Men's soccer 2018 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Men's soccer 2018

Reaction Score
UConn finally ties it up at 1 in the middle of the second half with a goal by Dayonn Harris. Assist goes to Abdou MBacke Thiam. Before the goal I had visions of UConn's ranking in the polls quickly going down the drain at the hands of Sacred Heart. Of course, there is still time for that.

Reaction Score
Nine minutes to go, game still tied at 1. Radio broadcast tonight has all sorts of sound issues tonight.

Reaction Score
UConn gets a 2-1 lead with a little over a minute left in the game. Thiam with the goal!

Reaction Score
Next up for UConn, the top two teams in the AAC face off as the Huskies travel to Orlando for a Friday afternoon 4pm matchup with Central Florida. Both teams are currently ranked in the polls. The game is on ESPNU, it doesn't sound like WHUS is carrying the game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Heading into Friday...

>>Another #AmericanMSOC team in the national polls this week is @UCF_MSoccer - who is ranked #19 in the latest @UnitedCoaches poll.<<

It's encouraging to see UConn soccer showing some semblance of what it can and should be. I hope the students take notice. It was a must attend event when I was a student, always a ton of fun.

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score

He's going to be talking out off his a** once again to the media about how good he feels about the group. How they are different from the last years but I just don't see it. They have been getting wins lately but they don't look like a team that can compete for any kind of championship or even ncaa tournament in my opinion. I expect another collapse and falling short of the tournament but hey I hope im wrong.

Reaction Score
He's going to be talking out off his a** once again to the media about how good he feels about the group. How they are different from the last years but I just don't see it. They have been getting wins lately but they don't look like a team that can compete for any kind of championship or even ncaa tournament in my opinion. I expect another collapse and falling short of the tournament but hey I hope im wrong.

Did you even listen to the interview - it occurred the other day.

Reaction Score

Do You?

Reaction Score
Really cool to have a ranked UCONN vs ranked UCF on ESPNU. Can't wait!

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Nice and warm 88 degrees and not a single cloud in the sky here.

Reaction Score
UConn at Central Florida, no score at the half. UConn is getting outshot 10-2.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Ref has let a lot go lol. These ucf fans here are hilarious, they don't think they've deserved the 3 they got.

Reaction Score
Game ends in a scoreless tie, so UConn remains in first place in the AAC for now. If South Florida beats Temple at home tonight, the Bulls will be in a first place tie with UConn.

bill6319

Storrs, CT
Reaction Score
That was a rough one to watch, thank god they were able to hold on for the draw. UConns center back #23 Robin Lapert played like an animal today. This defense is solid and Abdou is a proven stud. The midfield seemed to be overmatched today. But it was big to avoid a loss and keep the streak going. Lets keep this going

Reaction Score
Caught the second half. Very physical game and UCF should have recieed a few more yellows that they actually got. UCF was more agressive while UConn focused on clogging-up the middle. Game also got more sluggish as it move along, likley due to the heat. That 1v1 break towards the end of regular time shoudl have been a goal for UConn as the UCF kepper was spread eagle leaving the 5 hole open. The announcers were a tad on the UCF side and when not gloating about how great the atmosphere was for the game, talking about MLS and USA soccer than the game itself.

Happy with a draws on the road against a quality opponent.

Reaction Score
South Florida beat Temple last night, so now UConn and South Florida are in a first place tie in the AAC men's soccer standings. Central Florida and SMU are both one point behind, so there is a big bunch up at the top of the standings.

Next up for UConn is an out of conference home game against Boston College. UConn has looked shaky at times, but has so far managed to avoid losing since the two losses in Bloomington to Notre Dame and Indiana early in the season. A positive result against BC would look nice on the post season NCAA tournament resume.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Our midfield has to improve its skill level. The regularly had the ball taken away by UCF defenders. Holding possession for more than a few passes was difficult. The entire offense was based on long balls and transition. The set pieces never threatened anything. So, yeah, a draw was a great result.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom