Memphis Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

Memphis Postgame Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Memphis game:
  • Yea I know. Turnovers, poor shooting and defensive breakdowns make for some ugly basketball.
  • Geno tried just about every player combination he could think of to get some offensive flow and defensive intensity in the first half. I was excited to see Evelyn get some early PT, but sadly she threw the ball away on her first offensive possession, and she was soon back on the bench. Sigh……
  • Liv continues to be an enigma. Against a team with some size like Memphis, we need more from her.
  • Don’t know if Elvis was in the building tonight, but fortunately Crystal was. She had a nice game in front of family and friends, and she was critical hitting her shots when it seemed like all her teammates were laying bricks.
  • Christyn made all her layups tonight including several “High Degree of Difficulty” shots. At the same time, she was 0-3 from the arc.
  • Oh well. A win is a win is a win.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Cannot WAIT for the post game presser from Geno. Should be a riot!

Bottom line, dismal performance against one of the worst teams in our conference. But yeah we won, nobody was injured, and no one died, so I guess those are the good things LOL! ;)

Team is certainly "allowed" to have a stinker every once in a while. But it's disheartening to see so many steps backwards. I thought the Houston game was 2 steps forward, but this sure felt like 3 steps back!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Memphis game:
  • Yea I know. Turnovers, poor shooting and defensive breakdowns make for some ugly basketball.
  • Geno tried just about every player combination he could think of to get some offensive flow and defensive intensity in the first half. I was excited to see Evelyn get some early PT, but sadly she threw the ball away on her first offensive possession, and she was soon back on the bench. Sigh……
  • Liv continues to be an enigma. Against a team with some size like Memphis, we need more from her.
  • Don’t know if Elvis was in the building tonight, but fortunately Crystal was. She had a nice game in front of family and friends, and she was critical hitting her shots when it seemed like all her teammates were laying bricks.
  • Christyn made all her layups tonight including several “High Degree of Difficulty” shots. At the same time, she was 0-3 from the arc.
  • Oh well. A win is a win is a win.
Crystal shot well. The rest of her game was off tonight

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The crowd will be 80% UConn fans. My husband and I will be there. It’s practically a home game in Orlando
You may be drafted onto the court:oops:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
but it is fundamentals, making free throws, 5 early turnovers by Meg, and Liv can't pick up her fourth foul with less than a second left in the third. She has to know better. This is a team that was 0-3 in the AAC.
Liv didn't play well, but that 4th foul on her was a phantom foul. The Memphis kid just took a dive and the ref bought it. Now the other 3 fouls were all hers.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
The crowd will be 80% UConn fans. My husband and I will be there. It’s practically a home game in Orlando
Ok, I hope that it helps us play a normal UConn type game

Reaction Score
Question: since its been difficult for Geno to get this year's team to run the offensive, would he consider a new scheme? Like this year's one on one ability but that alone won't win any tournaments.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom