Change Ad Consent Memphis Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

Memphis Postgame Thread

-

oldude

bamboo lover
Some thoughts on the Memphis game:
  • Yea I know. Turnovers, poor shooting and defensive breakdowns make for some ugly basketball.
  • Geno tried just about every player combination he could think of to get some offensive flow and defensive intensity in the first half. I was excited to see Evelyn get some early PT, but sadly she threw the ball away on her first offensive possession, and she was soon back on the bench. Sigh……
  • Liv continues to be an enigma. Against a team with some size like Memphis, we need more from her.
  • Don’t know if Elvis was in the building tonight, but fortunately Crystal was. She had a nice game in front of family and friends, and she was critical hitting her shots when it seemed like all her teammates were laying bricks.
  • Christyn made all her layups tonight including several “High Degree of Difficulty” shots. At the same time, she was 0-3 from the arc.
  • Oh well. A win is a win is a win.

EricLA

Cronus
Cannot WAIT for the post game presser from Geno. Should be a riot!

Bottom line, dismal performance against one of the worst teams in our conference. But yeah we won, nobody was injured, and no one died, so I guess those are the good things LOL! ;)

Team is certainly "allowed" to have a stinker every once in a while. But it's disheartening to see so many steps backwards. I thought the Houston game was 2 steps forward, but this sure felt like 3 steps back!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Some thoughts on the Memphis game:
  • Yea I know. Turnovers, poor shooting and defensive breakdowns make for some ugly basketball.
  • Geno tried just about every player combination he could think of to get some offensive flow and defensive intensity in the first half. I was excited to see Evelyn get some early PT, but sadly she threw the ball away on her first offensive possession, and she was soon back on the bench. Sigh……
  • Liv continues to be an enigma. Against a team with some size like Memphis, we need more from her.
  • Don’t know if Elvis was in the building tonight, but fortunately Crystal was. She had a nice game in front of family and friends, and she was critical hitting her shots when it seemed like all her teammates were laying bricks.
  • Christyn made all her layups tonight including several “High Degree of Difficulty” shots. At the same time, she was 0-3 from the arc.
  • Oh well. A win is a win is a win.
Crystal shot well. The rest of her game was off tonight

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
The crowd will be 80% UConn fans. My husband and I will be there. It’s practically a home game in Orlando
You may be drafted onto the court:oops:

oldude

bamboo lover
but it is fundamentals, making free throws, 5 early turnovers by Meg, and Liv can't pick up her fourth foul with less than a second left in the third. She has to know better. This is a team that was 0-3 in the AAC.
Liv didn't play well, but that 4th foul on her was a phantom foul. The Memphis kid just took a dive and the ref bought it. Now the other 3 fouls were all hers.

Question: since its been difficult for Geno to get this year's team to run the offensive, would he consider a new scheme? Like this year's one on one ability but that alone won't win any tournaments.