction Score
I would just like to say this Miami team showed nothing but class and great attitudes. After watching the press conference with Coach Larranega, Isaiah Wong, and Jordan Miller, it's tough not to like them. We beat an excellent team tonight, and they lost to a more excellent team. They played with toughness, made a few runs, but we just had too much.
Very true. Miami never gave up or capitulated when the lead got to 20, even though at the moment I wished they had. This might actually help UConn in that they had to deal with game pressure in the 2nd half.

caw

Reaction Score
I don’t get why 4 chased Newton to the baseline. Joey was also wide open

One sticks on Hawkins, actually the only one playing good defense.

Miller tries to jump the passing lane while Karaban fades, losing contact completely. Omier gets stuck but tries to cover Newton on his drive. Their PG is chasing the ball after the screen. Wong, for some reason, slides down to the backside of Clingan (Wong is doing nothing).

Said it before the game, they ball watch. This was a classic example.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think he plays him through tv time outs, comes in around 12 minute and 8 minute marks each half.
Does Hurley have a stop watch on Clingan. Avg 13.1 min/game. Today, 13 min/game.

Reaction Score
I don’t get why 4 chased Newton to the baseline. Joey was also wide open
It's their dribble handoff/PnR defense. Omier is helping, but #4 (Joseph) is trying to recover so Omier can rotate back to Clingan. But due to good play design and execution, Newton had way too much head of steam. Omier couldn't slow him down enough to let Joseph recover. So 2 guys are on Newton but he still has a passing window. 2 guys rotate to Clingan because otherwise he's wide open for a lob. Leaving our 3 shooters covered by 1 guy.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
They could - but will they ? Wong is a Jr and could jump into the draft. Miller is a senior and could do the same unless he takes his extra Covid year. Its possible, but that's a long time from now...

Wait, maybe it was FAU that had everybody returning. It's all a blur. The only thing I know for sure is I won't be getting any sleep tonight.

Reaction Score
Alleyne's physical ability may of won that game. Matched up well with Miami with Jackson on the bench.
Unsung game hero IMO. He never let’s what happens on the offensive end affect his effort and focus on the defense

Reaction Score
Wait, maybe it was FAU that had everybody returning. It's all a blur. The only thing I know for sure is I won't be getting any sleep tonight.
Yeah, they definitely could. Starters, anyhow

Reaction Score
Totally agree. He gets knocked around on his drives to the hole, and rarely gets a call. Absolute BS.
Yeah I give Newton a lot of credit for putting up with and persevering through that nonsense. Expect more of that BS from SDSU. Did you see their game vs Creighton? They were absolutely mugging Creighton. They remind me of the Pittsburgh teams that UConn in the early 2000s had to deal with.

Reaction Score
Unreal, this is the UConn invitational and I stand by tonight was the title game.
Like 2004? I hope you are correct, bruh. SDSU will be a tough game but I believe in this UConn team being up to the task

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom