Merrimack Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Merrimack Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Yeah we just need to win. The schedule is pretty light this year. If we could go 1-1 over our next two it would go a long way.
Yeah, a win next week would be a gift, but I think we can beat FAU.

Reaction Score
Hi all, hope you don't mind a boring message from the "old guy"! Huskies needed that kind of a win today. Should make practice go better next week as they prepare for Duke. The best thing of all, besides the win, was the crowd. It was good to see that amount of fans after a tough loss to Maryland. Not sure where they go from here, but the fans came out and gave their support. Salute to all who went to the game, or watched like me. GO HUSKIES!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Hi all, hope you don't mind a boring message from the "old guy"! Huskies needed that kind of a win today. Should make practice go better next week as they prepare for Duke. The best thing of all, besides the win, was the crowd. It was good to see that amount of fans after a tough loss to Maryland. Not sure where they go from here, but the fans came out and gave their support. Salute to all who went to the game, or watched like me. GO HUSKIES!
Nothing boring about a happy fan posting after a win. It sure beats the alternative!

Reaction Score
The fans here really are tough so I was pretty pleased with the turnout from TV. I have a group of friends I used to go to games with who have checked out, but this is already generating a little buzz in the group chat. If we can win another couple in the next few games I might actually have a group of people to head up to the rent with this year.

Reaction Score
Our boys should get credit for rebounding after last week's "scrimmage". We are in for a rollercoaster, 2 games into the season and we don't know if we are going to be a good team or not. The only thing certain is good things will happen if we throw in Bell's direction.
Really need to see how they do against a team of similar ability. The first two were simply Men v. Boys.

Reaction Score
I tried watching on channel 3 but they had other programming on, anyone else have this problem?
Channel 3 (WFSB) showed the game until 3:00. Then they switched to CBS programming which was showing the Iowa-Iowa State game. The UConn game continued on WFSB's sister station, WWAX.

There are several ways you can watch The WAX. If you have cable TV, the easiest way is to just say “WAX TV” into you voice enabled remote control.

With an Over the Air Antenna – You will have to rescan your TV similar to how you did when you purchased your TV. Once complete, we are on Channel 27. You can also watch it on WFSB 3.4.

Comcast - Watch the Wax on Channel 931 and 1166.

Cox Cable – WWAX Channel 19 on all COX cable systems in Connecticut.

Altice Cable – Altice Cable has WWAX on Channel 113 in New Haven and Litchfield County and Channel 8 in Fairfield County.

Frontier- WWAX on Channel 27

Charter/Spectrum- Channel 795

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I was gonna go look for that game. My son and his friend had my tickets and a buddy of mine and I watched from a bar on the Island. Sold out Rent as I recall. Pumpkin spice beer. Like this one, over early.
Crazy as it seems, Michael Strahan played at Texas Southern. Of course, it was from 89-92. He had nothing to do with that game.

Reaction Score
Channel 3 (WFSB) showed the game until 3:00. Then they switched to CBS programming which was showing the Iowa-Iowa State game. The UConn game continued on WFSB's sister station, WWAX.

There are several ways you can watch The WAX. If you have cable TV, the easiest way is to just say “WAX TV” into you voice enabled remote control.

With an Over the Air Antenna – You will have to rescan your TV similar to how you did when you purchased your TV. Once complete, we are on Channel 27. You can also watch it on WFSB 3.4.

Comcast - Watch the Wax on Channel 931 and 1166.

Cox Cable – WWAX Channel 19 on all COX cable systems in Connecticut.

Altice Cable – Altice Cable has WWAX on Channel 113 in New Haven and Litchfield County and Channel 8 in Fairfield County.

Frontier- WWAX on Channel 27

Charter/Spectrum- Channel 795
They should have mentioned during the game ... (maybe they did?) that you could switch to that

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I remember in 2016 when UConn struggled and needed a comeback to defeat FCS Maine in the first game and when they got defeated soundly by FCS Holy Cross in 2021. Those losses told us those seasons were dead in the water. It's nice to see them actually blow out a mid to lower level FCS team.
What I remember over the past dozen years are losses to Towson (Townson per P) & Holy Cross and escaping by the skin of our teeth against Yale, URI and I believe) Stony Brook. There were a few others that were a whole lot less comfortable than they should have been that are all blurred together in the ongoing nightmare that we have lived since the Fiesta Bowl.

Today was a serious breath of fresh air.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
What I remember over the past dozen years are losses to Towson (Townson per P) & Holy Cross and escaping by the skin of our teeth against Yale, URI and I believe) Stony Brook. There were a few others that were a whole lot less comfortable than they should have been that are all blurred together in the ongoing nightmare that we have lived since the Fiesta Bowl.

Today was a serious breath of fresh air.
Well said.

Reaction Score
I believe Pryce Yates can be an NFL player. He has not played yet. We have 4 good RBs. We have really upgraded our WRs even after losing Joly and Cam Ross. Getting our DBs and LBs to tackle well is a big key to this season. They did well today. At today's game we looked like a tidal wave. Pregame Jelani Stafford had a game face on that let you know no one was happy with last week. We also cut down on our penalties today. Huge win.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Think we might have 4 real running backs, at least 3 of which are threats to catch it out of the backfield. That rocks
I love Rosa’s hard nose running, old school hard runner but I can’t say how many times he’ll have a great cut he can make to spring him or at least gain another 5-10yds and he will run into his blockers every time. I’ve wondered why he has been buried on the depth chart but I’m starting to realize why.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I believe Pryce Yates can be an NFL player. He has not played yet. We have 4 good RBs. We have really upgraded our WRs even after losing Joly and Cam Ross. Getting our DBs and LBs to tackle well is a big key to this season. They did well today. At today's game we looked like a tidal wave. Pregame Jelani Stafford had a game face on that let you know no one was happy with last week. We also cut down on our penalties today. Huge win.
We just need to get some takeaways. They are huge in close games.

Reaction Score
A lot of overreactions last week. Ridiculous. With 1 loss, we still have a chance of making the college playoffs. Nice win today against a tough Merrimack team. Let's go!
There weren't a lot of overreactions last week, we looked putrid against an ok Maryland team. It's nice we crushed a terrible Merrimack team but it means nothing if we aren't competitive against Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom